Relics of the Armoury Painting Event

WarriorFish

gallery_30308_9518_2991.png

As the flames of war engulf the galaxy in scales not seen in generations, ancient and forgotten relics are returned to the battlefield to wreak terrible destruction upon His foes; the years of neglect made manifest in their fury as xenos and traitor alike are taught a harsh reminder of the might of the Imperium of old.

Introduction
Don't we all have some models somewhere left unfinished, and gathering dust? Projects stalled, or miniatures abandoned by the dread hand of GW's rules..? It is time to correct these injustices, and return these forgotten models to active duty!

Relics of the Armoury Participation
The goal of this event is to give old Guard models the love they deserve, so anything Guard (GW or FW, counts as etc and within the B&C's rules of course) is eligible to vow. Any stage of completion, from still in the box to part assembled or even mostly painted - the aim is to get models finished that have languished for whatever reason. This even includes non-legal units, so it could be a few lasgun troopers or that sniper Veteran you forgot about; as long as it's a Guard unit it counts. If you're unsure consult your nearest friendly neighbourhood commissar for assistance before vowing.

Event Period
Relics of the Armoury runs from now until the 31st of May, by the B&C's clock i.e. any completion post time up to and including the 31st of May.

Pledging to the Event
Make your vow in any way you wish, at any point during the event, to this topic with a WIP starting picture. You may add models to it at any time also, just be sure to let the commissariat know when you do.

If you wish you can denote your pledge with a participation badge in your sig:

gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

[url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/354210-relics-of-the-armoury-painting-event/][img=http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9518/gallery_30308_9518_8251.png][/url]

Successfully Completing
A successful vow is one that has all of your vowed models declared completed with an associated picture by the deadline, and will earn you a new signature award image!

Failing Your Vow
If you fail to complete your vow you will shame yourself and your regiment before your peers, and the commissariat will be very disappointed. For a particularly egregious failure a missive may be written to your parents detailing your poor performance and the consequences thereof.

Any questions let us know, otherwise make your vow soldier!

Vows

lionofjudah

4 dracosan - Complete

1 infernus- Complete

1 valdor- Complete

1 carnodon - Complete

Wassa

The Oddjobs (4 Guardsmen, 1 Commander) - Complete
The Forgotten (4 Guardsmen, 1 Sgt, 1 Commander, 4 Manticore missiles)
The Lonely Walker (Sentinel, weapons) - Complete
The Guilty Squad (Infantry Squad)
The Birdie (Valkyrie)
The Faithful Battle Tank (Leman Russ) - Complete

Ubique
12x Scions

GuardDaddy
Rough Riders - Complete

10/03/2019 addition

2 Company Commanders - 1 Complete

jaxom
10 Veterans - Complete

marcusc - WIP needed
Faithful Battle Tank

Focslain

Stormlord - Complete

08/04/2019 addition

4 sergeants

Mortar HWT

robofish7591

Infantry Squad - Complete

Platoon Commander- Complete

WarriorFish

Lascannon HWT - Complete

Autocannon HWT - Complete

01/04/2019 addition

The Sergeant Major - Complete

sairence

Marauder Destroyer

The Black Guard

Leman Russ Punisher

CommissarZac
Leman Russ Vanquisher "Inglorious Wrath" - Complete

11/03/2019 addition

Sentinel "Serious S.A.M." - Complete

Captain Caine 24th
Basilisk "Regicide"

Basilisk "Genocide"

Bro Castiel

Company Commander - Complete

ScionOfCorlesia

Valkyrie - Complete

duz_

30 "Conscripts"

CaptainDangerous

3x Infantry Squad - Complete

2x cheeky chappies - Complete

Nostromo

Basilisk - Complete

Macharius Vulcan- Complete

Punisher- Complete

Morvani Highlander

Armoured Fist squad

Edited by WarriorFish
Vows updated

Would Brood Brothers (i.e. infected GSC Guardsmen) be eligibile in this event?

'Brood Brothers'? You mean loyal Guardsmen hailing from a planet which gives their skin a slightly purple pigmentation and defined wrinkes, but is otherwise within the acceptable range of human divergence? 

Fear not comrades, the commissariat has extra shiny boots - all the better to kick you with :wink: Even if it's only a single lonesome model I'm sure we all have a Guard mini somewhere well overdue some paint. I'll be grabbing a couple of (literally...) dusty HWTs to make my vow this week, and I have plans to follow them up with a few more models that haven't seen attention in far too long :tongue.:

Could be anything; old as in an old sculpt, or an old model of your collection. You're the one who decides what constitutes a Guard model that deserves more love than you have given it :wink:

That's nearly my whole collection :sweat: . Now I need to decide what to start with

I just traded all kinds of stuff for a solar auxilia army... 2/3 of it arrived yesterday and it’s all armor... Heresy armor for the OG guardsman at that!

Many relics from the dark age of technology and these 30k stc void hardened armored fighting vehicles are begging to be placed in their cohort colors.

This is right on time :)

I vow to complete 3 dracosan transports and 1 infernus

With my starting pledge (I hope there'll be more) I'm aiming to complete my half-finished pieces of work which I've been playing with as they're "tabletop acceptable) and I've been ignoring them in favour of building more interesting pieces.

This isn't ideal as some pieces are starting to show wear with them being squished into the foam cases without a varnish coating and so I want to get them finished and protected, rather than paint brand new models (which was my original plan, which again highlights my problem :happy.: ).

So without further ado here are my pledges:

The Oddjobs

They look almost complete, but each one has something small missing, which oddly means they've been "good enough to leave...", well no more!

Requires: Basing, missed camo on sleeves, shoulder decals, emblems, details on weapons.

http://i.imgur.com/jFUdw2Ul.jpg

The Forgotten

These are plasma special weapons models which I've started, did a bit of, but then moved onto other things. Theres also 4 Manticore Missiles, of which I've painted one to a decent enough standard to replicate to the others.

Requires: Paint the men, Paint the missiles.

http://i.imgur.com/qN5V8h3l.jpg

The Lonely Walker 

I started this Sentinel as I like to play with them in beginner games to give them a chance instead of bringing 2 Tanks and the Loyal32. 

Though as first turn deep strike became a non issue it's fallen out of my priority list.

Requires: Recess shading, drybrushing highlights, and detail. I'll at least paint the flamer, maybe the others weapons if I have time.

http://i.imgur.com/9I4gSail.jpg

The Guilty Squad

I think I started to paint this squad before the thought of painting an ever growing number of squads started to overwhelm me.

As I only have 2 painted squads I thought that I better get a move on and at least paint another.

Requires: Motivation to get a move on.

http://i.imgur.com/cdXSVl3l.jpg

The Birdie

After I became more confident with my camo techniques, I wanted to paint something big and impressive. After I did the camo job, I realised it's big and requires a lot of effort, and so it's been ignored, and slowly getting roughed up in the carry case.

Requires: Recess shading, drybrushing highlights, detail, decals, 2 pilots to be painted, and the cockpit to be added. I'll at least paint the MRP and multi laser.

http://i.imgur.com/NbhfrlIl.jpg

The Faithful Battle Tank

This honourable Leman Russ has been with me in 99% of my games and I am determined to show it some love with a proper paint job.

With it usually armed with the Hammer of Sunderance, I'll give it something special (maybe via decals) to stand out from the others.

Also included is a small munitions stockpile which it's fellow brothers have thrown in to be painted "while you're at it".

Requires: Camo base, shading, drybrushing, detail, decals.

http://i.imgur.com/mDJCV6Pl.jpg

Ironically the missus had a go at me for not painting and instead procrastinating by taking these photos and writing this post :rolleyes: .

With my starting pledge (I hope there'll be more) I'm aiming to complete my half-finished pieces of work which I've been playing with as they're "tabletop acceptable) and I've been ignoring them in favour of building more interesting pieces.

This isn't ideal as some pieces are starting to show wear with them being squished into the foam cases without a varnish coating and so I want to get them finished and protected, rather than paint brand new models (which was my original plan, which again highlights my problem ^_^ ).

So without further ado here are my pledges:

The Oddjobs

They look almost complete, but each one has something small missing, which oddly means they've been "good enough to leave...", well no more!

Requires: Basing, missed camo on sleeves, shoulder decals, emblems, details on weapons.

http://i.imgur.com/jFUdw2Ul.jpg

The Forgotten

These are plasma special weapons models which I've started, did a bit of, but then moved onto other things. Theres also 4 Manticore Missiles, of which I've painted one to a decent enough standard to replicate to the others.

Requires: Paint the men, Paint the missiles.

http://i.imgur.com/qN5V8h3l.jpg

The Lonely Walker

I started this Sentinel as I like to play with them in beginner games to give them a chance instead of bringing 2 Tanks and the Loyal32.

Though as first turn deep strike became a non issue it's fallen out of my priority list.

Requires: Recess shading, drybrushing highlights, and detail. I'll at least paint the flamer, maybe the others weapons if I have time.

http://i.imgur.com/9I4gSail.jpg

The Guilty Squad

I think I started to paint this squad before the thought of painting an ever growing number of squads started to overwhelm me.

As I only have 2 painted squads I thought that I better get a move on and at least paint another.

Requires: Motivation to get a move on.

http://i.imgur.com/cdXSVl3l.jpg

The Birdie

After I became more confident with my camo techniques, I wanted to paint something big and impressive. After I did the camo job, I realised it's big and requires a lot of effort, and so it's been ignored, and slowly getting roughed up in the carry case.

Requires: Recess shading, drybrushing highlights, detail, decals, 2 pilots to be painted, and the cockpit to be added. I'll at least paint the MRP and multi laser.

http://i.imgur.com/NbhfrlIl.jpg

The Faithful Battle Tank

This honourable Leman Russ has been with me in 99% of my games and I am determined to show it some love with a proper paint job.

With it usually armed with the Hammer of Sunderance, I'll give it something special (maybe via decals) to stand out from the others.

Also included is a small munitions stockpile which it's fellow brothers have thrown in to be painted "while you're at it".

Requires: Camo base, shading, drybrushing, detail, decals.

http://i.imgur.com/mDJCV6Pl.jpg

Ironically the missus had a go at me for not painting and instead procrastinating by taking these photos and writing this post :rolleyes: .

I really like that color combination you've got going for your camo. What colours have you used? Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

Thanks!

The men have:

Deathworld Forest base, with Abaddon Black, Cailiban Green, Zandri Dust, and Mournfang Brown dashes, then the whole camo is washed with 2 coats of Anthonian Camoshad to blend it.

The vehicles have:

Abaddon Black, Ogryn Camo, Caliban Green, Elysian Green. Recessed with Coelia Greenshade and drybrushed with Underhive Ash.

Vows are recorded here comrades, shout if there's anything amiss :thumbsup:

I mean...I bought a Marauder Destroyer last year that hasn't seen any work...but I'm not sure I'll have spare time during March. :tongue.:

Fortunately you have April and May too :P

Don't make me open the box WarriorFish, the ghosts of editions past have become vengeful in their banishment...

Looks like you've already opened the box to me... :laugh.:

Don't make me open the box WarriorFish, the ghosts of editions past have become vengeful in their banishment...

Looks like you've already opened the box to me... :lol:
There’s a big difference between literally and figuratively WF - a difference that consists of hundreds of soul-destroying hours spent batch-painting old metal minis! :p

-Ran

+++Incoming Transmission+++

+++Classification – Romeo Echo+++

+From – Prefect Dux Patrik Doucat+

+To – Abbott Ramius Wojtek+

+++Subject – Recruitment of Strikeforce for Exactores Solar+++

Greetings Ramius, I hope all is well with you at Schola Progenium Arcadia, I write to you with an opportunity for some of your Progena.

As you may have heard, I have transferred from the Commissariat to take up my families ancestral holdings within Segmentum Solar. You may remember from our time at the Schola that my immediate family perished in a Xenos pirate raid en route to Necromunda. What neither of us had known, as I was both too young and busy receiving corporal punishment and mental reconditioning (the good old days), was that my father was heir to a Ducal seat within the Adeptus Administratum. In the last years, with the increasing violence across our great Imperium, it would appear my entire extended family have also met untimely deaths. A stray las round while hunting here, a poisoned (and illegal) pleasure narcotic there and suddenly I am the last remaining Doucat. The Commissariat, in their wisdom, has seen fit to allow me to transfer from frontline service in the Emperor’s wars and take up my birthright; I am now a Prefect Dux within the Adeptus Administrative. Shocking, I know; it is a long way from sleeping on the ground in our cell in Arcadia. With this new position comes with a return of my family’s estate on Terra, holdings on Vorlese and Durant III,  and merchant fleets on Necromunda; sadly, many of these once mighty pillars of the Doucat name have fell into disrepair through the avarice and mismanagement of my family. It is my intention to restore my house to the heights that it once was; that is where you and Arcadia come in.

With privilege, comes responsibility. My role within the Administratum is with the Exactores Solar; I have been charged with the enforcement of the Imperial Tithe on non-compliant governors within the segmentum. With my duel authority as both a Lord Commissar as well as Prefect Dux of the Administratum, I have the authority to recruit aspiring Adepts from the Schola Progenium and use them in the execution of my duties. Already, I have gathered the majority of a squadron worth of Tempestus Scion veterans, officers, soldiers and equipment, from my last posting on Armageddon. Through threat and motivation, these soldiers have forsaken demobilisation and are now being transferred to Terra where they will be barracked. I will, however, need more soldiers and replacements as I fear, in these dark days, that many governors, kings and tyrants who rule in the Emperor’s name, may forsake their oaths to Terra for greed, power or pleasure.

Ramier, I speak honestly to you. I do not need fanatics or psychotic killers. I need Adepts who will execute their mission cleanly and discretely and then disappear. My goal is not to destroy the planet but to convince, with words or deeds, whoever sits on a world’s throne that they must render unto Terra what is Terra’s.

Long-winded spiel, thank you for bearing with me. I’m redoing the fluff behind my Scion force after a few years away. The gist, as hopefully it is clear above, is that a Lord Commissar has inherited his dead family’s position as a tax collector. Exactores were Roman tax-collectors that could double as agents for the state; that sounds like a good name for a fighting unit in the Grim Dark future. The Exactores Solar are essentially a strikeforce which forcibly collects the tithe from non-compliant planets in, this case, the Segmentum Solar. My concept would see this as an arm of the Administratum who would likely want to use their own muscle to intimidate or replace leadership versus other organizations (Guard, Inquisition, Astartes, Arbites) who may burn down a planet or slaughter a population to send a message…Not good if you just want to make sure the next shipment of protein gruel makes it off-world.

My pledge to the event is to finish the 12x Scions that have been sitting in my basement for the past two years. This will fill out most of the holes that presently exist in the line squads. If this goes well, I have 1x Taurox Prime and 1x Valkyrie that could be added to the pledge…who knows. Also, the good Prefect Dux needs a model which I’m debating buying, the resin Lord Commissar, or converting out of a Scion body, some random head, and the Commissar hat from the newish plastic Commissar.

lzCtacN.jpg?3

53x MT Scions. Organized presently in 6x 10man squads and 2x Comd squads 

u3pU9qj.jpg?1

Plasma squads 1-3 are near complete minus paint on 1x Plasma. Of note, squads are built around 1x Tempestor with Plasma Pistol, 3x Plasma Gunners and 1x HSVG for fire support.

6G7QKRc.jpg?1

Gaps in the 4th Plasma squad (Right) and 2x Melta squads (Left) to be filled with the new troops.

7d6zjPx.jpg?1

Abbott Ramier Wojtek (Ministorium Priest/Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor) with Inferno Pistol

kthQpnW.jpg?1

Yet to be named Prefect Captain (Tempestor Prime). This one has seen some battle damage when collecting a bill.