Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Compendium Maleficarum - Isinfier's Workshop (Traitor Guard)

Isinfier Conversion Space Marines Chaos Traitor Guard Renegades and Heretics Lost and the Damned

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,130 posts

zYyRsHa.png

gallery_85228_12197_42059.jpg
Vraksian Enforcer

"The weak will always be led by the strong. Where the strong see purpose and act, the weak follow; where the strong cry out against fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are many who are weak; and many are their temptations. Despise the weak for they shall flock to the call of the Daemon and the Renegade. Pity them not and scorn their cries of innocence - it is better that one hundred innocently fall before the wrath of the Emperor than one kneels before the Daemon.""

- The First Book of Indoctrinations

Overview

I must have been on-off on-off with regards to Warhammer over the years, largely because of the numerous projects that I've started and lacked the motivation to finish. With this in mind, I've decided to start anew. I'll list anything that I am working on, such as the new Cultists I'm prepping for an upcoming Escalation campaign at my local Games Workshop, but I'll avoid setting targets for myself.

This is also the perfect opportunity for me to start playing around with conversion techniques and materials that I don't typically use (such as greenstuff and plasticard)

Ongoing Projects

• Traitor Guard/Cultists.

PamKmYk.jpg

To kick it all off, 1/3rd of one of my Traitor Guard/Cultist squads. I wanted these dudes to stick to the "former IG" aesthetic as much as possible whilst making it clear that they aren't loyalists anymore. To this end I used the GSC Brood Brothers as the base (or the Cadian Shock Troops, I forget which) with some heads from the GSC Upgrade Frame, a Flagellant head, an Orlock head and some arms from the Skitarii Rangers.

I took stock of some spare Space Marine melta bombs that I had lying around and I've been using those to represent gas canisters. Although, the thought of doing a suicidal cultist all strapped up with melta bombs and krak grenades for dealing with enemy armour is enticing now...

dGl9hBi.jpg

An Icon Bearer and two generic Cultists. I wanted to break up the squads a bit, so they weren't just stacked with autoguns and heavy stubbers. The Vox Caster and the Medic seemed like practical additions to the squads as well; I imagine that even the Traitor Guard recognise the need for a well-trained surgeon from time to time, and I like to think that it's a bit of a holdover from their days as loyalists. I used a mixture of bits from the Cadian and Catachan command squads, as well as the icon from a Chaos Chariot. I threw in some leftovers from the GSC Upgrade Frame for good measure as well.

5Q7gIqy.jpg

Last but not least; a Slaaneshi Enforcer that I started way, way back in 2017 and never got around to doing anything with. Now that I'm actually working on my Traitor Guard/Cultists a bit more I feel like it's time to finish this dude off. He was converted up using bits from the Hellstriders of Slaanesh kit and some Neophyte Hybrids.

I'll post some more up a little later this week when I'm ready to show off the rest. I've got some greenstuff/plasticard work to do in the meantime!

• firestorm40k, DuskRaider, Chaplain Dosjetka and 6 others like this

mkbKIlr.png

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,130 posts

And we're back with another few Traitor Guardsmen to add to the army!

1eaaGDd.jpg

Just a few simple mixes again; Cadian Shock Troopers bits, a pair of Flagellant arms, an obligatory Orlock head, Marauder shoulders and the spike off of a helmet, some Space Marine melta bombs and a Bretonnian head. I really like the central dude (he screams badass to me - plus he reminds me of the Dark Vengeance cultists/Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guard) and Heavy Stubber bro (who was actually the first Traitor Guard I put together for this project).

And finally...

Eyzg8xf.jpg

... a burgeoning Nurgle Cultist, converted out of a Rotter from Blood Bowl, a Plaguebearer knife and an Orlock revolver. I'm hoping to do some greenstuff work on this dude (sort of shawl/hood thing around his upper body?) to really drive home the cultist aesthetic. He's more of a one off for now, although I suppose I do need a new Kill Team... whistling.gif

... then again, I did want to look at doing Khorne or Slaanesh for that.

• firestorm40k, Marshal Rohr, DuskRaider and 4 others like this

mkbKIlr.png

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,690 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

I really like that Slaaneshi enforcer, the lash and head are great parts, the Hellstrider kit seems to be a trove of useful components.

The icon bearer really stands out to me as well (as he should!).

• Isinfier likes this

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,418 posts

These look great! What kind of colour scheme are you going for?

• Isinfier likes this

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_45765_12339_44045.pngtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,289 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Very cool models, Isinfier. 

• Isinfier likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,130 posts

I really like that Slaaneshi enforcer, the lash and head are great parts, the Hellstrider kit seems to be a trove of useful components.

The icon bearer really stands out to me as well (as he should!).

I've had that kit for like, forever; alongside stuff like the old WHFB Forsaken (which is amazing for conversion fodder). I really wish I'= had used it sooner!

These look great! What kind of colour scheme are you going for?

I wasn't too sure on the colour scheme initially, however after seeing the new art for the Sons of Sek in the updated version of the Sabbat book coming this December, I think I'll be doing a scheme similar to them.

BLSabbatWorlds-Apr17-SonsOfSek3ujce.jpg

Very cool models, Isinfier.

Cheers dude! \o

Nothing to throw up this week, beyond this little tease...

Kkk2zir.png

Edited by Isinfier, 21 April 2019 - 09:45 AM.

• Astartes Consul likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Hiddenermac

Hiddenermac

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts
  • Faction: Night lords
Good :cuss! Keep it up
"Nothing wrong with having a bit of pride, brother." - xarl

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 724 posts
Very creative conversions! I look forward to seeing more.

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10060.jpgCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jp

Kor Dalron

Kor Dalron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts
  • Faction: Chapter of the Dark Virtue

Really good looking traitor guard models, hope there is an update coming in the near future!

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgL_T_3_2017_Banner.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpg

Give up yourself to the Great Gods in body and of soul, Discard all that does not benefit their Greatness. The first thing to be discarded is the Name. Yourself is nothing to the Gods, and your Name shall be as nothing to You. Only once you have reached Enlightenment shall you reclaim your Name, and yourself. Thus spoke Great Lorgar, and thus it was to Be.

- fourth tenant of the Book of Lorgar

My Chapter of the Dark Virtue Project Log: http://www.bolterand...l= dark virtue

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Isinfier, Conversion, Space Marines, Chaos, Traitor Guard, Renegades and Heretics, Lost and the Damned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users