Sisters Update from WHC

The floating audio device...part of the Dialogus' revamp, or part of a totally new unit?

I'm quite staggered by how good Some of those pictures look. I'm especially looking forward to find in out who or what goes on the scenic base ^_^

That latst picture....Canoness Jumppack? hopefully?

It's the picture I was referring to. The short passage above it refers to it as an audio device.

It's the picture I was referring to. The short passage above it refers to it as an audio device.

I think It's a floating pulpit in front of a preacher or dialogus.

Notice how there's a platform sloped away from the side with the speaker, and the [trailing parchments/plugs touching a piece of dirt] is a common way for GW to hold up 'floating' pieces. 

not yet, but the article does talk about soliciting opinions about what characters you’d like to see in the release. So, it’s not too late to lobby and lobby hard for our flying nuns back.

GW like doing special character exemplars of squad types, so we might at least be able to get a low level Ur ‘phim even if we can’t get a cannoness with a jump pack.

There is a set of armor with tassets!! (Sorry, medieval geek in me coming out). They are going in depth on the command structure: Palatines returning? Yes please!

not yet, but the article does talk about soliciting opinions about what characters you’d like to see in the release. So, it’s not too late to lobby and lobby hard for our flying nuns back.

GW like doing special character exemplars of squad types, so we might at least be able to get a low level Ur ‘phim even if we can’t get a cannoness with a jump pack.

I am lobbying for a “Reverse Librarian” HQ, who’s faith in the Emperor is so strong she can deny enemy psychic powers.

I would love to see rules for some of the more high ranking leaders of the Sisters honestly, such as Prioresses and maybe even the Abbess herself (If they end up updating some lore about the one who is currently missing, she is from the Ermine Mantle I believe). Palatines, jump pack Canonesses, a Seraphim Superior kind of character and maybe even Canoness Superiors, like veteran Canonesses would all be awesome too though!

Looking at it again... it looks to me like the chest sections of the models will be separate, now will the legs be separate from the back piece?

I think we'll be looking at wapon(s), head, backpack, left arm, right arm, chest, back, legs for 7 -10 pieces per model.

Edited by Slasher956

Looking at it again... it looks to me like the chest sections of the models will be separate, now will the legs be separate from the back piece?

I think we'll be looking at wapon(s), head, backpack, left arm, right arm, chest, back, legs for 7 -10 pieces per model.

If it's like the Geminae, it's going to be a lot of little pieces.

The chest plate that includes the rosary also includes the Inquisitorial =][= , reaffirming the link between sisters and  the Hereticus, and validating my thoughts about the return of the Inquisition in 2019. Perhaps not a dex- perhaps a Kill Team or Blackstone expansion [or both!]. Timing it near or combined with a sisters release would be the slickest marketing I campaign we've seen in a long time.

Also love the fact that this article really hypes Ministorum- makes me suspect that we'll get Redemptionists or Frateris Militia for Ministorum troops. I can't wait. We may start to see some of the cross platform releases after the chaos hype dies down. It'll take a while, because there are going to be a lot of chaos releases.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

I don't think this heralds a return of the Sisters to the Inquisition: the ][ of the Ordo Hereticus (and I think the other two Ordos as well) have three bars, and these have only one.  These are the same icons as the Sisters have always had, even before the Witch Hunter's Codex.

The chest plate that includes the rosary also includes the Inquisitorial =][= , reaffirming the link between sisters and  the Hereticus, and validating my thoughts about the return of the Inquisition in 2019. Perhaps not a dex- perhaps a Kill Team or Blackstone expansion [or both!]. Timing it near or combined with a sisters release would be the slickest marketing I campaign we've seen in a long time.

Also love the fact that this article really hypes Ministorum- makes me suspect that we'll get Redemptionists or Frateris Militia for Ministorum troops. I can't wait. We may start to see some of the cross platform releases after the chaos hype dies down. It'll take a while, because there are going to be a lot of chaos releases.

I get a feeling GW will release Inquisition in a similar matter as the did Assassins (and i wouldnt be suprised to see Ynnari be done in the same way)

The chest plate that includes the rosary also includes the Inquisitorial =][= ,

As others have said... this ISNT an Inquisitorial I but rather the symbol of the Ecclesiarchy (an imperial I with a skull (because 40K!)  set in a 6 pointed start in the middle)

The same as the sisters have had since day 1...

99060108097_BattleSisterFlamer2NEW01.jpg

I never saw it as the sisters not being a Chamber Militant anymore, but they aren’t as closely tied to the Inquisition as the GK and DW which are more or less explicitly part of the Inquisition (especially the Deathwatch), whereas the Sisters are part of the Ministorum and have ties to the Inquisition.

Thanks for the clarification on the ][. 

I hadn't considered that they might do the Inquisition as a White Dwarf dex. I hope they get the Kill Team/ Blackstone/ Codex treatment, but I have to admit, the WD scenario might be a more realistic expectation. Realistically, I'll probably be at least content as long is the Inquisition get a bit of attention. I also think good work on the Ordo Malleus has the potential to really help Grey Knight players, who aren't really happy with the state of their army. If they did it right, it wouldn't feel like soup.

Can't wait for the next update (hoping there will be one).

Well if they keep the release pattern going, the next update will be this Monday, April 1st.

So I'm expecting a prank.

Probably some Chaos / Sisters mashup artwork.

It will tie in with the current releases and troll the community at the same time.

Well if they keep the release pattern going, the next update will be this Monday, April 1st.

It will tie in with the current releases and troll the community at the same time.

Miriael? It'd fit :lol: Edited by Aqui

It'll be the Sisters Trailer from last year, only instead of Emperor Willing 2019, it'll be Emperor Willing 2020