Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Things i'd like necrons to have.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Beatnik cryptek

Beatnik cryptek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 84 posts
I wish we had multiple types of scarabs. The damn tau bave several types of drones, gun drones, sheodl dronesnes, missile drones, heavy gun Sri es, cloak dro es, weapon boost drones, ad infinitum.

We get scarabs. Period. How about some scarabs that can intercept hits aimed at a character? How abiut shroud drones that generate a field around units that makes them -1 to be hit in shooting? How about drones that fight in close combat along with characters making them harder in melee and takes the first scored wounds?

Sure out done scan do the self destruct bit if you have CP and a spider can maybe add afew new scarab bases. But we still have just the onescarabe unless you're a weinie who counts the cryptek with the big scarab under it.

Ahzek451

Ahzek451

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 227 posts
I'd settle for some adjustments that make scarabs more of a threat in combat. AP-3 on wounds of 6 would be nice. Need that, "massive-metallic-flying-insect-swarm-coming-to-nomnom-your-face" feel. Perhaps a rule or strat that allows for a unit of them to generate d3 bases for every unit they kill. It is in the fluff after all. Nomnom, self replication.

Come to think of it...Gw has been known to make fluff with rules that do not match, but in this instance wouldnt it be nice? It would breath new life into scarabs and spiders. I'd propose that scarabs self replicate as described above. And spiders instead, could choose to use nanoscarabs to either repair wounds to a unit(and not just vehicles), or tear them apart with a ranged attack. And in addition, have an aura ability that only affects canoptek to represent the command function they seem to have in the fluff. Further amplified if the unit is made up of 3 spiders.

Edited by Ahzek451, Today, 03:57 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users