Things i'd like necrons to have.

Beatnik cryptek

I can think of a couple things i'd like necrons to have.

A sniper character, a sort of character deathmark with a better gun and maybe some stealth or camo rule. Maybe he was a master assassin in the necrontyr days. He sells his services to the highest bidder.

Mindshackled. Various creatures like humans, orks, elder, tau, etc that have been infested with mindshackle scarabs and are under necron control nkw. Drones that have some special rules like auto pass leadership, some sort of special limited save, and a unique rule that means they are all counted as dead at the end of the battle so the enemy scores some points for them, meaning the necron player has to try to get something out of them because he will be giving the enemy a few points by taking them.

Edited by Beatnik cryptek

I was just about to say how Warriors didn’t need a new kit, then realized what I was about to say and mentally smacked myself....

Warriors need a new kit. Just because it’s plastic doesn’t mean it’s bad. I hate assembling warriors. My AdMech Warrior conversions are less of a pain in the actuator simply because I get to use greenstuff...

Flayed Ones need a hard reboot, 110 percent. The models look cool but my god they are expensive and failcast.

New Heavy destroyers would be very nice (or at least cheaper ones) as well as destroyer lords.

A separate transcendent C’Tan kit would be nice, as opposed to having to try and find something cool elsewhere.

Since we’re wishlisting, I’d like a proper plastic lord, xryotek w/chronometron, and a wargear kit to bring back everything we lost between 6th and 7th. I miss you dearly, 290 pt overlord with all the trinkets. Dearly.

Pariahs. Different types of Pariahs (ranged? units that are disturbingly similar to the culexus assassins?)

Old style non-Canoptek Wraiths.

The Heralds of the Dragon - AI entities throughout the ages who have come to the same logical conclusion - that the C'tan (and in particular the Dragon) are the faction most worthy of worship. (Kaban engine, DAoT entities, T'au AI, nano-swarms, etc.)

Lords standing on waves of living metal.

Grey Goo.

Deep-striking pylons/obelisks onto the battlefield (can be upgraded to have turrets), which you can then teleport warriors to (instead of their disappointingly primitive methods of troop transport).

Yes I loved the old style Wraiths. They went hand in hand with Destroyers as a concept of body modification rather than each Necron being stuck as its only form.

Had great potential to see Necron Wraith Lords, as well as other new designs.

Seconded a new flayed one and warriors kit. I think we are fine on the character front. Could do with another vehicle of somesort which has multiple 36-48" guns to actually have some long range dakka which isnt a doomsday ark.  

A new Warrior kit would undoubtedly look cool but outside the squat pose the current kit looks pretty good. Give it new leg and arm positions as well as new head attachment for some chin movement and all of a sudden you have a tall but lithe killing machine.

Unquestionably new Flayed Ones, C'Tan, then all the rest of the Finecast range redone in plastic would be welcome and look amazing I'm sure.

Bringing Pariahs back would be a huge help to Necrons on the tabletop even if the unit was 0-1 per army. I could see a use for a squad of psychic nulls with fancy not-warscythes in almost every game I have played.

A new Warrior kit would undoubtedly look cool but outside the squat pose the current kit looks pretty good. Give it new leg and arm positions as well as new head attachment for some chin movement and all of a sudden you have a tall but lithe killing machine.

Unquestionably new Flayed Ones, C'Tan, then all the rest of the Finecast range redone in plastic would be welcome and look amazing I'm sure.

Bringing Pariahs back would be a huge help to Necrons on the tabletop even if the unit was 0-1 per army. I could see a use for a squad of psychic nulls with fancy not-warscythes in almost every game I have played.

I think the warrior legs work great on immortals at they look like they're bracing to take massive recoil from the heavier weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

Pariahs! We need more anti psyker options.

I’d like less of a focus on named characters, and more fleshed out generic characters.

I like the idea of an assault transport. A smallish skimmer vehicle that can quickly jump up the board and teleport in units of 5-6. Being able to teleport off the tomb world is a great fluff, but I don’t think we can take advantage of it enough.

And, please GW, make our vehicles made of Blackstone like you sold me in the fluff that you forgot about right after you wrote it. We need psychic defence and tying it into our vehicles sounded really cool.

Warriors with a Tesla rifle option would be good. R24", Assault 2, S4, Ap-, D1 and the usual Tesla rule for exploding 6s. A unit of 20 with MWBD would actually make it worth taking Warriors over Immortals once in a while.

It would also be nice if Scarabs were redone and removed from the Warrior kit. There have been well done Ripper and Rat swarms and there's two existing Scarab designs already to fill the base with, plus it would go hand in hand a new Warrior box. Update gauss weapons to match the DDA/Immortal designs, adding a tesla option would be great. The stubby versions of the gauss flayer that are already abound almost have the right look, I don't think it would be that hard for GW to pull it together.

That would also lend itself to new Destroyer and Monolith kits and the abolition of acrylic rods.

Basically do to Necrons what is currently happening to Chaos and has happened repeatedly to the SM lines :lol:

Edited by NTaW

• 2 weeks later...

I remember back in the old days when Necrons used be built into other bodies more - we had Destroyer Lords and Wraiths and Destroyers etc I'd like an expansion on that.

We got Tomb Blades and Destroyers so what else could we have? Close combat variant of Destroyers would be amazing. Maybe something akin to the old Wraiths that had used Phase Technology?

Phaerons . I had forgotten this idea.

If I remember lore correctly, overlords are parts of a court and can hold high rank. They usually become Nemesors and lead the army of the dynasty into battle. But, they serve in place of the Phaeron.

He/she/it? is the true head of the dynasty.

I see the Phaeron as being the Necron version of a Primarch. The stat line would be on par with Guilliman. They should have devastating range attacks, top tier CC attacks and access to some sort of technomancy abilities.

I’d be even happier if they were essentially generic, meaning not tied directly to any one dynasty, and had a list of abilities you could choose from to make yours more unique and customized. Similar to the transcendent C’tan.

I’d prefer it to be a point/CP upgrade like it was in editions past. We have ‘the phaeron’s will’ which is a lite version (1 CP to use MWBD twice) but I’d prefer it a permanent upgrade (3 CP for casting MWBD twice every turn).

Of course, if GW goes above and beyond that I’ll be very happy.

Just so long as I can still use my current Phaeron Model (CCB overlord).