Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

my start into craftworlds

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

alanbezley

alanbezley

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
  • Faction: ultra marines

i played eldar back in 3rd edition

my friend got out of craftworlds and into tau (why i have no idea)

here is my list of minuatures so far and 95% are new

2. farseers

6. warlocks

2. spiritseerers

1. avatar of khaine

1 fuegan

1. maugan ra

3. guardian squads (1 platform with brightlance, and 2 platforms with shuriken cannons)

1. ranger squad

2 wraithguard squads with wraithcannons

3 vipers with shuriken cannons

5 shining spears

3 warwalkers with twin brightlances each

1 wraithlord with ghostglaive and two starcannons

3 support platforms with d-cannons

2 5 man dark reaper squads

2 wave serpents (1 with twin brightlances, 1 with twin shuriken cannons)

1 hemlock wraith-fighter

1 wraith knight (magnitised for all weapon varients)

now i know that this is a NOOBish question but i am wondering what units i should look at next... i am going with the beil tan craftworld because i like the color scheme. i am a veteran player so i realize that what works well for other people might not work well for me, but i dont have allot of money to experiment with different troop types (have 8 kids) so any suggestions would be appreciated

The Blood Raven

The Blood Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons
I don’t see any dire avengers. Consider 1-2 units, the rest of your troops may be more rangers. I find one squad of rangers isn’t enough, and while I love the concept of dire avengers, they aren’t what they used to be.

I’m not a great player so take what I say appropriately. I find the psychic relic and extra health trait to be pretty good. I try to maximize my shuriken rerolls, so like infantry with those weapons. I’ve had mixed results using banshees to clear chaff and screens for other units to break through.

I suspect the best units of what you have will be reapers, farseers, and shining Spears. You probably have enough for 1,500 point friendly games that aren’t handicapped. After that, I think you should pick up what works best for you.

Edit: welcome to the site!

Edited by The Blood Raven, 04 March 2019 - 12:15 AM.

alanbezley

alanbezley

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

thanks for the advice, i'll have my son pick up a 10 man unit of dire avengers. I am also toying with the idea of a 10 man unit of howling banshees in a wave serpent. Another friend of mine is giving me around 18 harlequins so i might try them in the army for some close combat support

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 647 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

That's a very decent start Alanbezley! I'd recommend playing with lists made from what you have and get a feel for the army. Then you'll have  a better idea what you will need to fit your own playstyle. 

• The Blood Raven and alanbezley like this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

alanbezley

alanbezley

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

i added up the points of the above list and with WYSIWYG, there is 3898 pts. And this weekend i will get the Harlequins, and that will increase the points greatly. i have come to the conclusion that after i get some aspect warrior units, i might as well make a Apocalypse army.

• Montford likes this

The Blood Raven

The Blood Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons
That’s the spirit. I hope you share your work here.

alanbezley

alanbezley

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

I received the harlequins from my friend to boost the craftworld

1. troopmaster

2. shadowseerers

3. 6 man troupes

1. deathjester

1. solitaire

6. skyweavers

3. starweavers

1. gate portal

whats cool is that WYSIWYG everything comes out to about 1700 points so that will be a boost the army. Another friend is hooking me up with a three figure box set with some aldari figures that he hasn't built yet. he gave up on the craftworlds and is rolling tyrinids

sultansean

sultansean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts

Nice, that is a big force.  The sky weavers are considered quite competitive these days. 

For your list I would start with a battalion of a farseer and spirit seer , 20 Guardians with 2 shuriken platforms, 5 rangers and 5-10 Dire Avengers. The Guardians deep striking via the web way stratagem are very good. 

From there everything else you have can be pretty good. So you are just rounding out your force and adding some killing power.  

• alanbezley likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users