Sisters Update from WHC

In the old model range, I used helmeted models to represent Celestians as a way of visually distinguishing them from standard troops. As they began limiting the range, it got harder to do.

In the new kit, I'm hoping there are different looks for Celestians than troops, so that I won't need to rely on this strategy. If there isn't a visible difference, I will probably carry over the tradition for any new models.

Mate mate mate, you just need your metal models to be Celestians. They're tough and veteran.

Use new plastics as normal battle sisters, they're new and might melt in the heat of (the car) battle.

Well if they keep the release pattern going, the next update will be this Monday, April 1st.

So I'm expecting a prank.

Probably some Chaos / Sisters mashup artwork.

It will tie in with the current releases and troll the community at the same time.

It'll be the Sisters Trailer from last year, only instead of Emperor Willing 2019, it'll be Emperor Willing 2020

I'd be wishing for it to be 2020 now. As per as the beta-dex is, that means they're doing a complete rewrite of the book. But GW is a model company, not a game company, so they don't care how good, bad or broken rules actually are as long as the models are awesome.

Edited by taikishi

Well if they keep the release pattern going, the next update will be this Monday, April 1st.

So I'm expecting a prank.

Probably some Chaos / Sisters mashup artwork.

It will tie in with the current releases and troll the community at the same time.

It'll be the Sisters Trailer from last year, only instead of Emperor Willing 2019, it'll be Emperor Willing 2020

I'd be wishing for it to be 2020 now. As per as the beta-dex is, that means they're doing a complete rewrite of the book. But GW is a model company, not a game company, so they don't care how good, bad or broken rules actually are as long as the models are awesome.

I'll buy them regardless, but it won't be a massive army all at once like I normally do it.  If it's an incredi-bad ruleset, probably one or two hundred points every two or three months.  I hope that's not the case

Outstanding miniature. Love the detail on the buckle and the grenades. Excellent pose. The eagle and fleur-de-lis on the pauldrons look like they have better relief than the current pewter model so the detail should pop better. As it should since there is about a sixteen year difference in miniature making technology :wink:

Great sculpt on the Seraphim; I think scrolls are likely the elevation mechanism, but I hope they aren't.  I think the scrolls contribute to the holy aura of Celestine and the Geminae; if Seraphim had it too, it just normalizes sainthood. I would prefer flying bases.

Now if only the models come with good rule fixes for the geminae and extra range for meltas with burning descent.

If hand flamers were one point and could be given to every model in the unit, I would certainly think hard about taking them.

They aren't bad at 6 pts for 2d6 auto hits, even at Str 3, but it's insane that GSC can get a full 20 man squad with handflamers paying 7 pts total for each model, which have a better melee profile, and all kinds of ambush shenanigans...

• 2 weeks later...

We have another update from WHC - SOB Vehicles - the Rhino Chassis.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/15/battle-sister-bulletin-part-5-vehicle-details/

So for the SOB tanks do you think that GW is going to go the way of the Armiger, different boxes with the same main chassis and an alternate weapon spru for each?

Or the Castellan / Valiant route where the sprues for each have very similar or identical parts, but the sprues laid out differently to best fit the parts for each kit to get by with 1 less spru?

Or do you think we will get one box with all of the options like the Land Raider Crusader / Redeemer, the Dark Talon / Nephilim, or the Darkshroud / Land Speeder Vengeance?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/15/battle-sister-bulletin-part-5-vehicle-details/

So for the SOB tanks do you think that GW is going to go the way of the Armiger, different boxes with the same main chassis and an alternate weapon spru for each?

Or the Castellan / Valiant route where the sprues for each have very similar or identical parts, but the sprues laid out differently to best fit the parts for each kit to get by with 1 less spru?

Or do you think we will get one box with all of the options like the Land Raider Crusader / Redeemer, the Dark Talon / Nephilim, or the Darkshroud / Land Speeder Vengeance?

For the Immo/Exo/Rhino I think we're still just getting one box that covers the who shebang(with a price premium due to the exorcist sprue, of course).

For any other vehicles they do, I'm certain we'll be getting, if not straight up dual kits, then certainly a plethora of options. I wouldn't be surprised to see different variant loadouts for the penitent engines(a melta option certainly, and possibly one that forgoes the flamers for more melee attacks). I expect a heavy tank of some variety and possibly even a landspeeder style light vehicle.

For the Immo/Exo/Rhino I think we're still just getting one box that covers the who shebang(with a price premium due to the exorcist sprue, of course).

For any other vehicles they do, I'm certain we'll be getting, if not straight up dual kits, then certainly a plethora of options. I wouldn't be surprised to see different variant loadouts for the penitent engines(a melta option certainly, and possibly one that forgoes the flamers for more melee attacks). I expect a heavy tank of some variety and possibly even a landspeeder style light vehicle.

I'm guessing the sister specific one will be Exo/Immo/Repressor.

Really liking all this ornamentation :)

I expect the rhinos and immo to be in the same kit as now. I don't see the exos being in the same kit, rather being in a separate kit with another possible main tank.

Otherwise it'd be like putting a vindicate, razorback, predator and rhinos in the same box.

I expect it to be boxed by class/purpose: transport, main tank, etc.

The question is... are we going to get a re-designed exorcist?  If they are going back to the original Rhinos (and possibly Immolators due to the fact that they used the 2nd Ed picture of one) will they also go back to the missile pod version?

Also the biggest thing for me was what wasnt mentioned.... the repressor :'(  are we going to see if jumping from OoP FW in to Codex??? I hope so, but it doesnt seem like it