Gederas' Heresy Shenanigans

Gederas

Looking good, I like the bronze accents of the binding studs and also the legion numeral. Stops all the silver becoming too bland.

Thanks! There'll be black (using the Black Templar contract paint, I like the result it gives) areas as well as the hazard stripes on spots to give more colour.

Even though it's not 30k, my Iron Warriors Primaris Marines are a good example of how decent amounts of the chevrons can make the "silver, more silver and some black" scheme not look boring:

hXkX5oZ.jpg

Looking really good, as you say, those hazards really break up the metal, the blue optics spice it up too.

Yeah. Along with the black areas, it nicely breaks up all the silver areas

Also: Contemptor-Mortis is finished:

n5hLXG2.jpg

Also, got the Phosphex bombs on the Siege Breaker started:

TG3Jt5Y.jpg

Edit: And a quick mock-up with the Siege Breaker:

2X7HUCJ.jpg

Edited by Gederas

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to the reveal of the Lion, my Dark Angels are now back on the workbench (that and I've also finished my Night Lords as much as I can.... And I can't work on my Iron Warriors now :lol:)

Got 10 Cataphractii primed and ready, with bonus really nice shoulder pads too!

adzy2Xv.jpg
0YcnMDB.jpg

Nice work on the characters, I think that cold blue works really well on the visor/eye lense. The Dark Angels are off to a good start, too, lightning claws look so brutal on those big bulky fellows and those shoulder pads are smashing. Are you going to go for classic black and red, or will you throw in some alternative colours like we've seen from some of the Thramas teasers?

Nice work on the characters, I think that cold blue works really well on the visor/eye lense. The Dark Angels are off to a good start, too, lightning claws look so brutal on those big bulky fellows and those shoulder pads are smashing. Are you going to go for classic black and red, or will you throw in some alternative colours like we've seen from some of the Thramas teasers?

Thanks!

And I'm planning on making the Cataphractii like how they are in this picture:

864b288b138a45c2e08ed77da2817d2c.jpg

So the classic black & red. At least on these ones.

Ah man, the first legion really are tempting me, their colours look excellent, they've got checkerboards and their FW sculpts are simply smashing. Shame I've already got a legion in black armour, or I'd be jumping on the wagon. Looking forward to seeing you tackle them and indeed any more individual patterns you try out in the future.

Ah man, the first legion really are tempting me, their colours look excellent, they've got checkerboards and their FW sculpts are simply smashing. Shame I've already got a legion in black armour, or I'd be jumping on the wagon. Looking forward to seeing you tackle them and indeed any more individual patterns you try out in the future.

Yeah, I'll be working on doing the checkerboards and personal icons later once Book 9 comes out so I can figure out what meaning there is to them, if any.

However, I've finished one of the dual Lightning Claw Cataphractii:

teivqRM.jpg

Yes!

Looking great, those shoulders are pretty cool.

You are pretty Quick with very nice Results

Thanks! I'll probably have the other 9 finished today at work.

That's some rapid painting, though I do think the claws would benefit from either some sort of glow to represent the energy field, or a nice coating of gore.

Thanks. And yeah, I'm going to give the claws a thinned out Talassar Blue (or Aethermatic Blue) to give them the energy field effect.

That was fast!

Good work, Brother!

Thanks!

I've also gotten the other 9 Cataphractii nearly done (silver is all done), just need to do another coat of Rakarth Flesh on the leather strips, then it's highlighting that, finishing the black armour (cleanup and highlights) and the legion symbol.

54WgDZ4.jpg

And just after the clock strikes midnight here on the East Coast of the USA, I have finished both squads of Cataphractii Terminators:
ct0bhbe.jpg

I did indeed go with the Aethermatic Blue on the claws. Gives it a nice, subtle energy field effect. Might go back and do an edge highlight with Baharroth Blue or something

The legion symbols on the shoulders are really striking ands takes these boys from generic Cataphractii in legion colours to very much recognisable Sons of the Lion. Once again, I must say I'm impressed with the speed at which you've cranked these guys out, they look solid! The glaze on the claws worked well, perhaps that extra fine highlight would make them pop that much more, but they still look good as is.

• 2 weeks later...

The legion symbols on the shoulders are really striking ands takes these boys from generic Cataphractii in legion colours to very much recognisable Sons of the Lion. Once again, I must say I'm impressed with the speed at which you've cranked these guys out, they look solid! The glaze on the claws worked well, perhaps that extra fine highlight would make them pop that much more, but they still look good as is.

Thanks! And I've done some touch-up work on the Cataphractii, I'll take pictures when I get them properly based.

Meanwhile I have basic colours blocked in on my ten cataphractii...

Sterling work at great speed

When you have nothing else to do at work, you tend to find things to do.... :laugh.:

Those Dark Angels look nice. 

Thank you kindly!

In other news, my Dark Angels just got another 35 marines on the way... Because I found a NIB copy of Burning of Prospero on Amazon. So of course I ordered it :laugh.:

The question is what to make the 30 Mark IIIs in there.... I'm thinking two regular Tactical Squads? And the other 10 could be turned into a Support Squad maybe?

Edited by Gederas

In other news, my Dark Angels just got another 35 marines on the way... Because I found a NIB copy of Burning of Prospero on Amazon. So of course I ordered it :laugh.:

The question is what to make the 30 Mark IIIs in there.... I'm thinking two regular Tactical Squads? And the other 10 could be turned into a Support Squad maybe?

Yeah.... So about that.

I found Betrayal at Calth for under 300 on Amazon today. So....

I now have another 60 Power Armoured Marines on the way :laugh.:

Anyone got any recommendations for squad types?

Currently built or planned Dark Angels I have:

1. 10-strong Veteran Squad (Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon) [possibly illegal loadout?] (Painted)
  2. 10-strong Veteran Squad  (2 Heavy Bolters, 7 Combi-Plasma, Combi-Grenade+Sword on Sergeant] (Built)
  3. 5 Cataphractii (Lightning Claw+Combi-Bolter, Grenade Harness) (Painted)
  4. 5 Cataphractii (Lightning Clawx2, Grenade Harness) (Painted)
  5. Techmarine (Painted)
  6. Librarian (Sword) (Painted)

I also have a bunch of my 40k models that can pull double-duty, such as my Ravenwing and Deathwing forces

Edited by Gederas

Yeah.... So about that.

So if you've got Prospero and Calth on the way, seems like you could do support squads of plasma, melta and/or heavy bolters? Plasma for 1st Legion, I guess - shame you don't get volkites in those sets!  Can't see a way to get that Plasma Cannon in my red book, but maybe the black book has secrets as yet undiscovered, forbidden powers and dread weapons from plundered vaults among the stars...

Yeah.... So about that.

So if you've got Prospero and Calth on the way, seems like you could do support squads of plasma, melta and/or heavy bolters? Plasma for 1st Legion, I guess - shame you don't get volkites in those sets!  Can't see a way to get that Plasma Cannon in my red book, but maybe the black book has secrets as yet undiscovered, forbidden powers and dread weapons from plundered vaults among the stars...

I was thinking of a Plasma and Melta support squad. I already have one Marine that'll be in a Flamer Support squad (because thematic, and also it's the "Salamander" from the Space Marine Heroes box set). Maybe make one of them a Plasma Repeater support squad?

I'm planning a Volkite squad for when FW re-opens though, definitely.

Seeing as how I've got another 60 Power armoured marines on the way, I'm kind of spoiled for choice :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas