Sisters Update from WHC

There was no exorcist in 2nd edition.

Only the Immolator upgrade to the 2nd edition SM Rhino.

It was the 3rd edition codex that introduced the exorcist.

With the codex release there was a new immolator and exorcist (organ) kits based off the new SM rhino.

The only official missile pod version of the exorcist was from Forgeworld, and came out after the organ version.

Several people made custom exorcists using the round metal whirlwind launchers on a 2nd or 3rd edition Immolator.

The question is... are we going to get a re-designed exorcist? If they are going back to the original Rhinos (and possibly Immolators due to the fact that they used the 2nd Ed picture of one) will they also go back to the missile pod version?

Also the biggest thing for me was what wasnt mentioned.... the repressor :'( are we going to see if jumping from OoP FW in to Codex??? I hope so, but it doesnt seem like it

Oh, god, I hope not! Organ Exorcist is why I started playing 40k. It's the coolest thing in the setting!

The question is... are we going to get a re-designed exorcist? If they are going back to the original Rhinos (and possibly Immolators due to the fact that they used the 2nd Ed picture of one) will they also go back to the missile pod version?

Also the biggest thing for me was what wasnt mentioned.... the repressor :'( are we going to see if jumping from OoP FW in to Codex??? I hope so, but it doesnt seem like it

Oh, god, I hope not! Organ Exorcist is why I started playing 40k. It's the coolest thing in the setting!

A reimagining of the Organ launcher would be very cool ^_^

Hard to imagine a reimagining of the organ launcher. Its already pretty freaking amazing.

Also, love the new avatar Aqui, she's a gorgeous work of art.

I suppose I meant an Organ launcher with nor details added, but you're right.

I saw it online, but have no idea who its by. But I just knew I had to use it as my avatar (and my phone wallpaper) ^_^

Edited by Aqui

Hard to imagine more details on the organ launcher, lol. Plastic organ launcher would be nice though. More importantly: assembly instructions for it. To this day, I can't believe the exorcist kit came with no instructions for the organ launcher! Took 10 years to find an instruction someone did on dakkadakka.

You need to add that avatar to the sisters art thread. Seriously, such a great piece.

It would be cool if vehicles came with enough options to be kitted with <order> specific iconography. Not all detail pieces need six options- they could provide a single piece that has six options, or there could be two pieces with three options each.

I hope that our tanks don't lose size- I'm pretty sure they won't because the fender piece still has the diagonal cut of the modern rhino, though a portion of that cut is hidden behind the reliquary. Also, the features they discussed as the defining characteristics of the Deimos pattern were the circular doors and the exposed exhaust systems, not the mesh-vented fenders which were replaced with the beefier cutaway design.

And yeah, for my money, I hope the exorcist continues to be a pipe organ- and I have faith it will be. I also wouldn't mind if they resculpted the organ because given what we've seen already, they'll get it right.

Nothing to prove definitively whether or not they're going to give us a fully realized Repressor. That would be such a bombshell that it will be the secret they keep right up until release. 

So what is the next preview do ya think? How long 'til the dex drops?Still thinkin November or December? If so, they'll either have to stop previewing or they'll end up giving up ALLof the secrets, before the release happens. Think we'll get teasers like Kill Team or Blackstone models before the official drop? I mean, we know there's a new Crusader sculpt coming for Blackstone- putting a new DCA or Arco model in would make sense.

With the rhino I think what it'll be is the same as the current one 'just' with different front plate, rear door & the outer two side panels being different.  With the panels having the sisters icons moulded in.  I can also see the rhino being in the immolator kit

The Exorcist... I think it'll be re-designed because if they just ported from metal it'll take about 8 -10 pieces just for the pipes which is about half a vehicle sprue... so its either a redesign of the organ (which I hope they keep as well) OR the exorcist will be a single vehicle kit.

For whats next depends on whats in scope & time frame till release... I could see it being either background or priests

I know a lot likes the GW Exorcist since its so extreme. Sorry to say its to much for me. 

I do love this  design

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UTLS2JLET/banisher-missile-launcher?optionId=64796495&li=marketplace

I like it. It has a modern touch of having the launchers directional instead of always firing directly upwards.

It even has exhaust ports for the missiles as they launch. Nice alternative style.

With the rhino I think what it'll be is the same as the current one 'just' with different front plate, rear door & the outer two side panels being different. With the panels having the sisters icons moulded in. I can also see the rhino being in the immolator kit

The Exorcist... I think it'll be re-designed because if they just ported from metal it'll take about 8 -10 pieces just for the pipes which is about half a vehicle sprue... so its either a redesign of the organ (which I hope they keep as well) OR the exorcist will be a single vehicle kit.

For whats next depends on whats in scope & time frame till release... I could see it being either background or priests

It'll probably look like the FW deimos with Sisters iconography. It's a pretty solid design, only a bit smaller than the current rhino due to being lower profile.

My guess is that the next one is highlighting another specific unit, maybe BSS or Celestians. The one after that will be hints at new stuff and the one after that will be talking about the rules again. At least those are my bets.

Really liking all this ornamentation :)

I don’t, and it’s not just because I imagine my branch of the order as viewing a certain level of austerity as a virtue.

It’s more that the decoration would look, from an in setting perspective, as custom embellishment. Which would make it really odd to have three or more tanks side beside each other with exactly the same ornamentation. The more they bake into the sprue, the more jarring this will feel.

As a stand alone object, pretty neat. As a transport fleet, not so cool.

As a stand alone object, pretty neat. As a transport fleet, not so cool.

Cool perspective, not one that I had considered. I might keep all the bling for command vehicles, but I might shave/ file the filigree and cherubs off the rank and file tanks; looks like it's easy enough to do. I do like the name scrolls, as I tend to name everything in my armies. As for the fender shrine, that's tougher to alter. It's difficult to tell from the render if the statue is an insert or molded directly into the shrine. If it is the former, their may be a variety of shrine icons to choose from. Even if there weren't, you could buy a box of Sigmar Skellies and fill each shrine with a unique assortment of bones representing a martyred former passenger or pilot of the vehicle- kinda like the patron saint. Maybe there's a vehicle upgrade along the lines of patron saint that would confer an AoF to the vehicle. If there is no rule, I might just house rule it for the campaign, depending on what they do for the AoF reboot.

While I do like the that GW is updating the Rhino for the SoB, the ornate look does not fit the theme of my order of Sisters.

My Sisters practice austerity in regards to ornamentation because they have been burned a few times with various Cardinals either practicing politics over caring for the masses or actually being a secret worshipper of Chaos. They are of the opinion that the louder you scream your faith the more you are hiding.

While I do like the that GW is updating the Rhino for the SoB, the ornate look does not fit the theme of my order of Sisters.
My Sisters practice austerity in regards to ornamentation because they have been burned a few times with various Cardinals either practicing politics over caring for the masses or actually being a secret worshipper of Chaos. They are of the opinion that the louder you scream your faith the more you are hiding.

Hopefully the ornamentation elements will be options and not integral to the body of the vehicles.

Hard to imagine a reimagining of the organ launcher. Its already pretty freaking amazing.

Also, love the new avatar Aqui, she's a gorgeous work of art.

I suppose I meant an Organ launcher with nor details added, but you're right.

I saw it online, but have no idea who its by. But I just knew I had to use it as my avatar (and my phone wallpaper) :happy.:

https://kethinar.artstation.com/

This might help, pretty sure this is the original artist.

edit: hmm. NSFW on some of the pictures.

Edited by Sanctimonius

Wow, they have a great sisters obsession and beautiful work too.

I'm hoping that the exorcist is more conservative then the last. 15 pounds of warped metal with some tiny hard to reach places. Plastic will make it less concussive on you opponents noggin when you Chuck it at him, er, I mean, haha. Safer for your opponent. Seriously tho, a re imagine of it would be perfect, maybe a space to actually add a storm bolter.

Pertinent engines, what can I say. Had a bunch, fell appart. Pinned them, fell apart. When assembled and painted, beautiful, but they always got broken. So plastic, yes please.

New Immolator design would be nice but think it will stay the same, just icon and upgrade sprue. Ditto with rhino.

I’d rather the exorcist get more ornate if anything, it’s supposed to be a (approx) 5000 year old rolling shrine right? :P (the ones built during the reign of blood at least). I’d like it to be something of a centerpiece model