Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos Space Marines - Range Refresh

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1782 replies to this topic

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,314 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

A small thing, but something that jumped out at me was:

or butcher cannon-armed Contemptor Dreadnoughts…

How often do articles about mainstream GW releases acknowledge the existence of Forgeworld models?

Regularly. ^^

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,628 posts

Hey guys, did you know the Night Lords affected enemy Leadership? Well just in case you didn't here is fifteen more ways for them to affect enemy leadership. Boy! They sure are so scary because they affect enemy Leadership. Did we mention that there are new stratagems that give minuses to enemy Leadership? Because there are! Did you also know that the Nightlords use Raptors, Warptalons and... Literally NOTHING else?! That's right! It's all Keyword: JUMP PACKS all the time for these TERROR troops of the Chaos Marines!

p.s. BOO!

In all seriousness, they had the tools to debuff Ld, they should've bought in something like Talent for Murder from the Heresy (+1 to hit & wound if they outnumber) or a different rule to represent dirty fighting.

The new models absolutely shine in the NL scheme though, it's perfect for them. Always dug them as a Chaos force.

• Gederas, shandwen, Aeternus and 5 others like this

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,595 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

Yeah GW do like running ideas to extream.... look at Sisters beta 'dex with ways of ignoring moral (something like 8 different ways)

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

MyD4rkPassenger

MyD4rkPassenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 319 posts
  • Faction: Chaos/Imperium

Hey guys, did you know the Night Lords affected enemy Leadership? Well just in case you didn't here is fifteen more ways for them to affect enemy leadership. Boy! They sure are so scary because they affect enemy Leadership. Did we mention that there are new stratagems that give minuses to enemy Leadership? Because there are! Did you also know that the Nightlords use Raptors, Warptalons and... Literally NOTHING else?! That's right! It's all Keyword: JUMP PACKS all the time for these TERROR troops of the Chaos Marines!

p.s. BOO!

In all seriousness, they had the tools to debuff Ld, they should've bought in something like Talent for Murder from the Heresy (+1 to hit & wound if they outnumber) or a different rule to represent dirty fighting.

The new models absolutely shine in the NL scheme though, it's perfect for them. Always dug them as a Chaos force.

Wholeheartedly agree.  The one time I managed to get a major morale debuff on a big unit my opponent spent the CP to auto pass the morale...wheee.

I guess since I don't have to buy any new models or change my list to get this detachment and its bonuses, it's technically a net positive?

• Lord Nord likes this
gallery_63428_7083_6894.pngX2Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png WHTV40kListsHeader Custodes

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,053 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion
Consider as well it lets you add some morale shenanigans to a non-NL army, which could be fun.

Dragonlover

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,474 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels and Black Legion
To be fair, leadership debuffs aren't anything to sneeze at with the widespread lack of Fearless-type rules this edition. Warp Talons are still trash though.

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 549 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω

or butcher cannon-armed Contemptor Dreadnoughts…

How often do articles about mainstream GW releases acknowledge the existence of Forgeworld models?

That jumped out at me - I didn't know Chaos Contemptor's could take Butcher cannons. The link goes to the Decimator Deamon engine.
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 763 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

To be fair, leadership debuffs aren't anything to sneeze at with the widespread lack of Fearless-type rules this edition. Warp Talons are still trash though.

Agree to disagree. I think the initial morale and leadership changes were quite good and on the right track to how morale could affect larger units/hordes rather than just weapons alone. However, there are so many ways now to negate it for players affected through special rules (ATSKNF, stubborn-like rules etc), orders, strategems, auras and finally simple command re-rolls.

GW were on the right track with leadership changes but as usual as editions and rules changes the initial design philosophy gets lost in the bloat. Pretty much why NL and WB chapter tactics are seen as a minor aid.

• Son of Carnelian, shandwen, MyD4rkPassenger and 1 other like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,532 posts

or butcher cannon-armed Contemptor Dreadnoughts…

That jumped out at me - I didn't know Chaos Contemptor's could take Butcher cannons. The link goes to the Decimator Deamon engine.

Per Forge World, Chaos Contemptor Butcher Cannons are just special Autocannons. You could kitbash Butcher Cannons from the Decimator ones though, which would probably look pretty sweet now that I think of it....

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,595 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

Yeah sorry I realized I was working off my own erroneous assumption from yesterday that they'd be doing multiple articles a day.

Dragonlover

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-3/

I think we were all wrong!!

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,049 posts

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-3/

I think we were all wrong!!

I suspect this might be damage control because the images were datamined. It makes no sense for them to put Renegades at the end of the Index and release the article now.

Edited by DeadFingers, 20 March 2019 - 03:50 PM.

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,313 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)

They only showed up one stratagem for the Host. Maybe there's more? Maybe we'll get the 3d6 charge one from the BAs ported over?

A guy can dream.

Loyalist armies get our stuff, not the other way around man.

That Purge strategem is classy though...

Edited by Trevak Dal, 20 March 2019 - 04:06 PM.

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Ranwulf

Ranwulf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 999 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Space Wolves

CSMRenegades-Mar20-RaidersMaelstrom2so.j

This is something I think the community has been begging for a while. More command points for using an army selection. I could see this working with say, Deathwing.

Ran

• shandwen and NTaW like this
"You must know your enemy to defeat them, Colonel"
Captain Gabriel Angelos of the Blood Ravens 3rd Company.

"I CONTROL THE WORLD ITSELF! BEHOLD AS YOUR SOLDIERS FALL UNDER HIS MIGHTY JAW!"
Torin, Master of Runes of the Space Wolves.

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,033 posts

So....point of note.... 

*WHY* are the *RENEGADES* better across the board for rules then the dang TRAITOR LEGIONS?!?!?!  

Is this a "new" rules thing is better then the old rules they don't want to change thing? 

• Marshal Loss, Juggernut, shandwen and 2 others like this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,761 posts
Red Corsairs. For clarity (poorly me)

Does it mean if I take a battalion and include 3 CSM things I get 8 command points instead of 5?
  • adreal likes this

MyD4rkPassenger

MyD4rkPassenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 319 posts

So....point of note.... 

*WHY* are the *RENEGADES* better across the board for rules then the dang TRAITOR LEGIONS?!?!?!  

Is this a "new" rules thing is better then the old rules they don't want to change thing? 

I was just discussing with my local crew that the difference in when these traits were written is obscenely evident.  It seems half baked to not update the legion traits while adding to the renegades.  As a NL player I feel like the guy who bought a raffle ticket, and then the guy immediately behind me wins when he buys his.  Very happy for the renegade players and this is pushing me to actually painting up my extra Dark Vengeance marines as Crimson Slaughter and expanding that force!

• shandwen and Sonoftherubric21 like this
gallery_63428_7083_6894.pngX2Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png WHTV40kListsHeader Custodes

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,135 posts
Get Huron for renegades, just ignore a new Abbadon just dropping by. Nah GW just nah.

Ranwulf

Ranwulf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 999 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Space Wolves

CSMRenegades-Mar20-MomentsPeace1sn.jpg

This one is a bit confusing, do you get the command point on a 5+ and the passing of morale, or is 5+ command point, and even if you fail you still get to pass morale tests?

Ran

• MyD4rkPassenger likes this
"You must know your enemy to defeat them, Colonel"
Captain Gabriel Angelos of the Blood Ravens 3rd Company.

"I CONTROL THE WORLD ITSELF! BEHOLD AS YOUR SOLDIERS FALL UNDER HIS MIGHTY JAW!"
Torin, Master of Runes of the Space Wolves.

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,313 posts

Red Corsairs. For clarity (poorly me)

Does it mean if I take a battalion and include 3 CSM things I get 8 command points instead of 5?

As a trade-off you don't have access to veterans of the longwar.

I think it's you get the command point and are immune to moral until the end of the turn.

Edited by Trevak Dal, 20 March 2019 - 04:08 PM.

• Prot likes this

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,053 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion
Well, wasn't expecting that today! Also wasn't expecting them to take the Crimson Slaughter in that direction, although it makes sense now I think about it.

I'm also glad the Purge stratagem exists, I'm amazed it's not been done yet.

Dragonlover
  • shandwen likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,314 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

These Renegade rules are just insult to injury for Night Lords players lol

• Marshal Loss, shandwen, MyD4rkPassenger and 1 other like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

MyD4rkPassenger

MyD4rkPassenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 319 posts

CSMRenegades-Mar20-MomentsPeace1sn.jpg

This one is a bit confusing, do you get the command point on a 5+ and the passing of morale, or is 5+ command point, and even if you fail you still get to pass morale tests?

Ran

I believe that it is an effect that will happen regardless of if you get the 5+ or not if the intent of the flavor text is to be believed.

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,313 posts
Again, the renegade rules are pretty awesome (like that Fallen might be a legal "rule of 3" army...might go that route...if they don't bungle things) but they don't have access to Vets of the Longwar.

Though I bet money it is going up in points.

The Purge is the only Nurgle-related thing I've ever liked. And that strat is classy as heck. Billy the cultist and his lock-in-a-sock buddies are fighting Primarch Guilliman, and he's really whomping them hard. I'd be a shame if Guilliman suddenly didn't have invulnerable saves and ate a crap ton of plasma shots."

Edited by Trevak Dal, 20 March 2019 - 04:14 PM.

• shandwen likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,628 posts

Hooooly crap the Red Corsairs are insane!

8 CP for a Battallion of Chaos Marines. Totally awesome.

HAHAHAHA The Fallen are awesome too. Heresy Dark Angel count-as says HELLO!

Edited by Charlo, 20 March 2019 - 04:14 PM.

• shandwen and Shinespider like this

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,313 posts
At a loss of Veterans of the Longwar. And taking chaos Marines (which I don't mind. I got into chaos space Marines to not play the disgruntled imperial citizens alliance)

That souped up combimelta would be classy on a Terminator Lord (or sorcerer) with the beta Bolter rules

Edited by Trevak Dal, 20 March 2019 - 04:17 PM.

• Vanger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users