Things i'd like necrons to have.

Beatnik cryptek

I wish we had multiple types of scarabs. The damn tau bave several types of drones, gun drones, sheodl dronesnes, missile drones, heavy gun Sri es, cloak dro es, weapon boost drones, ad infinitum.

We get scarabs. Period. How about some scarabs that can intercept hits aimed at a character? How abiut shroud drones that generate a field around units that makes them -1 to be hit in shooting? How about drones that fight in close combat along with characters making them harder in melee and takes the first scored wounds?

Sure out done scan do the self destruct bit if you have CP and a spider can maybe add afew new scarab bases. But we still have just the onescarabe unless you're a weinie who counts the cryptek with the big scarab under it.

I'd settle for some adjustments that make scarabs more of a threat in combat. AP-3 on wounds of 6 would be nice. Need that, "massive-metallic-flying-insect-swarm-coming-to-nomnom-your-face" feel. Perhaps a rule or strat that allows for a unit of them to generate d3 bases for every unit they kill. It is in the fluff after all. Nomnom, self replication.

Come to think of it...Gw has been known to make fluff with rules that do not match, but in this instance wouldnt it be nice? It would breath new life into scarabs and spiders. I'd propose that scarabs self replicate as described above. And spiders instead, could choose to use nanoscarabs to either repair wounds to a unit(and not just vehicles), or tear them apart with a ranged attack. And in addition, have an aura ability that only affects canoptek to represent the command function they seem to have in the fluff. Further amplified if the unit is made up of 3 spiders.

Edited by Ahzek451

Put my virtch-cred where my vocalizer is and made up some Cryptek rules.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/355474-lord-of-arcane-sciences-a-fix-to-make-crypteks-more-fluffy/

Have a look-see, and maybe play some games with them. Let me know what you think!

There should definitely be a summon type ability that spawns a wave of Scarabs. Rising up out of the sands to swarm over enemy infantry, very thematic.

Similar to a certain spell from that other game, involving rats.

I've been doing some digging on the history of Necron releases. Turns out our relic units from the 2002 release (3rd Ed.) are Warriors/Scarabs, the finecast Lord w. ResOrb, and the Monolith. Everything else was added with the 2011 release of the 5th edition Codex (only model not pictured is the Scythe variants but rules exist) and the 2012 release (6th ed.) of Apocalypse saw the addition of the Tersseract/Obelisk kit. I'm pretty sure the plastic Overlord was released in 2015 alongside the 7th edition Codex, and we got the plastic Cryptek last year.

I doubt this will show us anything about our future but I like knowing the history.

Edited by NTaW

Heh, and some of us lived it :wink:. I remember jumping onto the necron train before there was a codex, back with the metal: lord, warriros, immortals, destroyer and scarabs. Chapter approved army list only.

Don't forget the the destroyers and destroyer lord. There were technically 2 lords on foot that came out as well. One was a limited release and never made it to finecast. 

I have a hunch that GW is working on plastic versions of our heroes/flayed ones. I feel the natural order would be these guys followed by whatever new units they decided to throw at us before making new warrriors/scarabs, destroyers, and perhaps.....maaaaybe a new monolith. IF they are truly trying to phase out all plastic green bits. Which seems to be the direction. 

Edited by Ahzek451

That's when I started out playing Necrons as well, I feel like that was 1998 or 1999. If we're talking about the metal models too there were four individual Lord models. The original Tomb Kings-ey one, the one with resorb that we still have in finecast, a mirror sculpt to that one with a clawed hand instead of the resorb, and another limited one I have only ever seen pictures of:

http://www.evil-games-shop.de/WebRoot/Store15/Shops/78108884/5B25/3989/B99A/C6E6/7EF5/0A0C/6D00/5DE7/necron_lord.jpg

Man I wish there was generic plastic characters with wargear options. Monopose is cool as a starter to assembling models but the options and freedom would be welcome.

Edited by NTaW

Necrons had Wraiths and Tomb Spyders back in the old days too. Man I miss those times. The potential for Necrons to get body upgrades was great back then, as we had a Destroyer Lord and Wraiths were Necrons.

I was around for the original list back in White Dwarf but I was too young to have the disposable income to afford the army :(

Just out of curiosity, how many of you write to 40kfaq and what are your top wishlist items that you usually send them?

Cutting my list down to size(and leaving out details), but mine:

In an effort to make the army durable but not broken...

Change living metal to ignore 1ap from weapons. Example: lascannon shooting at monolith is reduced from ap -3 to -2. Represents living metal adapting. And a gneral boost to our vehicle defense.

Change enhanced Reanimation protocols from the useless strat it is now to allow for a unit that was wiped to attempt a res. Cannot be used on canoptek or characters. 

Tesla destructors are really lackluster. Bring back arcing rule to cause a mortal wound on nearby units.

General character boosts, especially crypteks.

Fix monoliths, doom scythe death ray, and the obelisk(Does anyone else think this unit is terrible?).

Ghost arks to allow units to fire out of it.

Bring back mindshackle in some form.

Change spyders and scarabs. The narrative changed, so change the rules too. scarabs need to hit harder and self replicate if they kill models. Spyders need an aura/command ability to boost/affect nearby canoptek models. Further boosted if the unit has 3 spyders. Spyders no longer add to scarabs but instead either attack nearby enemy units with nanoscarabs or repair freindly units with them. Fabricator upgrade could boost repair roll. 

Give the hovering rule to obelisk and vault. 

Edited by Ahzek451

Just out of curiosity, how many of you write to 40kfaq and what are your top wishlist items that you usually send them?

This question prompted me to start a thread specifically tailored to a response. Feel free to chime in:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/355633-necron-homebrew-fixessuggestions-for-40kfaq/