Relics of the Armoury Painting Event

WarriorFish

I do something similar to lion

Thinned down varnish throw airbrush at about the same psi

I can't imagine doing it by hand :ermm:

As Wassa pointed out there are rattle can options too. Although I've heard they can bring mixed success depending on weather conditions...

Spray cans are great and I recommend shaking the heck out of them to ‘mix’ the contents- check temp and humidity to avoid digging and ALWAYS spray a test piece and let it dry before you spray the model you’ve spent hours or days on so that you don’t get funky effects you don’t want!

What do y’all think of the burnished gold??

gallery_32985_15295_326786.jpeg

Next up for the golds is an edge hilite with gold/ironbreaker then a final one straight ironbreaker.

The gold looks good. VERY good, that is!

But: There are some areas which could use a more carefull blending - but actually i am not sure if it couldn't really look like that on real metal... so maybe just ignore that :-)

And some last progress for this week from me as well:

Oils on the left side of the Macharius

Luckily, i remembered to make a kind of before/after shot. Well, not exactly, but i made a photo of the right side after i was done with the left side.

And as always, the electronic eye reveals things i messed up or forgot that i did not see on the real thing.

But while it can always be better, it looks more or less how i hoped it would.

gallery_20618_14115_27916.jpg

The Tank Commander is almost there, and is sporting a vanquisher cannon to represent the Hammer of Sunderance.

http://i.imgur.com/ArUSxgOl.jpg

Any ideas on how to represent the Hammer relic?

I was debating about putting one of the lightning hammer (axe really) decals on the middle part of the cannon barrel but I'm not sure if it would look weird with the camo. It's fully magnetised so I can swap it to the original Battle Cannon (or even the Eradicator/Exterminator Cannon).

Any ideas on how to represent the Hammer relic?

I was debating about putting one of the lightning hammer (axe really) decals on the middle part of the cannon barrel but I'm not sure if it would look weird with the camo. It's fully magnetised so I can swap it to the original Battle Cannon (or even the Eradicator/Exterminator Cannon).

Since you will need that on the weapon itself...

Maybe a shiny little greebly like an additional Targeter or a few glowing coils on the outside?

Good to see and hear of progress being made, still early in the month though so plenty of time for completions :tu: I'm making some progress of my own slowly but surely:

gallery_30308_10604_61979.jpg

The old arm is now magnetised, along with the new one which is also set for priming :) Third image is proof that the arms are quite interchangeable ;)

Nostromo- your oil work looks great!

Was sa-I’m digging the camo- very predator

Well done robo! Each grunt is unique...70 more to go;)

Your ogryn are coming along commissar:)

I started the decal process this weekend- pretty excited to begin the weathering process this week.

Will post pics later today

Some great stuff in this thread... Wassa I particularly enjoyed watching that tank commander come together! The end result is fantastic. And as an aside, I'm also using a vanquisher turret to represent the hammer of sunderance. Sadly, it's probably their best use at the moment! Anyway, I like the skull decal to differentiate it too. I might appropriate that idea after seeing that it works quite well.

I thought i werde done with the Brown oil... but actually, I forgot large parts of the tracks.

So, oils ALMOST done.

No black oil, I want to get the vow done in time...

Regarding secondary weapons, I am just doing the heavy bolters, HKMs and stubbers. Doing all prepared options would take too long...

(Btw... scratch built like everything else on those tanks)

Next steps:

Metals and tools.

And let‘s see what I can do about the tracks and wheels.

Then experiments with dust and mud... and then i‘m done.

A few family shots:

gallery_20618_14115_38533.jpg

gallery_20618_14115_34062.jpg

... and one more with the Leman Russ re-equipped to work as a chimera:

gallery_20618_14115_28348.jpg

Good to see progress being made, don't forget that we're in the run down comrades - Relics of the Armoury ends when the month does! Be sure to marshal your time effectively, as I have - time will be short for the rest of this month so I have ensured I completed this weekend! :biggrin.:

gallery_30308_10604_20504.jpg

I'm looking forward to next game with my Bullgryns in, now they can be taken into battle by their proper leader :thumbsup:

It's been raining almost all week so I just got stuff primed. However, a conversation elsewhere about guard options reminded me that I couldn't slap a lasgun on the sergeant and but that weapon teams got lasguns, too. So I converted a human scale boltgun from an old rhino:

Jgsqhyul.jpg

I'll definitely be finishing the vow, but there's a reason I stayed humble with one squad :happy.:

Now I suffer from a double-bind...

I want the best possible result I can produce.

Now, I am positive that I can finish what I planned to do.

But now I have a few additional ideas which i can‘t finish in time.

Just to avoid getting named „cheater“ afterwards (and instead now immediately)...

I will give notice when I have finished the steps I planned to do.

However, I can’t say without lying that they would be finished then.

No doubt... the Guard was not meant for players or hobbyists like me :)

At that pace, the first 1.000 points will be finished by mid 2.022.

Oh, i wrote „finished“...

Or maybe it was. Doesn‘t it require a certain stubbornness in the face of certain failure?

That hill will be taken. Our flag will fly over it in glory. No matter the toll of blood it will cost, no matter how long it will take. As long as even one of our ranks still breathes, we will fight.

This hill will be ours an shall be an eternal monument for our valor.

This hill will be ours.

And now ready your brush and swipe away anything that stands in our way.