Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos Space Marines - Range Refresh

• Please log in to reply
598 replies to this topic

Nelzon

Nelzon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 50 posts

Hello, any helpful soul here that has the new Obliterators and a Helbrute? If so then pretty please (with sugar on top) upload a pic of them side by side for size comparison. Thank you! smile.png

ieb9g3A.jpg

Thank you! Been wondering how they look next to each other

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 357 posts

Hello, any helpful soul here that has the new Obliterators and a Helbrute? If so then pretty please (with sugar on top) upload a pic of them side by side for size comparison. Thank you! smile.png

ieb9g3A.jpg

Thank you! Been wondering how they look next to each other

BTW, I think (unfortunately) that you won't see them very often side by side on the battlefield (because of how boosted they can be)

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,426 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

It would've been nice if Warpsmith could now heal Renegade Knights.

You have the Forgeworld Hellwright for healing knights.

Did anyone else notice that GW has painted their Iron Warriors in the FW 30K scheme? Gone are the endless hazard stripes.

The Lord Discordant has the same amount of stripes as the old Maulerfiend behind him. The new Terminators and marines don't appear to have any but its a low detail image. The missile launcher marine shown in full detail had stripes all over one leg.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,891 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Techmarines can't heal loyalist Knights either.

-~Ishagu~-

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 357 posts

It seems it is not sold anymore...

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,921 posts

Because it was never actually sold in the first place.

The Archmagos Draykavac/Archmagos kit is the Hellwright/Hellwright on Dark Abeyant

99560108117_ArchmagosDraykavac01.jpg

Tylydox

Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 583 posts

It's set of rules without a dedicated miniature.  Archmagos Draykavac is supposed to represent a "Hellwright".

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,891 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
You can equip him with a generic head instead of the skull.

-~Ishagu~-

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,044 posts
unknown.png

What a dude!

Source = "Warhammer 40k - Imperium Nihilus: Vigilus Ablaze" book cover" by Jaime Martinez
  • Sandlemad, RolandTHTG, Excessus and 2 others like this

mkbKIlr.png

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts

What is this flaming mace people are talking about? I don't remember it.

This one.
YxCu2H9.jpg

I think this guy further solidifies possibility of new chosen, I haven't actually paid attention to him before.
CaFrPne.jpg

HCMistborn

HCMistborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,287 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Knights
That Dark Apostle is cool, is that the book from the rumor engine?

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,920 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Might be the first time that a marine clad in pink armour is shown in the art looking this badass...

jaime-martinez-jaime-martinez-imperium-n

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,786 posts

You guys think we will get new "chosen" models? Given the level of detail and the *INSANE* number of parts in the base marine kit..... I don't think we will. 

Though thats total conjecture on my part but we have a totally ludicrous number of parts coming in the new Chaos Marine kit so I don't think we will even need a chosen one and maybe the GW staff might have thought the same. 

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,427 posts

I love this. Look at him go.

jaime-martinez-jmz-imperium-nihilus-book

• Prot, Vanger, Reyner and 11 others like this

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts

You guys think we will get new "chosen" models? Given the level of detail and the *INSANE* number of parts in the base marine kit..... I don't think we will. 

Though thats total conjecture on my part but we have a totally ludicrous number of parts coming in the new Chaos Marine kit so I don't think we will even need a chosen one and maybe the GW staff might have thought the same. 

But there are too much parts that don't match shown models at all. It's not like CSM kit will have additional 3-4 backpacks and a few two-handed axes.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,920 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Yeah, it's awesome. Shame he didn't keep the skewered guardsman on that Purge marine's chainsword though. He would have looked even more badass!

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,786 posts

But there are too much parts that don't match shown models at all. It's not like CSM kit will have additional 3-4 backpacks and a few two-handed axes.

Did they show a bunch of additional backpacks and the extra axes? 

I thought those were already covered in the rumors engines. 

Though we are due a Sorcerer and an Apostle in plastic coming I haven't seen any evidence (to my knowledge) that would suggest it beyond the art mentioned earlier. Then again: all of the other elite factions with entries get their models.....so perhaps we will to. 

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts

Did they show a bunch of additional backpacks and the extra axes? 

I thought those were already covered in the rumors engines. 

Though we are due a Sorcerer and an Apostle in plastic coming I haven't seen any evidence (to my knowledge) that would suggest it beyond the art mentioned earlier. Then again: all of the other elite factions with entries get their models.....so perhaps we will to. 

I base my speculation around the fact that shown art so far matches exactly with new miniatures both in equipment and in most cases in poses.
XahF40a.jpg

• Eworm_Jim likes this

the emperor is scottish

the emperor is scottish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
I 100% believe there are a few surprises in the works. Possibly a multipart lord/ sorcerer model and dark apostle.

Very sceptical of new chosen or new bikes.
  • Master Commander Ajax and Sonoftherubric21 like this

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,786 posts

Sarges that is pretty interesting. I really want that to be right but I don't know if GW will go quite that far.  Heres hopin! 

• Master Commander Ajax and Sarges like this

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,678 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I said this a while ago....but i think recent GW does EVERYTHING with a purpose....i think this release may keeping going further then we even think now

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts

I 100% believe there are a few surprises in the works. Possibly a multipart lord/ sorcerer model and dark apostle.

Very sceptical of new chosen or new bikes.

Sorcerer is very likely. There was a rumor picture that strongly resembles the current metal sorcerer backpack.

• Sonoftherubric21 likes this

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,542 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Haven't seen anyone really focus on it but... The fact that the chaos terminators sometimes have the melee and shooty weapons left to right and some times right to left, is very interesting to me. Lots of "handedness" conversion issues solved in the future maybe?
What signature?

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,624 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Haven't seen anyone really focus on it but... The fact that the chaos terminators sometimes have the melee and shooty weapons left to right and some times right to left, is very interesting to me. Lots of "handedness" conversion issues solved in the future maybe?

Or created depending on what kind of bitz you have available. If all you have are right handed shooty weapons and the melee weapon you want is right handed as well it's a problem again. ^^

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

17 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 15 guests, 1 anonymous users

MistaGav