Ynoba Crusade - Primaris Crusaders

serrath

Well there is no primaris EC. You can't make one at the list stage. The one thing you can do is add a regular one and model him as a Primaris one. Unless you write and use houserules for him, he'll be no different from your regular EC though. I realize I'm just mincing your words, so sorry for that.

But yeah, I agree that GW NEEDS to adress the lack of a Primaris EC. Even more than a primaris upgrade kit or anything else, I feel a Primaris EC is the most urgent thing Primaris BT needs right now. More than any other unit, that guy is our identity in a nutshell.

• 1 month later...

So my two thrones on running Primaris Templars:

Get the Vigilus Defiant book and run the Indomitus Crusaders detachment. Now you have 31 attacks (32 if you take a chainsword over a Powerfist or Powersword on your Sergeant) in a unit of 10 Intercessors if you make them Veterans. Keep the bolt rifles and then take Helbrecht for the full rerolls to hit (plus S10 powerfists if you like that sort of thing). Run Helbrecht with two squads and you have 20 Primaris throwing out up to 62 attacks a turn in melee and with good shooting. And on the plus side it's easier to get attacks from all 10 models in a squad than it is to get attacks from 20 models in a Crusader Squad (unless you attack multiple enemy units that is).

I'd say take at least one more squad of Intercessors to handle taking objectives since we're harder to shift with the extra point of Ld and the extra attacks in melee when we get charged. Personally I recommend 2 (or taking 4 units of 5 if you're feeling frisky) but keep the Sergeants cheaper since these guys aren't the ones you're throwing into the enemy lines since they don't have support for their melee.

For your second HQ take a Gravis Captain and put him with two units of Agressors. They move about the same speed anyways, and his rerolls make their volume of shooting better and let their fists work better if they get pulled into melee.

For support, you'll want 9 Suppressors since the autocannons can threaten most of the things in the game, can put out damage starting turn 1 versus the Hellblasters and help prevent overwatch if we kill something (still charge from outside of LoS of anything Tau if you can since they will make you cry tears of blood if you don't). You'll still want Hellblasters, so I recommend 2 units of 5 with the standard plasma, supported by an Ancient since they'll die more than you want. For the last Heavy Support slot I recommend Eliminators to plink enemy witches or support characters (like enemy Ancients).

Last but not least, if you take LTs you can get some extra CP back by splitting your FA and HS slots off into new detachments while improving your chances of wounding. I'd recommend Captains instead since hitting is harder than wounding for those weapons, but those cost more, even when given the bare bones upgrades.

And that basically sums up how I intend on running 2k of Primaris Templars.

Make Intercessors Veterans and they have lots of attacks.

Get another Repulsor. Have multiple squads of Intercessors assaulting from the tanks, supported by elite infantry and characters.

Make Intercessors Veterans and they have lots of attacks.

Get another Repulsor. Have multiple squads of Intercessors assaulting from the tanks, supported by elite infantry and characters.

I'm not sold on Repulsors to be honest. In a game where most people gear up to kill Knights. If we had more support vehicles to run a mechanized army I'd be on the same page.

Knights are indeed a problem... For now at least.

Don't let an in-balanced unit stop you from building an otherwise decent list.

As far as transport tanks go the Repulsors are some of the very best.

Edited by Ishagu

Not necessarily in my experience.

I think that most lists still bring the firepower needed to deal with hordes. As long as terrain in sufficient the Tanks aren't too hard to hide. Like anything you need redundancy. I agree that one Repulsor won't get the job done so you need multiples, as well as other units to divert attention.

Edited by Ishagu

True. But he's already on a 2K list, so shoehorning another repulsor means giving up on something else.

Having said that, I myself do not see how this list is supposed to work. I mean sure, 60ish attacks is nice (at the cost of 3 CP), but it won't get much done. Here are a few consideration :

• against 30 ork boyz (~200 pts, same as 10 intercessors), you will kill 8 orks (11 with Helbrecht), and the remaining 22 will kill 6 of your marines in retaliation (i.e. they inflict twice as many casualties point for point). Same goes for tzaangors.
  • against T7 (vehicle, dread) you will inflict 2 to 4 wounds before the knight stomps you into oblivion.

Essentially, shooting would amount to the same effect, while being safer.

Why only consider combat? We can shoot (Veteran Intercessors can get up to 40 shots with Bolt Rifles after all) and charge (Helbrecht still helps with ranged hit rolls to IIRC), and even if they pull models off the front forcing a longer charge we get rerolls baked in (if both dice stink) or can use a CP to just reroll one if we have one good die and one bad.

Use all the tools you have available to maximize victory.

i have a little base for a real Black Templars army.

I'll play only with primaris, but they not realy CCW units.

How can i continue? (I'll buy shadowspear box)

I have these:

characters

15 intercessor

10 reiver

3 inceptor

1 repulsor tank

http://kepkezelo.com/images/nb6ih54x4zfpcjygj2i6.jpg

Regardless of it plays, that's some nice work.  Great job!

You should know, impersonation is the highest form of respect.

You say that....

http://chestofcolors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Ultramarine_Sigismund_2-600x523.jpg

Jeez talk about ruining a good mini. :lol:

i have a little base for a real Black Templars army.

I'll play only with primaris, but they not realy CCW units.

How can i continue? (I'll buy shadowspear box)

I have these:

characters

15 intercessor

10 reiver

3 inceptor

1 repulsor tank

http://kepkezelo.com/images/nb6ih54x4zfpcjygj2i6.jpg

Regardless of it plays, that's some nice work.  Great job!

thanks! i hope i can make a real big and fluff army

I like the conversions you did. The lts mask still looks dorky sadly, maybe do a head switch for a helmet?

I suspected that the librarian could Look very good as a templar, when converted a Little, which you confirmed for me.

hmmm, good idea, i can use the phobos captain head or an inceptor or agressor head. i don't want use full helmets for every model. too monotonous.

Next time, i think i show you a hard upgraded redemptor dreadnought :D

You should know, impersonation is the highest form of respect.

You say that....

http://chestofcolors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Ultramarine_Sigismund_2-600x523.jpg

Jeez talk about ruining a good mini. :laugh.:

*Insert Dorn doing the Godfather meme- "Look how they massacred my boy" * :biggrin.: 

There is a Primaris kitbash article in the new White Dwarf.  There are a handful of Black Templar examples.  Also a few featured Black Templar models from some of the GW staff.  It's good to see that a few at GW still carry on their crusades.

There is a Primaris kitbash article in the new White Dwarf.  There are a handful of Black Templar examples.  Also a few featured Black Templar models from some of the GW staff.  It's good to see that a few at GW still carry on their crusades.

i watched it and realy good and fluffy conversion! (on youtube from 10:00)