Tokens - Homemade and Third Party

Brother Tyler

I've uploaded the tokens for the Fallen Angels.

This completes the initial batch of Heretic Astartes themed tokens (more to come later). Next will be the Adeptus Mechanicus tokens followed by those for the Astra Militarum.

As far as the xenos tokens go, I'm probably going to have to come up with a Commander Aura token for each faction (i.e., it won't be one size fits all). This is going to extend things a bit. Luckily, I have a bunch of them already ready, just waiting for that Commander Aura image. I'll start with the ones that are ready, and will then move on to those that I haven't gotten to yet (which, if I recall correctly, means that the various Aeldari sub-factions will be last).

I've uploaded the tokens for the Mars forge world, with three sets of tokens featuring the Cult Mechanicus, forge world, and Skitarii legions icons.

I'll be uploading the tokens for the rest of the major forge worlds as I get to them, in alphabetical order.

I've uploaded the tokens for the Metalica forge world, with three sets of tokens featuring the Cult Mechanicus, forge world, and Skitarii legions icons.

I've also gone back and zipped all of the files. In addition, I've reorganized the tokens on the pages, with the Commander Aura and Psychic Effect tokens appearing at the top so that there is immediate visibility of which faction is covered. I'm not going back and fixing tokens that have already been uploaded, but any future tokens will follow that template.

I've uploaded the tokens for the Stygies VIII forge world, with three sets of tokens featuring the Cult Mechanicus, forge world, and Skitarii legions icons.

This completes the major official forge worlds for the Adeptus Mechanicus. The next set I'm working on are the Astra Militarum (revising, finishing, uploading). After that, foul xenos.

Thanks for all the tokens! :)

Are you making tokens for various Scions regiments or Just a generic One?

And about Scions It would be cool if the winged skull had a knife behind It (to show that the Scions are special forces)... ;)

Thanks for your Amazing work! :)

I can make tokens for various Scions regiments, but that will take time. Since I don't have their codex, I'm relying upon Lexicanum as a source of information and imagery. Looking at the regiments shown on Lexicanum, I might create tokens for each of the worlds (Kappic, Deltic) instead of regiments. In most cases, the different regiments from the same world use the same colors, simply arranging them differently. The only exception to this is Psian, with the 54th Psian Jackals using an all-black scheme and the 34th Psian Vipers using a blue and black scheme (I would just use blue and black).

If a knife were added to the Astra Militarum winged skull icon, it would look too much like the Adeptus Astartes icon (a sword). Does the codex show an icon that is representative of the Militarum Tempestus as a whole?

I can make tokens for various Scions regiments, but that will take time. Since I don't have their codex, I'm relying upon Lexicanum as a source of information and imagery. Looking at the regiments shown on Lexicanum, I might create tokens for each of the worlds (Kappic, Deltic) instead of regiments. In most cases, the different regiments from the same world use the same colors, simply arranging them differently. The only exception to this is Psian, with the 54th Psian Jackals using an all-black scheme and the 34th Psian Vipers using a blue and black scheme (I would just use blue and black).

If a knife were added to the Astra Militarum winged skull icon, it would look too much like the Adeptus Astartes icon (a sword). Does the codex show an icon that is representative of the Militarum Tempestus as a whole?

The old (6th edition) MT codex shows a Lion head with wings as the MT icon

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/4/4a/Tempestus_Icon.jpg

Edited by Master Sheol

At the size at which these tokens print (1" for the discs, 1.25" for the hexagons, .5" for the squares), I doubt that having a graphic background is going to add anything visually. There's not much to be gained from the colored/textured backgrounds that I've been using. It's not a bad idea, mind you, but I don't think that it's going to be inherently "better" than the current images. The key is in getting the right colors, regardless of what background image is used.

At the size at which these tokens print (1" for the discs, 1.25" for the hexagons, .5" for the squares), I doubt that having a graphic background is going to add anything visually. There's not much to be gained from the colored/textured backgrounds that I've been using. It's not a bad idea, mind you, but I don't think that it's going to be inherently "better" than the current images. The key is in getting the right colors, regardless of what background image is used.

Well, whatever you do will almost certainly turn out nicely, good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I did some thinking about the problems with the Astra Militarum tokens and I think that the problem has to do with the largely neutral colors they use and trying to get three of those to work on the tokens. Slavishly sticking to the three colors pattern (background, icon, icon outline) may not be the correct thing to do. If the tokens use only two colors (background and icon), they might work better.

Here is how the Armageddon Steel Legion icons turn out (top is the old 3-color scheme, bottom is the new 2-color scheme):

tn_gallery_26_15205_112821.pnggallery_26_6416_30.giftn_gallery_26_15205_336751.png

tn_gallery_26_15205_102852.pnggallery_26_6416_30.giftn_gallery_26_15205_463650.png

Does that work? If it does, I'm going to try the others out to see if this works for them, too.

• 3 months later...

I got a bit sidetracked with all kinds of other projects. Here are some things in the works (besides the Astra Militarum):

Adeptus Custodes

tn_gallery_26_15205_242360.pngtn_gallery_26_15205_281698.png

I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do for the xenos commander aura icons (the Imperium tokens use laurels and the Chaos tokens use a stylized version of the Chaos star), so here are the objective markers for some of the races:

Aeldari, Asuryani, Craftworld Alaitoc

tn_gallery_26_15205_939365.png

Aeldari, Asuryani, Craftworld Biel-Tan

tn_gallery_26_15205_515247.png

Aeldari, Asuryani, Craftworld Iyanden

tn_gallery_26_15205_888488.png

Aeldari, Asuryani, Craftworld Saim-Hann

tn_gallery_26_15205_496064.png

Aeldari, Asuryani, Craftworld Ulthw

• 8 months later...

I got tired of not finishing the tokens, so I took some time out from other projects this evening to push this rock up the hill.

The main thing that was hampering my efforts was trying to find suitable icons to represent the commander auras of the various xenos races. I tried a few based on the aesthetics of a few of the races, but I wasn't satisfied with them. Ultimately, I decided to use the same laurel for the xenos that I used for the Imperium.

I've "finished" all of the images for the factions you see in the next few posts, but I might re-work a few of them (especially if there are suggestions). There are a lot of factions, and posts are limited in terms of the number of images that can be included, so I'm going to break this up into multiple posts. Now it's just a matter of putting all of the images together into the files for downloading and printing.

First, a few factions of the Imperium have tokens...

ADEPTA SORORITAS

Order of the Argent Shroud

tn_gallery_26_15205_300066.png

Order of the Bloody Rose

tn_gallery_26_15205_226372.png

Order of the Ebon Chalice

tn_gallery_26_15205_344451.png

Order of the Martyred Lady

tn_gallery_26_15205_227644.png

Order of the Sacred Rose

tn_gallery_26_15205_274541.png

Order of the Valorous Heart

tn_gallery_26_15205_19702.png

INQUISITION

I have these in folders under names of the Ordos, but the Ordos don't have official colors that I know of, so I'm just showing them without labels here.

tn_gallery_26_15205_74046.png

tn_gallery_26_15205_194760.png

tn_gallery_26_15205_377539.png

ASTRA MILITARUM

I adjusted these by moving the commander laurel to the front. There were also a few whose colors were unsatisfactory. In these cases, I generally removed the third color. I haven't begun working on the Militarum Tempestus yet.

Armageddon Steel Legion

tn_gallery_26_15205_117515.png

Cadian

tn_gallery_26_15205_194595.png

Catachan (this is one I might adjust)

tn_gallery_26_15205_601632.png

Elyssian

tn_gallery_26_15205_403904.png

Krieg

tn_gallery_26_15205_192257.png

Mordian Iron Guard (this is another one that I might adjust)

tn_gallery_26_15205_188154.png

Tallarn

tn_gallery_26_15205_419637.png

Valhallan

tn_gallery_26_15205_421652.png

Vostroyan

tn_gallery_26_15205_390705.png

And then there were the xenos. First, the ones that only have one token [for now].

ORKS

I actually have plans for a lot more of these to cover the various clans, but a set of generic tokens seemed like a no-brainer.

tn_gallery_26_15205_53660.png

GENESTEALER CULTS

These will be expanded so that there are tokens matching the schemes of the Tyranid hive fleets. I might adjust the basic design by shrinking the Genestealer Cult icon a bit.

tn_gallery_26_15205_503712.png

T'AU

I might expand these to provide a set of tokens for each Sept. Again, I'll probably adjust these to shrink the icon a bit.

tn_gallery_26_15205_51289.png

And then there are the races for which I've knocked out multiple sets...

ASURYANI

I've started with the five major craftworlds. When I have time, I'll expand the options to include the other known craftworlds for which there is a color scheme and rune.

Alaitoc

tn_gallery_26_15205_217198.png

Biel-Tan

tn_gallery_26_15205_417759.png

Iyanden

tn_gallery_26_15205_390371.png

Saim-Hann

tn_gallery_26_15205_50238.png

Ulthw