Relics of the Armoury Painting Event

WarriorFish

It's not a strict competition - if you want to finish a model but return to it later for new ideas or additions etc that's no problem. After all, what you originally planned to do still counts as finished for when you made the vow right? :)

The deadline is as immoveable as the commissariat though, so I hope everyone with outstanding vows is working hard ;)

Hrm...

that did not turn out the way i hoped for.

gallery_20618_14115_20386.jpg

i do not totally give up on pigments... but that is too much of a mix of "improvement" and "mess-up".

So, pigments are out for the moment - i will need to experiment with alternative techniques with those.

For the pledge, that plan is cancelled.

However, pigments (on the Chimera) are not all i did in the meantime.

The weapons received a few more washes and are done (Stubber, HKM and bolter as examples on the photo).

More washes on the wheels and tracks, those will need a few more, but they won't torn out as dirty as i intended.

Tools, grips and stowage got finished... sufficient, i would say.

Several edged on the Chimera/LR already received a treatment with graphite. Subtle, but effective.

So... last mile.

I have a bit of a conundrum. My line troopers are grey-and-blue so originally I was going to go with a metal and blue lacquer look for the veteran's flak armor. Suffice to say that did not come out well and I tried two other versions:

W3LDwK5l.jpg

Any opinions towards either? The sashes will be red and the heads (skitarii vanguard) will be the same as the flak armor.

@jaxom: Still waiting for opinions?

Take the burnished design - this time on the right.

@all:

Theoretically, I am done with my tanks. And actually already since Friday.

Now all I need is

a) enough time

b) sufficiant light conditions for photos

The photos I took on friday went straight to trash. However... plenty of time until end of May.

Done is done, the photo quality isn't important (look to mine for proof :lol: ) - so if the light doesn't play slap up any picture to complete. You can always return later with better ones :)

Next week will be the final count down, so let's see some last minute heroics the Guard is known for! :D

So, i'm calling them done.

#2 - Armageddon Utgard pattern Basilisk Hammer

gallery_20618_14115_73606.jpg

gallery_20618_14115_29489.jpg

gallery_20618_14115_1156.jpg

This here with an early WIP shot of the second test for infantry. Still not what i want... needs to get greener and the off-white maabe more grey... hmm...

But, not part of the pledge :smile.:

Chimera loadout of #1:

gallery_20618_14115_49051.jpg

gallery_20618_14115_32005.jpg

Hm, maybe i will call that chassis K Edited by Nostromo

"There were thirty of us in the Whiteshields the day the Despoiler came. Seventeen of us survived to meet the Saint. Twelve of us made it off planet with the Inquisitor and his picks from the creches. Two of us are now filling dead men's carapace in the Kasrkin. Ten's enough for what guardsmen do best: stand the line and die fighting."

AYAR4ghl.jpg

xKEN7Vjm.jpg?1   K1MPQjGm.jpg

RC2UaRvl.jpg?1

I'm not sure how much time I'll have this week to finish my Marauder. :(

I'm happy with the progress I've made for this vow, especially considering how much has been going on for me the past few weeks and I will finish this beauty for sure. At this point, most of the parts apart from the rear section are more or less done with painting, though there's still a lot of details to do, and the various parts still need to be glued together. Emperor willing I'll find some more time before the end of the week to get some of it done.

Edited by sairence

... o.O

That is about the effect I wanted to achieve with the pigments.

Very good...!

Hey brother... for the pigments I used a soft brush about the width of tracks, gathered pigments by dipping the tip of bristles in pot, dusting them on the tracks and tank body, used a size 2 brush to apply thinner- not copious amounts but enough to run into the cracks and crevices and let it dry.