Relics of the Armoury Painting Event

WarriorFish

I clearly need to turn myself over to the commissar... these new chaos models have been far too distracting!  My plan is to get my vow finished up this week since I have a few days in between quitting my old job and starting my new one.  I'm pretty close, so I think I can pull it off... at least as long as I stay strong and don't get distracted by my shiny new night lords!

I had a thought today that could use some feedback before I start priming. I plan on using these veterans in a mixed Cadian and Tempests force with the Droptroop special detachment. Would it be worth giving them a heavy flamer in addition to the plasma and running them in a valkyrie rather than sitting back with the rest of the gun line?

Depends on what you need. If you're planning on going all in with the forward assault then an extra push for that would help. Alternatively someone to hang back a bit for support is also useful, so it may be a decision from what else your army is made from :)

I had a thought today that could use some feedback before I start priming. I plan on using these veterans in a mixed Cadian and Tempests force with the Droptroop special detachment. Would it be worth giving them a heavy flamer in addition to the plasma and running them in a valkyrie rather than sitting back with the rest of the gun line?

If they're in flamer range I don't think they'll last very long! For Catachans who can follow up with combat yes, for Cadians I'd rather stay back a bit!

Cadian Veterans actually make great objective campers, BS3+ and allowing them to have several special weapons and a heavy weapons team means they can still put out a lot of damage when given Take Aim.

Edited by Wassa

Cadian Veterans actually make great objective campers, BS3+ and allowing them to have several special weapons and a heavy weapons team means they can still put out a lot of damage when given Take Aim.

I'm really happy I asked because I have the terrible habit of forgetting that infantry and veteran squads can take heavy weapons. I organize my process on kits and because the heavy weapon teams are completely separate they slip from my mind. I'm going to build a lascannon for the veterans.

Spray it one colour, add masking/stencils, repeat a few times, then peel it all off (the fun bit).

The masking prevents the next layer of paint from reaching the model and when peeled off it leaves the outline of the mask.

*guard salute*

Newly commissioned Captain Dangerous of the 48 Krablokistan, at your command Sir!

Iv just transferred here from the Segmentum Yaktribus and, with your permission, request to join this damn fine outfit!

SIR!

Iv assembled yellow platoon, green company for inspection, I hope they are to your liking?...

ATTENNTION!

https://yaktribe.games/community/attachments/532af0ff-817c-47a0-8ea1-ce661dcf6114-jpeg.85209/