Points to Board Size?

BloodWolves

Kinda the wrong subforum as such things are tournament specific and not just official rules but most tournaments play on 6x4 and with 1500-2000 points. I see 1750p fairly often but that's really a regional thing.

Was it combat patrol that used 4 x 4', or another of the smaller games? Otherwise it has always been 6 x 4' but of course free for players to change as they see fit, as with anything else in the game ;) This also applies to tourney naturally, as they can set the table size to whatever they want but short of Apocalypse games I think you should expect the standard 6 x 4' board.

As always with these kinds of things there are only suggestions from GW. The standard size is 6x4 as shown with the deployment maps for various missions but there's a table in the core rules for downsizing which indeed mentions 4x4 as well.

On the other end of the scale, how large of a game before you start extending the table to 8x4 or 9x4? I reckon 6x4 can handle 3000pts easily, or even 4000pts if neither player brings a horde army, but above that I’d be wanting some breathing space.

That's the table you can find in the core rules. A same unit per detachment limit got added in the BIG FAQ but I was too lazy to download it right now.

3FGfxKF.png

Archived