Ynoba Crusade - Primaris Crusaders

serrath

i have a little base for a real Black Templars army.

I'll play only with primaris, but they not realy CCW units.

How can i continue? (I'll buy shadowspear box)

I have these:

characters

15 intercessor

10 reiver

3 inceptor

1 repulsor tank

http://kepkezelo.com/images/nb6ih54x4zfpcjygj2i6.jpg

Edited by serrath

You forgot to mention your hellblasters

Pure primaris is a bit limited for options still. With Shadowspear on the way, you're looking to be set for troops, though. If you're looking to add something that you don't have already otherwise though, there's pretty much only a redemptor dreadnought or maybe a unit of aggressors.

I'd do a dreadnought next since .. well i just like big stompy robots.

I don't like primarines, but still, I'll second Reinhard's suggestion: one, maybe a pair of redemptor dreadnoughts could do wonders there.

If I may ask: why only primaris? Truly, none of them (at least, with the current models, counting the shadowspear box) are made for us, both fluffwise and rulewise (none truly benefits from our CT) and...

WHERE IS YOUR EMPEROR'S CHAMPION BROTHER?

Man, every time I think about Guillimarines I get upset.

Personally I think that without any dedicated close combat units a full Primaris army would work like a tide army in theory and at least a bit in practice, so you would have a lot of 10 man squads of Intercessors and/or Infiltrators (for getting up close and personal fast) and just walk them up the board, their shooting is amazing so you dont have to run them and the Indomitus Crusaders will make them into a fairly efficient CC troop unit (plus some decent strats). After that you just have to add some anti-tank, I'v heard good things of people running two Repulsors for the lascannons and Hellblasters are obviously good too, the new Suppressors look pretty good for some form of Anti-tank but if you are an assault army you would want them to shoot at infantry so your mileage may vary.

So essentially drown them in bodies, so much power armor they'll shake the ground.

Edited by redmapa

I don't like primarines, but still, I'll second Reinhard's suggestion: one, maybe a pair of redemptor dreadnoughts could do wonders there.

If I may ask: why only primaris? Truly, none of them (at least, with the current models, counting the shadowspear box) are made for us, both fluffwise and rulewise (none truly benefits from our CT) and...

i would like to make my emperors champion with the new shadowspear psiker. i think it would be good EC, or i give him a storm shield. i'll see :D

i would like to make my emperors champion with the new shadowspear psiker. i think it would be good EC, or i give him a storm shield. i'll see :biggrin.:

EC made with the filthy body of a witch?

4738239cd44aa7052b38fea9473ead05bc0212f1

That's a great looking army! When I look at any space marine army missing a dreadnaught, I feel it is incomplete ;)

As mentioned by many others, I think it would fill a useful gap in your tactical options. Given your limited range of heavy armour, you may want to consider doubling-down on the Redemptor or the Repulsor. You want to make sure any opponent has to think twice during target selection. Best method from a gaming point of view is probably to try out both in a few matches and get a feel for which you like most.

I'm no expert on Primaris specifically, so I can't comment much on your other infantry options. On a purely selfishly aesthetic choice, I'd also love to see what you do with a dread ;)

Quite a bit of good insight from redmapa here.

Personally I think that without any dedicated close combat units a full Primaris army would work like a tide army in theory and at least a bit in practice, so you would have a lot of 10 man squads of Intercessors and/or Infiltrators (for getting up close and personal fast) and just walk them up the board,

Intercessors are a very solid troop choice. Reivers can be used to drop in and tie up units that you don't want shooting at you.

their shooting is amazing so you dont have to run them and the Indomitus Crusaders will make them into a fairly efficient CC troop unit (plus some decent strats). After that you just have to add some anti-tank,

Repulsors are a very good choice for AT. The key to them is to take the same approach that all us "Venerables" did when fielding Land Raiders, which is:

1. Take one <Repulsor/Land Raider> and every anti-tank gun on the board will shoot at it until it dies, which usually doensn't take that long.

2. Take two <Repulsor/Land Raider> and now the AT fire is diluted because they have to address more than  one unit.

3. Take three <Repulsor/Land Raider> and now the AT fire has a real problem. Most people won't expect three and will generally struggle with which one to shoot at or will kill one while you cram the other two down their throats.

So, depending on points/PL, 2-3 would be recommended.

There's a guy on the BA forum (neonmole) who takes 3 Repulsors, 2 Redemptors, 3 x 5 man Intercessors, and some HQs and gives people a really hard time in tournaments. You might consider looking at his thread.

I understand the additional distraction the Redemptors bring, but might consider trying cheaper dreads that are half/half shooty/CC just to see if that allows you to add other things into the mix (e.g. Storm Talons).

I would say that as excellent  as your crusade looks, you will make a big  impression either way.

I'v heard good things of people running two Repulsors for the lascannons and Hellblasters are obviously good too, the new Suppressors look pretty good for some form of Anti-tank but if you are an assault army you would want them to shoot at infantry so your mileage may vary.

Strongly agree with this.

So essentially drown them in bodies, so much power armor they'll shake the ground.

This insight is something that gets lost rather frequently when list building. A lot of power armor boots  on the ground can be very problematical  for lists. Intercessors don't really look like a threat until you realize you  have to kill a boatload of them to grab back objectives.

Near term, it seems Primaris forces are developing into a mid-field control/objective grab force that defies you to get them off the objectives. They seem to have a lot of  tools  that help them accomplish those goals, though we're still seeing that picture unfold.

Cheers,