How are the 1.1 FAQ's playtest units?

Mazryonh

It's a 80pt unit plus a siege breaker tax. So it does add up. If I have spare slots I always seperate them because of exactly this reason. Tho the extra 2" move does help this

As an IW the Siege Breaker is no tax since I take him anyway for my Tyrant Siege Terminators. But I get your point. It is still too potent a weapon in my book because it kills of MEQway to easy.

Yeah, but a scorpius is 35pts more, probably lands more AP3 hits, and can take down medium armour. It also has no Siege Breaker tax.

The elephant in the room is always Iron Fire, which is a strong ROW, but there are also other equally strong legion specific ROW that favor other types of lists. Even if the phosphex mortars and Iron Fire didn't exist people would still take artillery (IE: Typhon) to deal with large infantry blobs. Rock beats scissors- it's part of the metagame. Most lists have counters, but if you want the counter to an artillery list to be large blobs of footslogging infantry, well I don't know what to tell you...

In the age of the warmonger, the quads are more vulnerable than ever too.

Yupp, he's gonna ruin the day of lots of static armies.

But again in my humble experience every army should have at least on deep striking unit of sorts.

There are lots of ways to pull that of like using a Dreadclaw, a Termite or something like that. You got to have such units to punish your opponent, to annoy them ans to do something against deathstars in transports.

Nothing annoys people more then killing his Spartan with 800 points of dudes in it turn one. ;)

Yeah, but a scorpius is 35pts more, probably lands more AP3 hits, and can take down medium armour. It also has no Siege Breaker tax..

The Scorpion is a whole other story and should be fixed as well. :)

Dirt cheap and with higher side armour then the Predator.

Crazy tank.

The elephant in the room is always Iron Fire, which is a strong ROW, but there are also other equally strong legion specific ROW that favor other types of lists. Even if the phosphex mortars and Iron Fire didn't exist people would still take artillery (IE: Typhon) to deal with large infantry blobs. Rock beats scissors- it's part of the metagame. Most lists have counters, but if you want the counter to an artillery list to be large blobs of footslogging infantry, well I don't know what to tell you...

I second that.

But Phosphex ruins armies with lots of infantry. They should suffer from artillery -of course they should- but not on that scale and not so easily in my humble opinion. I don't know how to fix that though.

Maybe just the small blast?

The biggest reason canister shot was op was because the combination of crawling fire and multiple small blasts. You could simply over saturate an area with wounds due to the 2" reposition.

Now you can only do as many hits as models in the squad and is still limited by its ap 3. If that destoyer sarge had artificer, the damage should have stopped as soon as it reached him. Scorpius does a better job of clearing meq, Medusa does a better job of being large blast.

Imo cost is appropriate considering you're pretty much the least effective serious artillery piece.

Archived