Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos Space Marines - Range Refresh

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1782 replies to this topic

Mallios

Mallios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 96 posts
  • Faction: CSM

Question.

Abaddon returns, can't take Vigilus as it'd cause too many issues.

How's the big bad supposed to win and yet lose as he has too?..

Any thoughts?

Abaddon goes on to overthrow Terra. Now Chaos Space Marines are defending the title.
"Imperium" armies switch to guerilla tactics. Demons attack Terra because Abaddon never picked a god and so they are all trying to overthrow him.
Xenos as usual.
Status Quo maintained.

Those are mine.
  • RavenLord693 and SwashBuccaneer like this

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,927 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

Fall of Vigilus perfectly setups the return of another primarch or something, as the imperium will be supremely censored.gif.

Imagine the stories told of the Imperium Nihilus where everything is the "wild west", lawless and anarchic. I'd totally be down to see that.

However, we're kind of getting off topic - let's bring it back to the Chaos update, eh? msn-wink.gif
  • Doctor Perils, Shinespider and 01RTB01 like this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,935 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
Just look at that gorget... that sexy, sexy gorget...

Also, there's a gap between his left foot and greave - could this mean more leg poseability?!
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

*Desperately searches for the Chain Glaive from the Daemon Engine*

• caladancid likes this

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,182 posts

I am hoping for 2 of each weapon. 

I can see buying 2-3 of this kit *EASILY* 

Combine that with 3 or so of the new chaos marines....oooooooo boy this is gonna get pricey quick. 

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

What the heck is this?

It's beautiful, that's what it is. I was really hoping that Primaris get such kind of unit but I'm just as happy for CSM to get it. My body is SO ready for some brrrrrrrrrrrrt!

• firestorm40k likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,339 posts

I'm still holding out hope that Primaris will get such brrrt units

For now, Conbrrrrrrrrrtatulations to the filthy heretics to having gotten one.

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 418 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons
After determig that I don’t actually need anything I the box set if I ever actually play, and seeing this lovely gent, I will be holding out for a couple boxes of havocs.

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts
He ain’t got time to bleed.

<spit>

Awesome looking havoc!
  • mithrilforge, Burni, firestorm40k and 2 others like this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,242 posts

<spit>

Awesome looking havoc!

He’s a Khorne dammed sexual carnasaurus
  • mithrilforge, firestorm40k, Reyner and 5 others like this

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 809 posts
So beside Havocs and Terminators, what other new kits are we getting?

Speculation time! :D

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,109 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

<spit>

Awesome looking havoc!

He’s a Khorne dammed sexual carnasaurus

That settles it this Havoc is named Blaine.
  • Burni, Brokejaw Gutripper and Vykes like this

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 972 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
I'm still holding out hope for new possessed to go with the Greater Possessed
  • RedFox and balordazul like this
Imperial Guard - Elysians and Krieg --- Knight House Hartwick --- Watch Company Cygnus
sDn55VZ.png

Lord Castellan of the Mighty Astra Militarum (Until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

So let's suppose that this Sunday Abaddon is announced for preorder. Will he come alone, with Vigilus 2, or with some more CSM? I'm thinking we'll see some other preview before the end of the week, but the bulk of it will be shown at GAMA starting next Monday and after it. Of course, this is all assuming Abaddon will follow Shadowspear closely, but even if we have to wait some more, I still see GAMA as prime CSM reveal territory. AdeptiCon would be too far.

Edited by DeadFingers, 05 March 2019 - 08:24 PM.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Speculation time! biggrin.png

Well we do already know about regular Chaos Marines. What else do we actually need? Raptors and Warp Talons already are rather new. Chosen I guess?

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,776 posts

The New Dark Apostle is on the front page of the Vigius book, holding his burning book which matches the rumour engine.

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

HandsWithLegs

HandsWithLegs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 287 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Speculation time! biggrin.png

Well we do already know about regular Chaos Marines. What else do we actually need? Raptors and Warp Talons already are rather new. Chosen I guess?

I've seen people asking for possessed, and a few of the daemon engines like the defiler are looking real old these days

gallery_48988_15465_43209.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

Chosen and a proper kit for Cultists would be nice, but I'm not hopeful for those. Bikers and the Defiler are the oldest ones left, and I sure would love a new kit for Possessed that matches the Greater Possessed, but that's on the same camp as Chosen for me. And while a Venomcrawler kit is a given, I sure hope they don't pull a Dark Vengeance with the Obliterators.

And the tanks ain't going anywhere.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,779 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

I really want new Possessed simply because they'll look stupid alongside the new models. Would much prefer a Possessed kit to Chosen in fact, they are far more visually distinct.

Anyway, this is all marvelous, and heralds a dark new era for my wallet. Can't wait to see the back of that abhorrent old Dark Apostle model too.

• Scribe, DeadFingers and LetsYouDown like this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,828 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

Anyway, this is all marvelous, and heralds a dark new era for my wallet.

Indeed so, mine cowers in fear already. I'm going to catalog anything I can sell from ANY of my other hobbies to try and offset the absolute destruction that is incoming.

• Marshal Loss likes this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts

Hahaha they gave us chosen in a starter set .... oh oops.  

Jokes aside I'm glad to see what looks to be a hades AC in havocs.  I did have hopes that GW would have done something more with ectoplasma weapons in a similar way they did with Grav for SM.

Right now most of the CSM range is really old and the options have not changed.  Getting new options in these units is key to incentivizing customers to buy new kits.  

I don't follow the rule of cool unless it is something that is interesting like a character.  I'm in 40k for the lore and the game and don't focus on 40k as a collectable range to clutter shelves.  

I started playing CSM in 4th doing a Death Guard army as they were challenging and fun but were one of the weaker armies inside that codex.  I had a fully painted army with a wide range of units by the end of 5th.  I had gotten to the point that there really was not much to add or change to my army as I had most all options that I personally would ever play with.  The 8th ed Death Guard release did something wonderful providing new option in those kits that I never had before.  This incentivizing me to go buy almost a full new army.  I love my old DG and like their look a lot better than the stomach mouth goofiness of the new ones but the options and change in game play is wonderful.  

I hope GW can add more life into the refreshing of the kits vs a simple visual update. 

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts

Question.

Abaddon returns, can't take Vigilus as it'd cause too many issues.

How's the big bad supposed to win and yet lose as he has too?..

Any thoughts?

Beacuase in all this chaos hype everyone seems to have completely forgotten that genestealer cult uprisings are the herald for something alot scarier.

• FlamingDeth and Juggernut like this

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,828 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

New options sure helps, but I can tell you, they could add ZERO new options, and I would still buy multiple of any new CSM kit from this list.

Bikes

Havocs

CSM Troops

Berzerkers

The old range has been OLD for decades, LITERAL DECADES. 

These updates could be injected straight into my veins for all its doing to get me interested in the hobby side again. :D

• Marshal Loss and Magpie Knight like this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

I really want new Possessed simply because they'll look stupid alongside the new models. Would much prefer a Possessed kit to Chosen in fact, they are far more visually distinct.

Anyway, this is all marvelous, and heralds a dark new era for my wallet. Can't wait to see the back of that abhorrent old Dark Apostle model too.

Funnily enough, after being disappointed with the treatment of Chosen since Dark Vengeance and being very vocal about it, I wholeheartedly agree with this. With the new CSM, Havocs, and other kits, it'll be extremely easy to kitbash some Chosen. Add new Greater-Possessed-style bits from a new kit into the mix and they'll fit right in with the DV Chosen.

Edited by DeadFingers, 05 March 2019 - 08:50 PM.

• balordazul and Filkarion like this

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,722 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
Insane, man. Such a great time to be a heretic. So glad I sold all the old sculpts off in preparation.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users