Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Daemon Rumour Engine - February 24th, 2019

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts
Whatever it is, it’s big.

Good thematic terrain makes for great narrative gaming. Even if the rules are lacklustre for inclusion in lists they can be focal points for assaults/defences and macguffins for story arcs.

It also really helps set the mood of the game.

Perhaps later editions will improve the rules for faction terrain, but the use for narrative gaming is always there.
  • apologist likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,289 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

It is pretty awesome to come back from a week away from a computer to see all these rumour engine pieces. Bit miffed that there was no pre-order announcement today, but still. Sick stuff.

I echo the terrain guesses.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 25 February 2019 - 02:39 AM.

bRxSYDV.png

Cactus

Cactus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,075 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
I think it's the groin-dangling decoration from a knight-like bipedal walker. The parts in the bottom corners of the image could be knees.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,039 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I wouldnt say its that big if the skulls are average human sized, so I thought some form of Daemon Engine at first. Then I thought if it was a moving thingy then there might have been more 'movement' in the chains. How big have the faction scenery bits been so far?

Could be a very big Icon on something?

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,476 posts

How big have the faction scenery bits been so far?

It really depends. The Mekboy Workshop is various pieces, the workshop itself being big enough for the new Ork vehicles to fit under its frame, the Skaven Gnawholes aren't that big but come in a box of three, while the Idoneth Shipwreck is massive, comparable to a Land Raider, maybe even slightly bigger. Can't say anything about the GSC drill, but considering it's Sector-compatible, it's not hard to give it a rough estimate. As for the Nurgle tree, here's a pic next to some other models.

maxresdefault.jpg

So really, I guess it depends on it being a single piece or part of a set, compatible with existing terrain or not, etc.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,014 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

How big have the faction scenery bits been so far?

Can't say anything about the GSC drill, but considering it's Sector-compatible, it's not hard to give it a rough estimate.

So really, I guess it depends on it being a single piece or part of a set, compatible with existing terrain or not, etc.
Agreed - anything that uses the Sector Mechanicus or Imperialis and is meant to mesh into the decking, that has a 5" set height.

The Tectonic Fragdrill (GSC drill) has decking up at the 10" height, while the Imperial Knight Sacristan Forgeshrine had decking at the 5" height, but depending on whether you measure to the top of the plasma conduit, the control panel top, or the tip of the vent spire, it's like 6.5"-7", 7.5"-8" or 9.5"-ish.

I guess the question on this, if it is terrain, would be if it is meant to integrate into something, or start a whole new line. If it's Daemon-Forge stuff, I could see it being the same height as the Mechanicus stuff, and maybe GW gets the opportunity to sell some Daemon-Forge/Dark Mechanicus(m?) upgrade kits.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,634 posts
It'd be cool if there's a Chaos terrain kit that you can add to existing kits to make them look tainted. I'd buy a lot of that!

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,675 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
I feel like someone on the WHC staff is a fan of the Caged Demonwolf from Adam Warren’s “Empowered”...
  • Bryan Blaire likes this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users