Transcendent C'tan replacements and other things.

chapter master 454

So first question is what options are there for Transcendent C'Tan other than having to fork out for a £95 box where I only want one part of it (because I want 3 of those Gods made of Star Candy! More on that later) so I am wondering what suggestions you guys have. I have only found something like maybe 1 or 2 options but I would rather have a nice selection of models I could pick from as right now, of the options I have only 1 is certainly fit for purpose while the other is questionable at best. So what advice there for C'tan models (I already have the deceiver and nightbringer. The original metal ones too. Got them back when it was 3rd ed codex and we talked about only 4 C'Tan!) so I don't want them suggested purely because that would look tacky as heck. And Necron don't do tacky!

2nd is some advice in relation to a couple of list ideas I have.

1 is a real spammer of a hammer. 4 C'tan, Deceiver + 3 transcendents all taking cosmic Tyrant so I can fire 7 powers a turn and if I am right with how the C'tan power swap stratagem works, turn 1 will lead off with 3 anti-matter meteors and 2 of another power with 2 more of whatever choice I like. List is fairly heavy on them but I do bring some Novokh Butchers (Destroyer Lords with intent to chop!) and a slew of troops. (hence why I want some transcendent C'tan. I actually really want to try this list out!)

The other goes in on another unit. 30 lychguard all with warscythe of Novokh with intention to summon via invasion beams (3 night scythes). From some rough cut theory, they can quite handidly chop up anything once they get going. I do bring a bunch of warriors to back it, along with some Novokh Butchers (you may notice I am going to try Novokh a lot. Was going to go Mephrit but since EVERYONE does that decided to challenge myself and Novokh has a pretty boss relic, stratagem and beastly code).

Might try a list with flayed ones, go in on the re-roll EVERYTHING idea. Just want to try and build some lists that don't just go "here's my destroyer farm. Yep, been growing these destroyers since pappy's pappy was but knee high to the phaerons ankle plate" and also try to make use of some of their fairly strong melee power (like seriously. They may not have thunder hammers but some of their melee options are just silly good by default).

Ok, reaper miniatures makes a line of large elementals that are great for C'tan. I have large fire elemental like this one.

https://www.snmstuff.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/77082__41754.jpg

It's a translucent somewhat flexible material. It just barely fits on a 70mm round base.

This earth elemental could be a good C'tan, pant it in that dark green stone material with bright green crystals.

http://forum.reapermini.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-7765-0-43692000-1389599830.jpg

They also have fire and water elementals. They're amazingly cheap .

That's not bad, I would point out that some c'tan are described as fiery, like N'Phoran the spiral flame, and the reaper mini figures are very cheap. Even adding in the 70mm base the fire elemtal needs still keeps it low cost.

You could likely get 3-4 reaper large elementals and bases for what that star god costs.

https://www.amazon.com/Large-Fire-Elemental-Miniature-Reaper/dp/B00EYMNCE6

https://www.amazon.com/Reaper-77185-Elemental-Legends-Miniature/dp/B079Z8822R/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_21_bs_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QFBT7C26NSE3BANAAFSY

I could see naming the stone elemental "Kra'gorath the living mountain".

I had already put the Star God from Mastercrafted on my list and doubly so once I found the lore regarding the Crimson King and the Crimson God. Model seems to fit that perfectly. The fire god certainly seems notable and the fire elemental would fit nicely but now that leaves the 3rd. I suppose I can justify one purchase of the tesseract vault though I would likely endeavour to convert it so it can transform between the two models but ideally would like a 3rd model that gives a unique sense of a c'tan. Not feeling the earth elemental...doesn't feel "C'Tan" in a way...almost too peaceful if you know what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe something in the AoS Nighthaunt range would work. Lady Olynder has the right sort of enigmatic and floaty look to work as a C'tan shard IMHO. Just trim off a few of the more fantasy-esque details like the little ghosts and hourglass and Voila!

99120207064_LadyOlynder01.jpg

It sure would and does, there's a few examples abound on the interweb. Here's one that's been cleaned up and shows that the model is a good scale for the project.

necron_c_tan_shards_by_vergoner_d9lxdu8-

Archived