Necron Cryptek- Battle at Sanctuary 101

Legiocustodes

I’m still working hard to prepare both armies (Sisters of Battle and Necrons) to refight the White Dwarf 1997 battle report - Battle at Sanctuary 101 !

This week I have focused my efforts on producing a Cryptek to help lead my metallic killers against the Imperial usurpers...

aC8Mei0.jpg

MpR4d8m.jpg

jqUq2Qs.jpg

Whilst I’m pleased with how the model turned out... my enduring memory of this project is that Finecast is crap to work with!

More detail on my blog at: https://classicastartes.blogspot.com/2019/02/blog-post_24.html?m=0

Looks very good. I think it came out very well. :tu:

Whilst I’m pleased with how the model turned out... my enduring memory of this project is that Finecast is crap to work with!

I can't agree more. Especially with that particular model. I got my son one for his Necron list and it's so badly warped and bent it looks like he's falling over on the base. I have a Finecast version of a Chaplain & the Emperors Chaplain too and man, I wish they were plastic. I think I'm going to have to replace the sword on the EC it's so badly warped. I wish GW would just make everything plastic and scrap the Finecast garbage. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived