Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fists Triple Repulsor - 2000pts

Crimson Fists

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Zon

Zon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts

Hey all. Want to nail down a list for a casual tourney over spring break (2 weeks out). Decided to run codex as a refresher from BA, which I normally play. Took a page from neonmole's book for this one, fairly straightforward but still want to run it by you guys.

Battalion - Crimson Fists - +5 CP

"Captain Falcon" - Cap on bike - fist, shield, Fist of Vengeance (Warlord: Refuse to Die/Iron Resolve/Tenacious)

Primaris Librarian - sword, bolt pistol (Smite, Might, Veil)

Primaris Lieutenant - MC auto bolt rifle (Field Commander: Expert Instructor)

9x Intercessors - fist, bolt rifles, aux GL

5x Intercessors - bolt rifles, aux GL

5x Intercessors - bolt rifles, aux GL

Repulsor - las-talon, twin las, onslaught, 2x krakstorm, 3x storm bolter

Redemptor - HOG, onslaught, 2x storm bolter, fist

Redemptor - HOG, onslaught, 2x storm bolter, fist

Thunderfire Cannon/Gunner

Assassin

1998 total

8 CP

-1 Operative Requisition Sanctioned

-1 Field Commander

-1 Indomitus Crusaders

-1 Veteran Intercessors

Frankly, not sure if CF are the right chapter tactic to run. I like the relic and warlord trait(s) for Falcon so I went with it. Hopefully there'll be a lot of 10+ man squads for the small intercessor units and redemptors. Las on the repulsors for anti-tank, good horde control with redemptors and thunderfire strat. Captain gets Might and rides around falcon punching things. Might can also go on redemptor or veteran intercessor sergeant as situation demands. Assassin depends on opponent. Probably Eversor most of the time, but I have the options for callidus against alpha strike, vindicare against tau/IG, and culexus against smite spam. Trying to play as many games as possible over the next two weeks to hammer anything out, but let me know if there's suggestions you have off the bat. Thanks all

we_badge_skullchaos.png Formerly Skullchaos with the fun little lambda

THUNDERFISTS

THUNDERFISTS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts

I like it! A couple tweaks from my experience with a similar list would help. I've found the Repulsors love being in a Chapter Master's bubble for full rerolls over all that dakka, especially as they start taking damage. Often I've found that, even when they're hitting on 5's, with a full reroll they still put out some punishment. That would drop your CP to 1 available though, so not advisable unless you change a lot more with the list. Likely having to exchange the Indomitus Crusader detachment for it. I play my Intercessors as objective campers or screens if I have to, and rarely aggressively, so your playstyle may differ enough to warrant the 2+ CP spent on one big squad to do some work.  

Might of Heroes can only go on a single Model btw, so the Intercessors wouldn't benefit a lot more than the Redemptor or the Captain would. Good to keep in your pocket for when that squad gets touched by something nasty though. I'd consider dropping the Primaris Librarian down to a regular old marine version, to shave off a few points. Spend those on a couple Powerswords or extra Frag Launchers on the Repulsors. 

Regarding CF Chapter Tactic, I still like ignoring cover vs. the +1 to hit double unit sizes. My Redemptors and Intercessors usually shoot off the chaffy objective campers, who are usually squatting in a crater/forest. Scout squads, eldar rangers/dark reapers, etc. all taste the fury of 18 S5 -1AP shots in full. That's my meta though, not a lot of hording orks around, so again your experience may be different. 

Zon

Zon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts

Appreciate the input. You make a good point about the chapter master. Right now I have the field commander Lt for double aura buff machine, but the repulsors are likely going to be taking a lot of damage so the full hit rerolls might actually be more valuable. I'll definitely playtest a few of the games swapping the Lt and assassin for Pedro, especially if I feel I'm not getting enough value out of the assassin. That would save me 2 CP too.

I opted for 3 storm bolters because of the beta bolter rules, have fragstorms been more effective in your experience? It was honestly a toss up and I went with storm bolters because the points worked out better. And yes, I meant using Might on just the veteran intercessor sergeant model in emergency situations. Could make a surprise hero play with 5 S10 fist attacks (Baby Captain Falcon!).

I will definitely try out the Imperial fists tactics as well. I suppose I'll have to scrape points for a hammer instead of the fist and I can just use Iron Resolve instead of a CF trait as I was considering it anyway.

Edited by Skullch╬╗os, 28 February 2019 - 09:37 PM.

we_badge_skullchaos.png Formerly Skullchaos with the fun little lambda

THUNDERFISTS

THUNDERFISTS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts

I opted for 3 storm bolters because of the beta bolter rules, have fragstorms been more effective in your experience? It was honestly a toss up and I went with storm bolters because the points worked out better. And yes, I meant using Might on just the veteran intercessor sergeant model in emergency situations. Could make a surprise hero play with 5 S10 fist attacks (Baby Captain Falcon!).

Oh no, definitely bring the three Stormbolters. With the Beta Bolter rules they are definitely better than Fragstorm. I meant adding the additional two Fragstorm instead of the smoke launchers, for just that extra bit of dakka msn-wink.gif

Have fun! I've really fallen in love with the triple Repulsors and double Redemptors, in fact I don't think I've lost yet (5-0 maybe?) but also haven't played it in any tournaments yet so the true test hasn't been undertaken. 

• Zon likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crimson Fists

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users