Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

All knight 2k

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

mechanicus88

mechanicus88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
Hi all
I need your help for build my list
Right now i have

1 FW Atrapos
1 crusader/warden
1 errant
1 gallant
2 armiger warglave

Can you help me?
Thank you

mechanicus88

mechanicus88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts

Any C&C are welcome

SHD Raven

2 helverins

2 Warglaive

SHD Krast

Crusader-Warlord(first Knight)-RFBC-Endless fury-Stormspear rocket pod

Errant-Stormspear rocket pod

Gallant-Paragon Gauntlet-Ion Bulwark-Ironstorm missile pod

1997/2000 9CP(-1 Exalted Court | -1 Heirlooms)

Thank you

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,824 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists
I’d drop one Warglaive for a loyal 32 battalion or a loyal 17 admech battalion

sneakybamsen

sneakybamsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 984 posts
  • Faction: DA, IK, TS

You get naught from having 3 or 4 armigers in a SHD. Might as well stick em in the same detachment as the bigger knights. You need 4 big knights and 2 armigers to get to 12 CP. I've run it competitively at two events with mixed experiences. I went 3-2 with one list and went 2-1 with the other.

I have a couple of threads on quadstoris lists as I call them, have a look around and you should be able to find some inspiration.

• Lord Ragnarok likes this

A.K.A. Brother Cyphriel

7OYFHsF.png

mechanicus88

mechanicus88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
First of all thank you!

The knight lance shd require 3 titanic unit, how can i reach 12 cp w only 4 big knight? Maybe i misunderstood the rule:)

sneakybamsen

sneakybamsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 984 posts

First of all thank you!

The knight lance shd require 3 titanic unit, how can i reach 12 cp w only 4 big knight? Maybe i misunderstood the rule:)

It's been errataed - You get 6 CP from a SHD with 3 questoris or bigger knights and 3 CP from a SHD with 1-2 questoris or bigger and the other 1-2 slots containing armigers.

A.K.A. Brother Cyphriel

7OYFHsF.png

mechanicus88

mechanicus88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts

Ok new list:)

SHD (household??)

Armiger Warglaives

Armiger Warglaives

Gallant

SHD(Krast)

Crusader-RFBC,Stormspear,First Knight,Headsman's mark(or endless fury??)

Errant

Warden

1998/2000 pt

12CP(3 Battle forged,3 first SHD, 6 second SHD)

Correct?

Thank you

sneakybamsen

sneakybamsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 984 posts

Yes, that would be a sensible list. Krast for the glaives and gallant. Unless you need Headmans Mark, the Crusader might be considered for house Raven. Warden and Errant will get more mobility from going that direction, and you could go Order of Companions to make the most of the shooting of the Crusader.

A.K.A. Brother Cyphriel

7OYFHsF.png

Lysere

Lysere

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,917 posts
  • Faction: Templar Order

If you want pure Mechanicus then Krast on the Gallant, otherwise house Terryn always works with melee knights. I'd expect the Gallant to die very fast either way since most people are well aware of what it can do.

ETL_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpg

mechanicus88

mechanicus88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
Thank you all
In the coming months i will participate to my first tournament.
I know the list isn't the most competitive anyway i prefer to use a pure knight army.
Any advice for me?
Major threats?
Week point?

sneakybamsen

sneakybamsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 984 posts

In my experience, if facing lists that have somewhat limited range but firepower to put big dents in knights within that range (hive guard with impalers for instance), stay back when playing hammer and anvil. Let your long range guns do what they can to whittle down the threats your opponent has, I won a game against tyranids and GsC (pre codex) in november at the ETC qualifiers. My opponent was baffled by my 6 models congalining deep in my deployment zone for two turns, but he came in with his stealers from reserve, and he had to start coming forward with the hive guard, giving me the initiative.

When playing psychic battery plus cultists/daemons, stay out of range untill you can bring all of your knights to bear at once. Watch out for a mind controlled Gallant (same with GsC) though, as it can oneshot one of your other knights. Make sure, that when you go in, hit like a wrecking ball in one place, and perhaps make sure your armigers take the brunt of smiting.

If playing against knights, get rid of the Castellan if you can first and foremost. Watch out for Krast Crusaders as well and Gallants. Statistically as Krast they kill a questoris knight from full wounds in one activation.

If using ETC rules or similar, make sure you swap warlord traits and relics to suit your needs between games. If playing against a lot of vehicles or monsters (especially knights), having the Krast Crusader is rather sweet with Headmans Mark and First Knight (if it doesn't need Ion Bulwark). If it's raven, Endless Fury is the obvious choice. It is as well when playing against horde type lists or lists that at least don't run vehicles or monsters in numbers. Most importantly though, make sure you are aware of your opponents shooting. Does he have several shooting threats? If so get Ion Bulwark on the knight that is most important (probably Crusader). Landstrider and Armour of Sainted Iron is one of the most solid combinations on a Gallant. Also helps the Warglaives get further forward when needed, as they want to be Krast with the Gallant.

One last thing - I would consider going for the Ironstorm Missile Pod instead of the Stormspear. Killing hordes is not easy with knights, unless you kind of kit for it, and the Ironstorm does save you 29 points. That buys meltaguns on both armigers, which I think is worth it against those vehicle/monster heavy lists. Alternatively you could get a Warden instead of the Errant, the avenger gatling is the superior weapon of the three main questoris guns.

Edited by sneakybamsen, 08 March 2019 - 07:31 AM.

• Link2edition likes this

A.K.A. Brother Cyphriel

7OYFHsF.png

mechanicus88

mechanicus88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
You are awesome! Thank you
  • Link2edition likes this

Link2edition

Link2edition

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 645 posts

I am keeping an eye on this thread as I am working on a similar army.

Can you elaborate on "The Loyal 17"? I am familiar with the guard version but I haven't seen admech used much.

Clingy

Clingy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts
Batallion

Enginseer
Enginseer
Rangers (5)
Rangers (5)
Rangers (5)

Clocks in at 165 points. Choose whatever flavour of Admech suits you best. Most people go for Stygies/Graia

Link2edition

Link2edition

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 645 posts

What advantage does it have over the guard version? Just cost?

sneakybamsen

sneakybamsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 984 posts

Yes, cost. It has a little less output than the AM one in shooting, I believe, but 30 guardsmen or 15 rangers shooting won't be making much of a difference anyways, so that doesn't matter. Also, there is a little thing with the engineseers. If your knights are Questor Mechanicus, the engineseers can repair them. It's not a lot, but sometimes it can be the difference between bracketed and not.

The real difference is in flavour though. I am personally not a fan of the guard, so if I were to run a knight list that wouldn't be pure, I'd much rather use Admech than AM.

A.K.A. Brother Cyphriel

7OYFHsF.png

Starskysdad

Starskysdad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts

there are additional benefits - +1 wound back on a knight a turn and for 1 CP a knight can benefit from Canticles

Clingy

Clingy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts
Giving a knight a 2+ 3++ is quite fun and if it’s Taranis you can give it a 6+++ too heheh

SwashBuccaneer

SwashBuccaneer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch
This has been an awesome post as I've been considering a knight army. Have been trying to pick between knights or GSC and the knights look like a lot of fun and I love their fluff.

Link2edition

Link2edition

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 645 posts

This has been an awesome post as I've been considering a knight army. Have been trying to pick between knights or GSC and the knights look like a lot of fun and I love their fluff.

As someone who plays both Knights won't hurt your wallet as much for sure.

Competitively most people build their armies to take on knights, but folks haven't figured out how to counter GSC yet.
GSC will take longer to play because its really high model count, and its total lack of durability will punish you hard at first. Cult is also 100% a finesse army so it will take some time to get good with them.

I feel like Knights are easier to have fun with, but cult will have a higher skill ceiling, but that comes with a steep learning curve and many lost games.

hope that helps.

• SwashBuccaneer likes this

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

++ DIMICATIO FORMIDOLOSA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,833 posts
  • Faction: Conclave of Shadows

You get naught from having 3 or 4 armigers in a SHD. Might as well stick em in the same detachment as the bigger knights. You need 4 big knights and 2 armigers to get to 12 CP. I've run it competitively at two events with mixed experiences. I went 3-2 with one list and went 2-1 with the other.

I have a couple of threads on quadstoris lists as I call them, have a look around and you should be able to find some inspiration.

You should link them in your sig.

gallery_12375_5740_34637.jpggallery_12375_5740_49348.jpg
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

sneakybamsen

sneakybamsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 984 posts

I could, but I do not consider them to be divine knowledge, if I may say so. I play competitively and try to perform well, but there are far better players than me playing knights, and for the GT I am attending 9th and 10th of june, I am bringing knights with admech, as table possession is so critical now, that most games are lost even if you table your opponent with current ETC missions, as a lot of armies score so many maelstrom and eternal war points, you still can't win.

I'll link to the latest pure knight list I ran in february here. I went 2-1 with it. Short summaries of the three games inside.

http://www.bolterand...h-no-castellan/

• Lord Ragnarok likes this

A.K.A. Brother Cyphriel

7OYFHsF.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users