Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rumour Engine - 5th March, 2019

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,716 posts

WarCom Article

RumourEngine-Mar5-Image20tveg.jpg

mkbKIlr.png

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,150 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

Too slow! Blast! :P

Looks to me like it will be something for either an objective or a dragon's base, as it simply screams "dragon's hoard" to me.

Also, I love the little nurgling saying 'wait till my grandfather hears about this!" before being exorcised. Very characterful, and very funny. Had me laughing.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,075 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Unless it's something Slaaneshi (greed is part of Slaanesh as well) I don't think it's a 40k related rumour engine this time.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,716 posts
  • Slaanesh stuff (temptation using riches)
  • AoS Vampires
  • LotR
  • Rogue Trader

All reasonably valid guesses.

mkbKIlr.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,803 posts
Aos, dwarfs?

Or dragons
  • Peredyne likes this
banana

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 539 posts

something about that jewled box just screams "AoS" to me, so baring a Slaaneshi Daemon of some sort I doubt this matters for 40K(even though this article carried over the Daemon Engine gag, implying a connection)

twopounder

twopounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,474 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
I suppose mordheim would be too much to hope for.. *shakes stick and chases kids off lawn*
  • GalaxyChief, Akylas, zarkkarn and 1 other like this

4bVlhOy.jpg

Massive 3D Printing Project - Working on the Whirlwind Scorpius

Ravenwing WIP - (57 Bikes and counting)

Full Battle Company - Lion's Blade including 14 Razorbacks

Shapeways - Like the models I make? Now you can get them too!

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,307 posts

Wood like framing of the text, depicts what looks like part of a treasure hoard... all bets on it being fantasy related

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,163 posts
  • Faction: Renegade-ish Marines and Nids

I'm leaning towards an AoS base.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,726 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Seems like it could be a marker for War Cry or whatever the Not!Kill-Team for AoS is.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,275 posts
There has been a lot of themed terrain recently with army releases so I'm going to guess AoS Darkoath

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts
It’s showing we all need a vault of gold for the new Shadowspear and chaos releases.

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,654 posts

Definitely not 40K, I am leaning towards Dogs of War Mydas the Mean aka the paymaster 

utilityzero

utilityzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,059 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Pain
Ork freebootas.
1% of people know that answer to, "What's the F.T.W. stand for?" You're not one of them.
8% of teenagers dont listen to rap and 2% havnt tried pot OR drinking... and an even smaller percentage of people actually feel the need to bolster their own self-esteem by putting a spin on being rhythmicly challenged and having no social life.
100% of your base are belong to us.
50% of marines apparently get lost in the warp. If only the guy who came up with that plot had gotten lost in the warp first.

Tymell

Tymell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 695 posts

So Trazyn the Infinite is finally getting a scenic base to represent his epic Pogs collection. Excellent.

• Red_Shift likes this
---------------------------
(On-going) HH project, characters, timeline points, ships - https://sites.google...ellsheresy/home

Feel free to PM in case of missing info or sudden but inevitable errors!

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,422 posts

Why was my post on this thread deleted? Is the mention of Vampirates forbidden? huh.png

Anyway, this article about trade and currency in AoS popped up yesterday without much context. It's a bit random to talk about trade and money in a wargame without a reason to do so, so I'm thinking the article and this Rumour Engine are both teasing the same thing.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,075 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Why was my post on this thread deleted? Is the mention of Vampirates forbidden? huh.png

Anyway, this article about trade and currency in AoS popped up yesterday without much context. It's a bit random to talk about trade and money in a wargame without a reason to do so, so I'm thinking the article and this Rumour Engine are both teasing the same thing.

Probably because it's not 40k related ... like this post as well. ^^

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,422 posts

Probably because it's not 40k related ... like this post as well. ^^

But everyone's talking about Dogs of War, Mordheim, Warcry, Darkoath, Dwarves...

• Tymell likes this

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,265 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes, Guard, IK
Objective chests for heroquest

Sense%2Bt%C3%ADtol%2B(2).pngUntitled-1.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_5192.pnggallery_48988_15151_1303.pnggallery_48988_16045_6601.pngETL_Medal_03.gifL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_48988_15465_10777.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 659 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
Plastic Thunderhawk Gunship.

...that or somthing related to Idoneth Deepkin.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,923 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Well, since the consensus seems to be that this particular rumour isn't 40k related, I'm going to lock this up. Should we get evidence that this is for 40k, please report this post so that a Moderator or Admin can review.
  • Dosjetka likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users