1500 point necron list reports

Halfpint100

Hey all. Got a solid 1500 (well 1498) point list that I used last week and will be using tonight, so thought I should write up the reports.

the list:

All Sautek

Orikan the Diviner

Overlord, Voidblade, res orb (warlord, immortal pride)

10 tesla immortals

5 gauss immortals

14 warriors

15 warriors

Doomsday ark

Lord, hyperphase sword, veil of darkness

6 destoyers

3 tomb blades, guass, shieldvanes

3 tomb blades, gauss, shieldvanes

Game 1 (vs the custodes): 

The four pillars (2018 chapter approved, got to hold 4 objectives for points each turn, warlord, first strike, linebreaker and kill more per turn) vs a very mobile custodes list (2 shieldcaptains on bikes, 3 bikes with hurricane bolters, 3 bikes with the rockets, 3x3 man squads of the forgeworld bird things (1 unit glaives, 2 units pistols).  

This was a massacre on both sides, highlights include my turn 1 (I gave the custodes turn 1 to let them get in range) my 6 destroyers wiping out the 3 hurricane bolter bikes thanks to the stratagem (though they got wiped out on his turn 2 in retaliation). The doomsday ark also nuked the 3 glaive bird guys turn 1 with a lucky roll. 

The game finished turn 7 with the score being 17-10 to me, the survivors were: my lord (who "bravely" teleported to get one of the pillars turn 5 with 5 immortals), 1 bird custodes on 2 wounds and his warlord on 4 wounds (that blasted 3++ bike relic!!). Each turn was a slug, models dropping left right and center, my doomsday was the survivor of the match, surviving till turn 6 (thank you living metal!), though it did only fire 13 big gun shots over the 6 turns and 6 of those were turn 1! typical, i would much prefer 2d3 over 1d6. 

Orikan was so useful giving a 5++ army wide, including close combat. I would have probably lost without him keeping my units alive when the custodes charged. Plus we went Uber mode turn 2 and thwacked 2 birdmen to death. 

The game tonight should have more detail (since it wont be a week ago).  

Game 2, 1500 points of eternal war mission 6 from chapter approved (forgot the name). one where there are 3 objectives, 1 in each deployment and 1 in the centre.  

I took the same list above, opponent was crimson fists and scions:

Pedro Kantor 

2 x primaris LTs 

1 x primaris banner (3+ shoot back relic) This was painful to fight against

6 x 5 intersessors 

5 hellblasters

2 x dev squads, 2 las, 1 missile, 1 heavy bolter per squad.

(this was all castled up around his objective)

2 x tempestor primes

4 x scions with 2 plasma and 1 plasma pistol per squad.

I lost this one on points (think it would have been 13-15 on turn 5 where we ended). All my units performed well, I just could not deal with the volume of bolt rifle rounds hitting on 2s (crimson fists get +1 to hit if targeting bigger units that their own), re-rolling to hit, wounding on 4s, re-rolling 1s. -1 ap. It was a brutal combination.

I got turn 1, destroyers moved up and nuked the 5 hellblasters and 1 squad of destroyers, return banner fire killed 3 destroyers, on his turn, i lost the remaining destroyers and the squad of 14 warriors. By turn 5 I was down to 5 gauss immortals running (and failing for linebreaker) and my doomsday ark, he had a lot more left. It was a very tough slog since i the more i killed, the more he killed. The scions came down half in turn 2 (and fluffed) and half in turn 3, and by the end of that, i only had my lord left alive of the character and infantry blob, who preceded to be nuked turn 4.

I am not sure how i could have played that differently, bolt rifle intercessors are now amazing for 17 points with bolter beta rules, considering it is +5 points compared to a tact for +1W, +1A, +6" range and better ap. It was a rough match up for me, but here is to the next game!

No crons next week, my guard are having a game vs nids and of course I will be bringing some assassins to test out the new rules. 

Archived