Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The State of Orks

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,031 posts
  • Faction: Orks, Blood Angels
You can deploy multiple units in Tellyporta, as deployment isn't a phase for the purposes of the matched play "once per phase" restriction on stratagems.

My favorite community is now open to my favorite army. We live in an enlightened age.

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread
(updated: 4/20/19)
ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpgETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15094_4327.png

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,229 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

You can deploy multiple units in Tellyporta, as deployment isn't a phase for the purposes of the matched play "once per phase" restriction on stratagems.

This got me thinking about that list. With 25 cp and what you just posted I wonder how many units were in his porta. Having some many small units in that list. I was thinking he'd spend a turn killing out a unit, taking space then drop a unit on a cleared objective?  Still some match ups would be really bad for that.

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Destroy what you enjoy!

Enjoy what you destroy!

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,229 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

It took me two days but I managed to sit through a battle report featuring one of  the games Nick Nanavati played. He has 218 models and went 5 or 6 rounds in roughly an hour and a half. 
Which was interesting and a way for him to continue hauling in the points for his score. He's had the game won in basically 3 turns. It's interesting because in my mind I always try to stay focused and go for the kill. He was in that leaving a single Eldar character on the table for 2 extra turns for the score. Clever.  
‚ÄčI stick with my initial thoughts of just following players who consistently play Orks at events.  This video also shows me just how differently I have approached playing games, tournaments and my usual games. 
I'd like to see more of these games against other match-ups but haven't looked for them yet.  He had the Eldar 4 to 1 or more in model count so I would have trouble thinking the Orks would not win that match.  What got me is how he economized his turn, moving units but only really shooting with his Lootas mob which would shoot twice doing loads of damage.
Even his assault phases seemed to go quickly but I think that also had to do with his opponent not having many models or options once the Orks were stuck in.

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Destroy what you enjoy!

Enjoy what you destroy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users