Gederas' Heresy Shenanigans

Gederas

... Seeing as how I've got another 60 Power armoured marines on the way, I'm kind of spoiled for choice :laugh.:

Yes indeed! So if I had that many power-armoured marines on the way, I'd probably buy some shields and make a mk iii breacher squad. Yes I know breachers are not really in favour at the moment, with those who like to talk about the 'meta', but they would look ace for 1st legion, and it's more space for heraldry. Zinge or bitspudlo do some nice-looking ones, others are available.

And then with the mk iv I'd get together my bionic eyes, and buy some third party scopes, maybe box magazines too, and put together some seekers. Anvil Industry have some great scopes and targeters. Maybe take the phobos bolters from the mk iii sprue and give to the mk iv (plus the extra ammo packs), to make them a little more distinctive.  I don't know why seekers aren't more popular: flexible special ammo, scoring, fast attack slot - what's not to like?

... Seeing as how I've got another 60 Power armoured marines on the way, I'm kind of spoiled for choice :laugh.:

Yes indeed! So if I had that many power-armoured marines on the way, I'd probably buy some shields and make a mk iii breacher squad. Yes I know breachers are not really in favour at the moment, with those who like to talk about the 'meta', but they would look ace for 1st legion, and it's more space for heraldry. Zinge or bitspudlo do some nice-looking ones, others are available.

And then with the mk iv I'd get together my bionic eyes, and buy some third party scopes, maybe box magazines too, and put together some seekers. Anvil Industry have some great scopes and targeters. Maybe take the phobos bolters from the mk iii sprue and give to the mk iv (plus the extra ammo packs), to make them a little more distinctive.  I don't know why seekers aren't more popular: flexible special ammo, scoring, fast attack slot - what's not to like?

I'm actually thinking about Breachers, but waiting until Games Workshop is back open to order some of the Mark III Breachers from Forge World (gonna use the PopGoesTheMonkey Dark Angels shields for those)

But making Seekers from one of the squads of Mark IV guys.... That's an interesting idea, I like it! :thumbsup:

I'm actually thinking of using some of my Deathwatch bolters for the Seeker Bolters (seeing as how they're similar in design)

Edit: Turns out, Deathwatch bolters are too short for Mark III/Mark IV marine arms to hold in both hands. Drat, back to the drawing board.

Edited by Gederas

Edit: Turns out, Deathwatch bolters are too short for Mark III/Mark IV marine arms to hold in both hands. Drat, back to the drawing board.

Too short? Maybe that’s what I need for the dark angel model I’m building. I bought a volkite charger but it’s too long. Maybe you could try some of the sternguard bolters? Or do what I did with my Alpha Legion: convert Tigris bolters using the spare magazines from the combi-weapon attachments. I thought the result was ok, but probably not worth the effort - like most of my conversions!

Too short? Maybe that’s what I need for the dark angel model I’m building. I bought a volkite charger but it’s too long. Maybe you could try some of the sternguard bolters? Or do what I did with my Alpha Legion: convert Tigris bolters using the spare magazines from the combi-weapon attachments. I thought the result was ok, but probably not worth the effort - like most of my conversions!

I don't have any Sternguard. I have a friend who's helping me get some 30k stuff. The Seekers are on the lower priority right now.

Buuuuuuuuut, I do have something else now :lol:

qBE5eWK.jpg

So, Burning of Prospero showed up on Saturday and I've been working on some of that. However, a Kromlech order I did with a friend showed up and I've managed to throw together a Siegebreaker consul for my Dark Angels out of spare parts thanks to one of the legs from Kromlech:

kTxwLw7.jpg

Gonna have to wait for Forge World to re-open to get the Nuncio Vox backpack for him though.

I echo @Marshal Vespasian, the head is a really cool piece and a vox shouldn't be too hard to knock up, especially if you have any Guard parts about for extra comms details. Those Kromlech legs are nice too.

• 2 weeks later...

You could always just glue some paperclips as antennas and some fancy Lights to his backpack to make it a nuncio vox if you want to.

All in all very cool model, I love that head!

Thanks!

I echo @Marshal Vespasian, the head is a really cool piece and a vox shouldn't be too hard to knock up, especially if you have any Guard parts about for extra comms details. Those Kromlech legs are nice too.

I was contemplating ordering Nuncio Voxes because I have the Mark IV Nuncio Vox off of the Alpha Legion Praetor a friend bought for me to kitbash into Lord Arkos for his Alpha Legion, but the model is in Mark II/Mark III armour. But then again, Artificer armour can look however so.... :lol:

The golden volkite looks gangsta as :censored: . If I ever get around to doing SoH they will get bling guns lol. Is that a GW head? I don't recognize it. 

It's gold because it's from when I tried to paint Thousand Sons using gold primer and Tamiya Clear Red back in.... Uhh.... When did Burning of Prospero come out? :lol:

And yeah, the head is GW. It's from the Iron Hands Primaris upgrade sprue.

In other news, a PopGoesTheMonkey order I did with a friend showed up on Saturday (after not giving him a notification it shipped at all. This Rona situation is playing hell with shipping it seems :lol:) so five more Cataphactii are on their way to reinforce the Combi-Bolter/Lightning Claw squad:

B3QiFCA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Again your painting speed is amazing.

Those kitbashes were you throw everything you find together in order to get two arms a pair of legs and a head always look super cool because unique. The head is amazing.

Thanks!

The heavy flamer cataphractii is now joined by the other four members of the squad:

P4HapUu.jpg

• 1 month later...

Not dead, just been in a funk. A VERY large order I did with a friend has been severely delayed due to the Covid situation, which had quite a bit of things for my Heresy-era Dark Angels.

But, I did decide on something for my Angels:
FHi9hmF.jpg

Yes, the Huron model is going to be used in my Angels. I'll show the idea when it arrives.

Edited by Gederas

Excited to see how you use Huron, he's a cracking model and one I've been thinking of converting into a Praetor myself, he'll suit the first legion very nicely.

Excited to see how you use Huron, he's a cracking model and one I've been thinking of converting into a Praetor myself, he'll suit the first legion very nicely.

I'll need to order another squad of Deathwing Terminators (need the left-handed Storm Bolter arm) but yeah. I'm excited as well.

No bare head though. My Dark Angels aren't dumb dumbs when it comes to Terminator armour :lol:

Looks incredible. I like the slightly rocked back on its heels pose.

Thanks! I primed it on Sunday, so I should have it painted soon.

Additionally, I just finished the final touches on a Praetor for my Dark Angels. As soon as I saw the Lufgt Huron model from Forge World, I knew I had to turn him into a Dark Angel.

Say "hello" to Gustavus, Legionnaire born of Nordyc, Terra; Praetor I Legion Astartes - Later first Chapter Master of the Northern Lions:

UlrPX7D.jpg

HhIcE9R.jpg
bxFVeqo.jpg
7WYxbbL.jpg

Personally, I think this model would represent him during the Late Heresy-era, with an early prototype of what would go on to become the standard Storm Bolter.

Additionally, I think this will mark the end of this thread, as I am going to be redoing my Horus Heresy log entirely. Expect it Soon though. :yes:

What a cracking model, the Huron sculpt really does have some lovely details. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I'm not a huge fan of the stormbolter, I think perhaps a Tartaros combi-bolter could be a better option? That said, I've never really enjoyed the aesthetic of the stormbolter, so could just be a personal taste thing.

What a cracking model, the Huron sculpt really does have some lovely details. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I'm not a huge fan of the stormbolter, I think perhaps a Tartaros combi-bolter could be a better option? That said, I've never really enjoyed the aesthetic of the stormbolter, so could just be a personal taste thing.

Actually just did that:

M5ji19r.jpg