Sisters Update from WHC

I would like to see celestians being given bolt pistols and power swords. Something different and has a chance in close combat

Sure, if they also had 6 attacks and S5 before bloody rose.

Celestians aren't going to be made useful just with wargear (at least not without some kind of crazy unique to them thing). A footslogging unit of S3 powerswords is pretty underwhelming, especially when you compare them to something like Arco-flagellents. They're gonna need some serious special rules to have a place. The infiltrators deepstrike denial would do it.

I know a lot likes the GW Exorcist since its so extreme. Sorry to say its to much for me.

I do love this design

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UTLS2JLET/banisher-missile-launcher?optionId=64796495&li=marketplace

Why does it have booster rockets on the back?

Hi, I'm the author of the model!

They are not rocket booster, but magazines for the missiles that fed the laucher with a pair of belt.

I would like to see celestians being given bolt pistols and power swords. Something different and has a chance in close combat

Celestians aren't going to be made useful just with wargear (at least not without some kind of crazy unique to them thing). A footslogging unit of S3 powerswords is pretty underwhelming, especially when you compare them to something like Arco-flagellents. They're gonna need some serious special rules to have a place. The infiltrators deepstrike denial would do it.

Or simply giving them other weapons than a Power Sword! Something that gives them +1 or +2 in Strenght.

Edited by Ezr91aeL

I know a lot likes the GW Exorcist since its so extreme. Sorry to say its to much for me.

I do love this design

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UTLS2JLET/banisher-missile-launcher?optionId=64796495&li=marketplace

Why does it have booster rockets on the back?

Hi, I'm the author of the model!

They are not rocket booster, but magazines for the missiles that fed the laucher with a pair of belt.

Or simply giving them other weapons than a Power Sword! Something that gives them +1 or +2 in Strenght.

Still probably wouldn't be good enough, even in bloody rose. Not without a better delivery system than a Rhino. GSC get away with footslogging CQC infantry because they're like 6 points a model and can deepstrike and buff their charge ranges.

If they had a weapon that was AP-3 and +1S and had scout for 10 PPM...I'd still want them to have an extra base attack.

It will be interesting to see what GWs solution is for Celestians are, and is probably the one unit I want to see previewed next. I'm sure they'll look great but it's the rules I want to see.

Okay, so today's sneak peak- less than what we've seen before perhaps, but also a bit of a teaser. Saint Praxedes mentioned by name... A new character perhaps? She could be the commander release for kill team. Also, the mention of a penitent legion got me going; there might be some penitent engine strats on the way. Also sorta set the stage for ministorum getting a bit of love.

Okay, so today's sneak peak- less than what we've seen before perhaps, but also a bit of a teaser. Saint Praxedes mentioned by name... A new character perhaps? She could be the commander release for kill team. Also, the mention of a penitent legion got me going; there might be some penitent engine strats on the way. Also sorta set the stage for ministorum getting a bit of love.

Would be weird having her in the current setting. How long has it been since the second Tyrannic war to current time?

''Saint Praxedes of Ophelia VII was an Adepta Sororitas Canoness of the Order of Our Martyred Lady and renowned hero of the Imperium of Man's Ultima Segmentum during the Second Tyrannic War. She was martyred upon the Cardinal World of Okassis after leading a valiant defence against the encroaching Tyranid menace.''

As for the Excorcist, yes gimme all the bling bling... The organ is sorely needed for my Emperors Children as well. Gonna buy a lot of them if the new sculpts good (I mean the Exorcist... Well and the EC lol)... 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I'm not sure I want Celestians to be a CC unit.  They are supposed to be Veteran Sisters... and sisters squads at the moment are BBS, Saraphim, Dominions, and Retributors.  So it makes more sense to have them to complement the shooting phase, instead of being a crappy CC unit.  

In the 2nd edition codex the Canoness's body guard could either be fielded on foot or with jump packs.  So if Celestians had the options to be a veteran mashup version of any of the squads, that could be interesting.  Let's be honest, no one is going to field their Retributors with 4 heavy flamers.... but a unit of Celestians with 4 Heavy Flamers, bolt pistols, some CCW options, and jump packs could be the unit we want at the front of our advance. 

She had rules in the 2nd edition codex... and technically she had a model too but the packaging just said sister superior.  I can't remember but I think the mace sister superior had Praxedes on the foot tab.  It make sense for them to come up with several named characters and why not go back to the source material.  Or it could just be them reusing one of the fluff pieces from a previous codex for the new codex.

Confession: I forgot Paxedes' lore and reacted to the name before I went back over the 2nd ed dex. She definitely isn't the best choice for a release.

As for Celestians, another route GWmight go, assuming faith becomes more worth while, would be to make the Celestians batteries or buffers of faith? Maybe they channel faith in a way that is different than other units- ie. they have an ability to burn a faith point for a bonus to a particular stat or roll?