Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Daemon Engine – 25th February, 2019

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,828 posts

This new art shows a Chain Axe belonging to Black Legion World Eater, also has a normal axe :)

QtJ4TQf.jpg

• Aztek likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,634 posts
I only see regular axes in that picture. Where do you see a chain axe?

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 972 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Bottom left
Imperial Guard - Elysians and Krieg --- Knight House Hartwick --- Watch Company Cygnus
sDn55VZ.png

Lord Castellan of the Mighty Astra Militarum (Until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,973 posts
Is it just me that keeps looking at it making revving noises.....:evil:
  • Wolf Guard Einar and Doctor Perils like this
bl-logo.jpggallery_45765_12339_50558.png
“We are returned”
Black Legion WIP
Flesh Eaters WIP
Tutorial:Glowing Eyes/Power Weapons
Index Astartes:Flesh Eaters

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Bottom left

That's a regular axe though...
  • Nemesor Tyriks likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 972 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Bottom left

That's a regular axe though...
That'll teach me to zoom in on my phone! My bad!
Imperial Guard - Elysians and Krieg --- Knight House Hartwick --- Watch Company Cygnus
sDn55VZ.png

Lord Castellan of the Mighty Astra Militarum (Until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,092 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

PLOT TWIST the chaos star is actually just the old WE symbol muahahaha

• Vanger likes this

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,751 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate

Seems like we're attaching a lot of our own meaning/interpretations to some of this artwork here. Makes sense given that we're discussing rumors without any solid info, but almost everything at the moment is pure conjecture.

• fire golem likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Maschinenpriester

Maschinenpriester

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 408 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children
My guess would be thats it is from a chaos lord or chosen kit. It does not seem to be from the upcoming csm kit. We have seen that one yet. And terminators have only power weapons currently. And i dont see them making zerkers with the upcoming wave.

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 706 posts

Seems like we're attaching a lot of our own meaning/interpretations to some of this artwork here. Makes sense given that we're discussing rumors without any solid info, but almost everything at the moment is pure conjecture.

That is true, but if we do not guess what it is, the Daemon Boss will turn the Daemon Engine into a wheel axle. And we don't want that. We want agonisingly drip fed, daily pictures of Spider... I mean the new CSM models :D

• Parweke likes this

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 593 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I think Valrak might be onto something with that image. Looks different than the chain axe they showed off though for the Chaos Marines. Still, I'm betting on an axe for regular marines or Chosen if we get them.

If I'm wishlisting it's a Terminator weapon like the Chainglaive and mace of doom. Imagine Bringers of Despair having unique weapons depending on their visual legion choice. So this axe might belong to a World Eater Bringer of Despair, while the Chainglaive will probably belong to a Night Lord Bringer of Despair, and kinda anyone's guess who mace of doom guy is. I'd be super hyped about a squad of Terminators that all were Black Legion yet you could tell where each of the models came from legion wise.

• betrayer41 likes this

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,751 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate

That is true, but if we do not guess what it is, the Daemon Boss will turn the Daemon Engine into a wheel axle. And we don't want that. We want agonisingly drip fed, daily pictures of Spider... I mean the new CSM models :D

Haha yeah I get ya, I’m more referring to calling a vaguely illustrated axe a chainaxe and assigning a legion based again in vague aspects of a helmet.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 706 posts

I think Valrak might be onto something with that image. Looks different than the chain axe they showed off though for the Chaos Marines. Still, I'm betting on an axe for regular marines or Chosen if we get them.

If I'm wishlisting it's a Terminator weapon like the Chainglaive and mace of doom. Imagine Bringers of Despair having unique weapons depending on their visual legion choice. So this axe might belong to a World Eater Bringer of Despair, while the Chainglaive will probably belong to a Night Lord Bringer of Despair, and kinda anyone's guess who mace of doom guy is. I'd be super hyped about a squad of Terminators that all were Black Legion yet you could tell where each of the models came from legion wise.

*ahem*

Let's face it, except for GW staff, nobody knows what half of the images represent and GW keeps a tight lid on information. Also they somehow got expert in puting easter eggs everywhere and now we are hunting for clues like in a "where is Waldo" painting.

• Juggernut likes this

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,045 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
Looking at how the axe is mutated (the chain has gums!), I'm prone to wondering again whether we might see possessed get upgrades?!
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,030 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Looking at how the axe is mutated (the chain has gums!), I'm prone to wondering again whether we might see possessed get upgrades?!

NAh, they need better rules. Just plain D3 and not random dmg would make them good.

This looks more like termie or character variant.

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,666 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

If it is a terminator power axe this will be a heavy shift from the current design. Totally possible but it could easily be on a normal CSM melee trooper as just a decorative Bob the skull chain axe.

For me the best part of the weapon is teeth of the axe and the non smooth edges creates an interesting design. Lots of options for painting this one.

CSM termies had "poweraxe" chainaxes back in 2nd ed. Just going back to normality... smile.png

Also, the cataphractii power axes looks like that too...

Blightlords have two in their kit too.

NAh, they need better rules. Just plain D3 and not random dmg would make them good.

This looks more like termie or character variant.

Possessed are d3 attacks and flat damage right now, do you mean damage 3 possessed? That would be weird.

D3+1 attacks at 20ppm would make possessed worth it to me.

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 640 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
Looks large to me, I think we're getting some terminators with two handed weapons - like the mace in the pic or the chainglaive.
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,289 posts

Not convinced it's from a Terminator. When you compare this to the axe on the power armoured model from the initial preview, there doesn't appear to be a size/scale difference, imo.

bRxSYDV.png

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,092 posts

Im losing my mind, sometimes i look at it and it looks huge, I just went back and now it looks PA marine size

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,476 posts

I'm looking at the skull for size. It doesn't seem that much bigger than the one the Aspiring Champion's wielding, but at least a bit bigger.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,289 posts

Yeah obviously we can't tell for certain but when you compare them side by side, other than some detailing and the more mutated look of the teeth, they're essentially identical. Not convinced the skull gives the size away as being bigger at all.

vxmvrrn.png

Edited by Marshal Loss, 25 February 2019 - 08:41 PM.

• Sandlemad, Juggernut, RedFox and 1 other like this

bRxSYDV.png

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,092 posts

Yeah obviously we can't tell for certain but when you compare them side by side, other than some detailing and the more mutated look of the teeth, they're essentially identical. Not convinced the skull gives the size away as being bigger at all.

vxmvrrn.png

I love the teeth, always wanted something like this since reading Betrayer and reading that the Gore axes have micah/mica? Dragon teeth as the blades....AWESOME.

Also agree about the skull could be a legionaries or a guardsmen skull. Regardless i LOVE the skull and teeth and axe and and...heavyy breathing

Edited by betrayer41, 25 February 2019 - 08:46 PM.

• Marshal Loss likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

vxmvrrn.png

Yeah the whole shaft is pretty much an exact copy. ^^

• Marshal Loss likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,030 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Also, it has alot of chipping along the blade edge... Surely hint towards character. GW so loves pushing more characters to us. Perfect for kitbashing~~

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,476 posts

vxmvrrn.png

Hmm, yeah. Put next to each other they look almost identical minus the head. I think the new one's longer "blade" was throwing me off. The Champion's one has a "flat" end to it.

Also, it has alot of chipping along the blade edge... Surely hint towards character. GW so loves pushing more characters to us. Perfect for kitbashing~~

Iunno, could be the filter just making the damage more noticeable. The few revealed CSM have some good chipping across their armour and weapons.

Edited by DeadFingers, 25 February 2019 - 09:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users