Gederas' Dark Angels: Paint it Black

Gederas

And since I was able to get some pictures while I was at the GW yesterday, here's a comparison of Primaris Sammael to my regular (and heavy metal) Sammael:
fMFQWZm.jpg

ZpUjgsh.jpg

Additionally, my second ETL vow is now complete with these six models:
ftHrvAl.jpg

Po9IDD6.jpg

szJSxmu.jpg

Now, onto the next one.

Edited by Gederas

Excellent conversion work on that Primaris Sammael!

Thanks! I'm just sad I wasn't able to save his right shoulderpad, because he's got a very unique one. Then again, the other option would be painting the unique heraldry he has onto a regular pad..... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to post it here, but Vow's three and four are finished:
4FXLf45.jpg

Completed:

I, Gederas, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete a Primaris Master of total value 90pts points on or before Sept 1st, 2019.

XhBc5TO.jpg

51H3mLY.jpg

Now I need to figure out what my last vow will be.... :laugh.:

And now:

Okay, going for broke:

I, Gederas, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to the below models for a of total value 596 pts points on or before Sept 1st, 2019.

• Pair of Primaris Lieutenants (Master-Crafted Auto-Bolt Rifles)
  • Knight Warden (Avenger Gatling Cannon. Thunderstrike Gauntlet, Ironstorm Missile Pod, Meltagun)

kcErs3U.jpg

iTzKMHF.jpg

Success will bring me eternal glory for the Lion and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

THE FIRST KNIGHT OF HOUSE DULON SHALL WALK

Edited by Gederas

Got the base coat, along with shade and drybrush highlights, done on the frame Knight Warden (still needs a name) for House Dulon:

bqNOF96.jpg

Now I need to do the details, but the frame is otherwise done. Then it's just the armour plates. No base though, I don't know where my parts for doing Knight bases went :lol:

• 7 months later...

Well, this thread has been too quiet.

The reveal of the Lion's model though.... It's reinvigorated my drive to work on my First.

That and I also found where I misplaced by PopGoesTheMonkey Cataphractii pads and Hellblasters :lol:

GMJQWgH.jpg

Pyj8TRi.jpg

So now I've got some stuff to work on while waiting for quarantine to be over.

Ooo nice, those the shapeways pads?

Edit: disregard, you literally said a post above ago. But yes, those pads look real nice. I’m looking at getting some for my successors

Yes, they are :lol:

In other words, I finished one of the Terminators (barring some Fenrisian Grey highlights):

teivqRM.jpg

I just went thru your whole thread and have to say wow! You have a great army there. The termies look sweet!

Thank you! That means a lot!

Great work! Cool looking squads and those pads are sweet.. I remember there was a phase here (like 10yrs ago) where people were using dreadnought shin plates for terminator shoulder pads.. these guys have that same hulking frame feel.

Thank you! And yeah, I think that was to emulate the Cataphractii terminators in the artwork... And then they go and make them in both resin and later, plastic.

Additionally, got a whole bunch of stuff primed:

8QLUeKD.jpg

rTyyseR.jpg

21 Ravenwing Bikers, 6 Black Knights, a Land Speeder, Ravenwing Champion and Sammael on Sableclaw. The second picture is 10 more Hellblasters. The other 10 have to wait until I get more shoulder pads to prime them.

Just found this thread and your amazing army, really nice conversions combined with a unique take on the Dark Angels color scheme combine to make this a really inspiring read. I am really impressed by your takes on the primaris versions of classic special characters combined with your take on my favorite single line character in the Dark Angels in Helblaster sergeant Grellius. All in all really great stuff so keep on rocking in the Rock ;)

Just found this thread and your amazing army, really nice conversions combined with a unique take on the Dark Angels color scheme combine to make this a really inspiring read. I am really impressed by your takes on the primaris versions of classic special characters combined with your take on my favorite single line character in the Dark Angels in Helblaster sergeant Grellius. All in all really great stuff so keep on rocking in the Rock :wink:

Thanks!

Speaking of conversions, I've started painting Sableclaw today:

CuvbJMZ.jpg

I'm already dreading painting this brick.... :lol:

I understand that. Just take a deep breath and dive in. That's what I've been having to do. On my 3rd week of no working, once I get started painting, I'm good. Post pics soon.

I hear ya there. It's more that I've never painted a Javelin before, and since I'm using it as a kitbash for Sammael, I want it to look good.

In any case, this is what Sableclaw looks like currently:

XZsQGcI.jpg

Need to finish painting Sammael, or mostly finish him, because he needs to be glued in place before I fully attach the front end of the speeder to the back, as he doesn't slot in due to his cape.

Edited by Gederas