Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Daemon Engine – 28th February, 2019

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

Another tale from Vigilus, this time from the perspective of a slave to Chaos. This bit could be interesting if it means anything:

Three of the daemonic spider-engines clambered out of the ravaged dome, then three more, then a dozen, spilling like insects from a hidden nest. Larger Daemon-beasts crawled amongst them, stomping with piston-driven force into the fray.

Edited by DeadFingers, 28 February 2019 - 04:04 PM.

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts

Another tale from Vigilus, this time from the perspective of a slave to Chaos. This bit could be interesting if it means anything:

Three of the daemonic spider-engines clambered out of the ravaged dome, then three more, then a dozen, spilling like insects from a hidden nest. Larger Daemon-beasts crawled amongst them, stomping with piston-driven force into the fray.

Before the first Vigilus book there was the Reiver sergeant riding in a Valkyrie. That was clearly a product of the writers imagination. But this time around we've seen so many easter eggs, teases, foreshadowing. Blurred miniscule figures on the cover of the Urban Conquest teasing venomcrawlers. I doubt they would lead the WarCon short stories out. So here is hoping to something that wasn't shone yet in it's entirety..

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,065 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I honestly feel like everything with this release has meant something....hype level 10000000 and 1

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Hype is building. 

GW seems to have really 'refined' the daemon engine aesthetic since the release of the Helldrake and Fiends. Spiderbot is a must buy. 

I still like the Heldrake and Dinobots better but the Spiderbot looks great too! It's a great time to be a chaos player again this year. :D

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,342 posts

I still like the Heldrake and Dinobots better 

What planet are you from? tongue.png

msn-wink.gif

Edited by Reinhard, 28 February 2019 - 06:23 PM.

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I mean I wanna get hype as much as the next guy but who's to say those aren't references to Forge Fiends and Mauler Fiends?

• Magpie Knight likes this

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts

Hype is building. 

GW seems to have really 'refined' the daemon engine aesthetic since the release of the Helldrake and Fiends. Spiderbot is a must buy. 

I still like the Heldrake and Dinobots better but the Spiderbot looks great too! It's a great time to be a chaos player again this year. biggrin.png

+1 To this and that is a wonderful that about the range of models including the helbrute.  They are all created holding similar design guidelines keeping a unified identity but with enough variation to the theme spider, dino, etc they can interest a range of people.  

I can't wait for the day when all the Loyalist equivalents are replaced with warp tainted or Dark Mechanicus themed vehicles so the brand is distinct from just "bad spiky marines".  But that day is a long way off.   

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 910 posts
  • Faction: Stonebreakers

Hype is building.

I still like the Heldrake and Dinobots better but the Spiderbot looks great too! It's a great time to be a chaos player again this year. :D

I have grown to like the dinobots, but the heldrake? That's been a horrible idea for a model in my opinion. Thankfully though it can be converted easily enough.

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,679 posts

I still like the Heldrake and Dinobots better

What planet are you from? tongue.png

msn-wink.gif

Cybertron, obviously.
  • mithrilforge, jeremy1391, FlamingDeth and 4 others like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

I have grown to like the dinobots, but the heldrake? That's been a horrible idea for a model in my opinion. Thankfully though it can be converted easily enough.

It may just be me, but the moment you get rid of the back legs it looks a hell of a lot better. It just looks like a dragon that's lost its lower half, instead of a dragon with tiny little stubby legs.

That or giving it proper legs.

• Bryan Blaire likes this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,169 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

i haven't got one ...yet sweat.gif  but i kinda like the Heldrake ...

and in asking about the Defiler being Old school now,has anyone tried to put the "easy build" blight hauler body onto a defiler undercarriage?... ermm.gif 

all this new Chaos stuff is very cool,i will be getting some of this chaos release for sure wub.gif 

Mithril 

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,870 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Oooohhhhh, what if this leg is part of a Chaos daemon-forged upgrade kit? Defiler, Rhino, Ad Mech, etc.

Yeah, probably too far-fetched...
  • Triszin likes this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,893 posts

Oooohhhhh, what if this leg is part of a Chaos daemon-forged upgrade kit? Defiler, Rhino, Ad Mech, etc.

Yeah, probably too far-fetched...

or the leg part of a deamon forge terrain?

• Bryan Blaire likes this
banana

Mekhitar

Mekhitar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts
  • Faction: Ashen Wing, Mercurial Legion
I adore all the daemon engines - my love story begins with the defiler and the drake - so the idea that GW is going all in on the daemon engine / daemon kin thing Is the best thing I have heard all year!

Edited by Mekhitar, 01 March 2019 - 01:41 AM.

• Sonoftherubric21 likes this

Do you hear the people sing?

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 972 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Same here! I really want to do a possessed/engine army!
  • mithrilforge likes this
Imperial Guard - Elysians and Krieg --- Knight House Hartwick --- Watch Company Cygnus
sDn55VZ.png

Lord Castellan of the Mighty Astra Militarum (Until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

My desire to use these possessed depends entirely on their data sheet sad.png. That being said I'll probably still paint up the ones that come in Shadow Spear, if they turn out bad.

Edited by Aztek, 01 March 2019 - 04:17 AM.

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,252 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone

I've been using them from the start of the edition! Now let's see if GW will mess up again and give them Daemon faction keyword, let me have actual fun for a few weeks,,,

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts

If you had said that when the 5th ed codex dropped, people would have looked at you funny teehee.gif

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,183 posts

Add me to the list gents! 

I am most definitely a fan of all of the engines, the Dinobots, the Defiler, and the new venomcrawler. 

If it looks evil, stampy, spikey, and daemony.....I consider it a daemon engine worthy of Chaos...uniformity is for those imperialist dogs msn-wink.gif

I will also be doing a possessed/engine army ASSUMING that these "greater possessed" are in fact worthy of the title! 

Edited by Sonoftherubric21, 01 March 2019 - 07:50 AM.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

40kLordDiscordant-Mar13-LordDiscordant3h

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users