Need help with rules.

GrandMagnus

Hi guys,

I was playing on saturday with a few buddies of mine and we had a few questions of the rules that I just wanted to post here and see if you could help clearing it up (we don't play very often, maybe once every 1 or 2 months, so we are still learning).

First question: Is it possible for a model to shoot AND throw a grenade. I believe it isn't possible, that the grenade counts as his weapon for that shooting phase, but I might be mistaken.

Second question: We thought of this midway through our second match on saturday, so I will just put on an example:

My Tau XV25 has a fusion blaster, which shoots 1 shot a S8 and does 1d6 damage (2d6 if within half range). So my question is, as in this case, if I shoot a unit of 20 necron warriors and my xv25s 1(!) shot hits the unit, does the entire unit take 1d6 damage or only 1 model IN the unit? As in, only 1 of the 20 necrons take 1d6 damage.

Thanks in advance :)

1. A model can shoot all its weapons at once with two general exceptions. If a model shoots a pistol it can only shoot with all its pistol type weapons. And if a model throws a grenade it can't shoot with any other weapon.

Additionally T'au can't shoot other weapons if they shoot a Markerlight weapon unless it's a vehicle.

2. Unlike in AoS multi-damage weapons don't spill over to other models in 40k. So a Fusion Blaster can always only kill one model.

Note that mortal wounds do spill over to other models.

Alsoa Fusion Blaster doesn't deal 2d6 damage at half range. You take the highest of 2d6.

1. A model can shoot all its weapons at once with two general exceptions. If a model shoots a pistol it can only shoot with all its pistol type weapons. And if a model throws a grenade it can't shoot with any other weapon.

Additionally T'au can't shoot other weapons if they shoot a Markerlight weapon unless it's a vehicle.

2. Unlike in AoS multi-damage weapons don't spill over to other models in 40k. So a Fusion Blaster can always only kill one model.

Note that mortal wounds do spill over to other models.

Alsoa Fusion Blaster doesn't deal 2d6 damage at half range. You take the highest of 2d6.

Thanks for clearing that up! :) Wow, I terribly miss-read the fusion blaster rule :facepalm:

Archived