I need the truth about the Gmen

CptSlambo

Here's my 2 cents. 

GK are going to be exempt from the deepstrike beta rule. The reasoning will be that a small model count army is going to have to be mobile and hit hard while they can. This will help with that. It will also help make GK stand out more and perhaps make them an interesting choice for other armies. 

GK are going to get an extra or reworked army wide rule. Super vague, but they do need a little something extra. My thoughts would be that they should have something akin to what Custodes get with their army wide rule, like their +1 to invuln special rule that they have or their 6+ FNP against mortal wounds in the psychic phase. 

Possible further point reductions. Self explanatory! 

It's still a beta rule, therefore, it's still being tested. 

On top of that, the Tactical Reserve beta rule had been reworked for the September FAQ.

Used to be that you could deepstrike in your deployment zone turn 1, can't do that with the new one. 

Used to be "half" your army, but what "half" meant was not clarified. Now it is half the point value of your army can be set up in reserves. 

This means that pretty much almost all their data and testing points since Spring of 2018 are null and void. 

So they now have exactly what they are asking for (half points rather than, say, half your army in terms of units), and no more coming in to your deployment zone from reserves. 

It's still probably a long shot, but I would think it would be a reasonable adjustment. 

Absolutely everything in the GK codex is over costed unfortunately. If you head over to Amicus you'll see the current thread where the consensus on codexes is that there are 4 tiers: Top, middle, bottom and then GK. It actually feels like now that our codex wasn't written with 8th in mind and was more of an 'Index+1'. 

Realistically, you could ask your opponent what faction he is bringing, tell them to create an average TAC list from their codex and then min-max your own GK list against this and you'd still be unfavoured heading into the game. That's the condition we're in right now.

As allies, a GK supreme command detachment is exceptionally good, perhaps even up there with a custodes 3 shield captain supreme command, but every other detachment is useless as the army you're allying into can most likely fulfil that need themselves anyway.

As Gnomeo has said above, the only redeeming factor we have right now is that if you play against someone you haven't played before they most likely have never played GK much at all this meta so they wouldn't be too knowledgable of your list/abilities. You most likely won't beat them 

nm.  

Archived