Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos Space Marines - Range Refresh

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1782 replies to this topic

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Question.

Abaddon returns, can't take Vigilus as it'd cause too many issues.

How's the big bad supposed to win and yet lose as he has too?..

Any thoughts?

Beacuase in all this chaos hype everyone seems to have completely forgotten that genestealer cult uprisings are the herald for something alot scarier.

The GSC uprising started early because of all the stuff happening on the planet right now though. It's not like the Tyranids are right around the corner this time. ;)

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

Chosen and a proper kit for Cultists would be nice, but I'm not hopeful for those. Bikers and the Defiler are the oldest ones left, and I sure would love a new kit for Possessed that matches the Greater Possessed, but that's on the same camp as Chosen for me. And while a Venomcrawler kit is a given, I sure hope they don't pull a Dark Vengeance with the Obliterators.

And the tanks ain't going anywhere.

Yeah despite the clear degradation of the tank molds I don't see new ones coming until old marines get a refresh and I don't see that happening 30k is on second edition and Primaris marines have a few more waves.

Question.

Abaddon returns, can't take Vigilus as it'd cause too many issues.

How's the big bad supposed to win and yet lose as he has too?..

Any thoughts?

Beacuase in all this chaos hype everyone seems to have completely forgotten that genestealer cult uprisings are the herald for something alot scarier.

The GSC uprising started early because of all the stuff happening on the planet right now though. It's not like the Tyranids are right around the corner this time. msn-wink.gif

That just explains why they haven't shown up already.

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,066 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Believe were still getting a sorcerer?

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts

Believe were still getting a sorcerer?

There was the old rumor engine pic of what is fairly obvious an updated version of an old sorcerer backpack. Nothing beyond that at the moment.

This havoc is look awesome, I might have buy a few boxes.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Akylas

Akylas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 504 posts
I see GW has figured out how to relieve me of my tax refund.

I'm looking forward to the whole release but i think I'm most excited about new chaos marines and havoc. I'll be getting multiple boxes of those.

Nice timing to build for the next ETL, too. :D

Edited by Akylas, 05 March 2019 - 09:19 PM.

gallery_48988_15465_18945.png gallery_48988_10069_16388.pngakylas.pnggallery_29004_6198_1186.pnggallery_29004_9303_5600.pnggallery_29004_10383_9315.png

Amon777

Amon777

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 95 posts

Just want point out that the venom crawler has flamers here and in the data sheet it is a different weapon. So when the main kit comes out we might be getting a good number of options with that unit.

Two bale flamers please :)

40kAbaddon-Mar5-VenomCrawlerArt11rhvdfg.

My guess the flamer option is what this leak is

https://www.warhamme...-february-2019/
  • Ammonius and balordazul like this

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 252 posts

Just want point out that the venom crawler has flamers here and in the data sheet it is a different weapon. So when the main kit comes out we might be getting a good number of options with that unit.

Two bale flamers please smile.png

My guess the flamer option is what this leak is

https://www.warhamme...-february-2019/

Actually, it looks exactly like excruciator cannons from Shadowspear model, but they have no autohits, hmmmm.

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 425 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons
Possessed, to me are like chaos spawn. It’s an excuse to convert anyway. Greater possessed are exciting for the same reason. Let the creativity flow!

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 252 posts

92af2418f0e775b97828000e6db129b8afd641b8

So it looks like Havocs are on 40 mm bases.

• Juggernut, DiscipleOfTheWord and Brother-serpent Tylydox like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,456 posts

He needs those extra mm for that wide stance. Gotta keep his balance while firing that gun. biggrin.png

I just noticed the little gap between the boot and the greave. Seems like a separate piece. I wonder why.

Edited by DeadFingers, 05 March 2019 - 10:51 PM.

• Vanger and Sarges like this

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,603 posts

He needs those extra mm for that wide stance. Gotta keep his balance while firing that gun. :D

I just noticed the little gap between the boot and the greave. Seems like a separate piece. I wonder why.

Maybe different feet like Raptors so they don't look the same?

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 252 posts

I hope it's some alternate build.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,456 posts

Maybe different feet like Raptors so they don't look the same?

But the Raptors' separate feet exist because they're a dual kit with Warp Talons, which have, well, talons. It seems Havocs are now their own kit without borrowing from the CSM one, so why separate feet?

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,439 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
Probably a Photoshop error. I'd be surprised if the feet were actually separate.
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,067 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

The taloned foot looks like it's designed to help the marine anchor himself in order to resist the recoil of his weapon. Perhaps there are non-taloned feet for assault weapons and taloned feet for heavy weapons? That would make some sense to me. Just a theory though. Could just be a quirk resulting from the way they had to fit parts on the sprues.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 05 March 2019 - 11:02 PM.

• Doctor Perils likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)

Two bale flamers please smile.png

Yeah that model needs baleflamers or can sit on the shelf imo.

Edited by Brother Casman, 06 March 2019 - 11:51 AM.
Removed swear filter dodge

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,808 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

unknown.png

Dark Apostle located.

Saw that whilst listning to one of the songs from the greatest showman and burst out laughing. Hugh Jackman will be my next Dark Apostle
  • Honda and Reyner like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,987 posts

unknown.png

Dark Apostle located.

Saw that whilst listning to one of the songs from the greatest showman and burst out laughing. Hugh Jackman will be my next Dark Apostle

Anyone look at the guy above him in the background. Who is that? The mop?
banana

AceofCase

AceofCase

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

I'm just hoping for new terminators to go along with the new Abaddon. I don't think it's likely, but they're going to look a little silly next to him now. 

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

I really want new Possessed simply because they'll look stupid alongside the new models. Would much prefer a Possessed kit to Chosen in fact, they are far more visually distinct.

Anyway, this is all marvelous, and heralds a dark new era for my wallet. Can't wait to see the back of that abhorrent old Dark Apostle model too.

Hoping for a new kit too (more especially new rules) but you could always use gal vorbak models if it doesn't happen
  • Magos Takatus likes this

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,603 posts

I'm just hoping for new terminators to go along with the new Abaddon. I don't think it's likely, but they're going to look a little silly next to him now.

We've seen multiple pictures from the rumor engine of terminator bits. They're coming.
  • AceofCase, balordazul and General Strike like this

KaosRaptor

KaosRaptor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 477 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

+EDIT+ Already covered, I'm blind blush.png 

I haven't been this excited for a GW release......ever. Abaddon, Havocs, and Terminators....oh my!

Edited by KaosRaptor, 06 March 2019 - 01:46 AM.

• Nemesor Tyriks likes this

Laughingman

Laughingman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 618 posts

The minigun thing reminds me of a proteus class rotor cannon, that some warpsmith got their hands on and did unspeakable things too...

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,924 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Goodwin did mention the ability to do multiple levels of Possessed now in a range similar to that of basic CSM (something like Lesser Possessed -> Possessed -> Greater Possessed -> ... -> ... -> Super Ultimate Possessed) "if they wanted to" in the VoxCast segment, and since he's concepting so far out, I'm thinking that simply mentioning it like that means that somewhere the idea is already floated or being realized.

I really like that Havoc and his taloned feet, but does anyone else get the impression that the bores on those barrels aren't quite big enough for the rounds that are depicted on the belts going into the weapon?
  • Doctor Perils and D3L like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,439 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
The rounds look necked so I don't think it'll be a problem. The actual projectile looks like it's half the width of the casing.
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users