Alternative Tech-Priest Ideas/ Builds?

I think you could get away with space marine legs and torso, then add various servitor bits and head. Styrene rod and sheet can make a servo arm. Green stuff can make a tabbard. Dark angels might have have a hooded head. I think Anvil Industry makes a techmarine backpack that would work fine, if  you wanted to buy 3rd party bits. Otherwise you could probably hit up Ebay bits sellers and totally kitbash the whole model (admittedly not likely super cheap).

The "Rusty 17" usually means 2 Tech Priest Enginseers and 3x5 Skitarii Rangers. Note that Enginseers and Tech Priest Dominus are very different units with different base sizes, so they won't work as stand-ins for each other outside of casual games with flexible opponents.

Basically no the dominus is quite a big boy..

I'd kitbash a skitarii and a data smith, loads of people have those used... As no-one uses them and they come with the robots. Or just order a metal one from Gw direct they are about 7 quid. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Imperial-Guard-Techpriest-Enginseer-2

Last I checked, the other option. I've gone for is to use the new gsc lady cult magos and convert my own but... That's going to cost you far more than 7 quid.

Archived