Gederas' Dark Angels: Paint it Black

Gederas

He's well-painted. How will you decorate his base?

Like this:

F6PrFnw.jpg

Just need some weathering powders to finish him a bit better than the light drybrush of Ulthuan Grey around his feet. Additionally, Primaris Ancient is done:

U5rE04p.jpg

Just need some highlights on the banner, and also a Transfer icon for the center (and some more Micron pens to do the scroll).

In other news, made my first Forge World order since January :lol:. Got a commander and some Dreadnought support for my Dark Angels:

FHi9hmF.jpg

:wub:

Can't wait to see your work on him :yes:

Hopefully I'll have him finished before Indomitus comes out :lol:

I do need another of the Sector Imperialis - Large Basing kits though to finish his base.

Oh my he's a pretty one!

Thank you kindly!

I also just finished the finishing bits on a Praetor for my Dark Angels. As soon as I saw the Lufgt Huron model from Forge World, I knew I had to turn him into a Dark Angel.

Say "hello" to Gustavus, Legionnaire born of Nordyc, Terra; Praetor I Legion Astartes - Later first Chapter Master of the Northern Lions:

UlrPX7D.jpg

HhIcE9R.jpg
bxFVeqo.jpg
7WYxbbL.jpg

Personally, I think this model would represent him during the Late Heresy-era, with an early prototype of what would go on to become the standard Storm Bolter.

Now I just need the weather to stop being disgustingly hot and humid so I can prime him.... :lol:

Super work - I agree that Huron just screams ‘convert me’. The Lion shoulderpad is just so dark angels

The update to the combo-Bolter is a good touch too

Thanks! And yeah, the combi-bolter is what was needed, definitely.

Lordy, that conversion Gederas - absolutely mint! I don't envy you with trying to get those cables for the flamestorm aggressors though :wink:

Are you painting them for a challenge, or do you have a more practical idea for them in mind?

Thanks! And the aggressors aren't going to be too bad actually. The flamestorm cables are way less annoying to deal with than the Boltstorm ones. :yes:

And nah, just painting them to paint. Might vow them for the 12 months of Hobby event though.

Awesome praetor conversion

Thanks!

And since I got Indomitus today..... Couldn't help myself from getting into converting:

Lieutenant:

YZCItre.jpg

pXlkicF.jpg

Master:

mB0nZlP.jpg

vBnOnYY.jpg

Judiciar:

OOPV9QF.jpg

Assault Intercessors (primed them as soon as I got home as I built them in the shop):

nBCb1Bo.jpg

4lCdPE1.jpg

The most heavily converted Assault Intercessor:

VaLzUO3.jpg

Eradicators:

JwGdgH7.jpg

Outriders (need another set of the Ravenwing Upgrade frame to finish the fairings on the other two bikes):

ayrvPhH.jpg

The Bladeguard and Bladeguard Ancient are built, but am waiting on some Deathwing shoulder pads (I ordered from the Reliquary on Shapeways from our own Ezr91aeL). The Chaplain is also waiting on a head.

Damn Brother Gederas!!!

I barely finished the bikes!!!! (I played a little test game in the afternoon with a buddy though).

Thanks for sharing, those head swaps alone helped me 'get' what those Chaplain models are missing!

I already have the Deathwing storm shields ready, did you just go for a straight arm swap or do the complex Pete the Wargamer 'shoulder pad and arm upgrade route?

I didn't mind the judicar and Chaplain heads but having seen yours! Now they look like Interrogator Chaplains!!!

Thanks for sharing, superb work as always!

(I ought to update my own thread actually, the Son of the Lion are masses in greater numbers than the enemy realises

Damn Brother Gederas!!!

I barely finished the bikes!!!! (I played a little test game in the afternoon with a buddy though).

Thanks for sharing, those head swaps alone helped me 'get' what those Chaplain models are missing!

I already have the Deathwing storm shields ready, did you just go for a straight arm swap or do the complex Pete the Wargamer 'shoulder pad and arm upgrade route?

I didn't mind the judicar and Chaplain heads but having seen yours! Now they look like Interrogator Chaplains!!!

Thanks for sharing, superb work as always!

(I ought to update my own thread actually, the Son of the Lion are masses in greater numbers than the enemy realises )

Looking forward to your brushwork next Brother!

Thanks! And regarding the Bladguard: I went with Pete the Wargamer's arm and shoulder pad swap. One of the Bladguard is more tricky than the other two as his forearm is attached to his shield. So I had to cut it off the shield entirely. Just using the Deathwing arms wouldn't work due to how outright bulky they are, as it'd be very noticeable.

The Lieutenant was the easiest out of all the shield swaps though as all I needed to do was entirely remove the Terminator arm, but leave the handle connection area.

Also: The Bladeguard, Bladeguard Ancient, Lieutenant and Captain all use Gravis or Terminator-sized pauldrons, despite being in Tacticus.

The Chaplain was the outright easiest model to convert: Pop the head off the peg it's attached to so it's not attached to the body when built, swap the Primaris Chaplain head onto him. His left shoulder and Shoulder pad are one piece, so I cut the attachment peg off, made a greenstuff wad and used that and plastic glue to attach the alternate shoulder.

Great conversions Gederas! What a pleasure to read through. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks! Hopefully I can prime the rest of them today or tomorrow, and I can get to painting them. :yes:

Edited by Gederas

They look so good

I love the head and shoulder swaps I much prefer embossed shoulders to transfers. I just don’t know if I’m brave enough to do it.

They look so good

I love the head and shoulder swaps I much prefer embossed shoulders to transfers. I just don’t know if I’m brave enough to do it.

Thanks! And trust me, they're not hard to do. It's just tedious. Clip off a bit at a time and you're good.

In other news: Got some more Plasma to my Pile o Shame :laugh.:

nmOwQ6L.jpg

Edit: Also just got the Bladeguard done as much as I can until the Shapeways order comes in.

Zb1yZ9H.jpg

Edited by Gederas

• 2 weeks later...