Citadel Paint range: old to new

In the process of updating the paint pots, I've discovered a Citadel conversion chart (easily Google-able) which gives modern equivalents for older paints.

However I've read (and actually seen in real life) that not all the colours are equivalent.

With that in mind, I'm looking at replenishing a few colours without having to buy new pots that I'm not sure about. Is anyone able to comment on the accuracy of the below? Or point me in the right direction for non-Citadel equivalents?

Mithril Silver to Runefang Steel: I think this is exactly the same but would love confirmation as it's my primary armour colour

Shining Gold to Gehenna's Gold: Also looks exactly the same but am looking for confirmation

Ice Blue to Lothern Blue, Enchanted Blue to Caledor Sky: I'm given to understand that these aren't quite the same but are very close (in the case of the former) and sort of similar (in the case of the latter)

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Being someone who loved the old Mithril Silver it took me some time to find a silver that covered the same way. Vallejo Model Air Silver (71.063) is the closest I've ever found, personally. Strange thing is, none of the other Vallejo acrylic metallics, including the silvers, are very good I've found. They just take too many coats or the metallic flakes are too large. On the other hand, their alcohol based Liquid Gold range has completely spoiled me when it comes to gold.

Being someone who loved the old Mithril Silver it took me some time to find a silver that covered the same way. Vallejo Model Air Silver (71.063) is the closest I've ever found, personally. Strange thing is, none of the other Vallejo acrylic metallics, including the silvers, are very good I've found. They just take too many coats or the metallic flakes are too large. On the other hand, their alcohol based Liquid Gold range has completely spoiled me when it comes to gold.

You need to to try out this range:

https://acrylicosvallejo.com/en/categoria/hobby/metal-color-en/

The gold paint in this range has a quite dull tone, although very fine metal flakes. Were this range shine is the silvers, the gunmetal, aluminium and chrome is very very good! exptremely small/fine metal flakes, super-smooth and sprays on like a dream with airbrush. The best silver acrylic paint out there that is not alcohol based. IT can be a bit tricky to paint on with paintbrush because of its extrememy low viscosity. Thickening up with some paint retarder (Vallejo's one works fine) makes it easier to handle with paintbrush.

Archived