Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos Space Marines - Range Refresh

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1782 replies to this topic

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,921 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

The rounds look necked so I don't think it'll be a problem. The actual projectile looks like it's half the width of the casing.

While I agree regarding the rounds the nearest the weapon, as you go down the belt toward the back, especially on the lower belt, they definitely lose that quality (they almost appear to actually get fatter, like the rounds are pudgy from hanging low).

It's not a big deal, just funny - it's a Chaos model, so I am more accepting of odd and quirky stuff on them than say the "springboard/skid plate feet" of the Inceptors/Suppressors. After all, the mag well/belt feed area almost looks like a maw, so it's almost like it's "eating" them into the weapon.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts

Probably a Photoshop error. I'd be surprised if the feet were actually separate.

It's the armour plate on the shin that is seperate. Look how the banding runs the sides of the leg.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome, 06 March 2019 - 05:11 AM.

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,084 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Wonder if that venom crawler will be the only new daemon engine model we get, would really love to get a new Defiler model after all Abaddon was the one responsible for them being created. What better way for Abaddon to return than with a new Defiler model ready to defile the imperium. The Venom crawler is nice but just lacking in menace it needs a big cannon or something
  • DiscipleOfTheWord likes this
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 398 posts

I dont know how to post pictures but zooming in on the Vigilus that MOP above the dark apostle is wearing a hood not a horned helmet. 

Xwingt65

Xwingt65

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,396 posts
  • Faction: HH Hobby Bee.

The taloned foot looks like it's designed to help the marine anchor himself in order to resist the recoil of his weapon. Perhaps there are non-taloned feet for assault weapons and taloned feet for heavy weapons? That would make some sense to me. Just a theory though. Could just be a quirk resulting from the way they had to fit parts on the sprues.

Designed? I am guessing the armor has changed from warp exposure, more than actual design.
13.jpg

The 40k fluff explained to an outsider:

Some space elves got really into drugs and sex and a big scary monster got born that ate them.
A space wizard got beaten up by a guy who said he was his friend but wasn't and now he's on a life support machine and people worship him because he was super awesome.
Now there are giant men with rocket launcher machine guns and 4 hearts and are really super awesome who beat up everything.
Also there's a bunch of aliens but they don't really do anything and aren't as cool as the rocket machine gun super men, so who cares?

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,054 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

The taloned foot looks like it's designed to help the marine anchor himself in order to resist the recoil of his weapon. Perhaps there are non-taloned feet for assault weapons and taloned feet for heavy weapons? That would make some sense to me. Just a theory though. Could just be a quirk resulting from the way they had to fit parts on the sprues.

Designed? I am guessing the armor has changed from warp exposure, more than actual design.

Obviously. I'd like to hope you know what I meant; mutations often reflect the role played by the marine in question. Terminators get horns and tusks to reflect their bestial power. Raptors get taloned avian style feet to represent their role as aerial predators. Etc, etc. Why not a mutation for marines who use heavy weapons to anchor them in place?

• Juggernut, Doctor Perils, Shinespider and 1 other like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Astral_Jackal

Astral_Jackal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion

40kAbaddon-Mar5-BlackLegionArt12uvfhjkb.

ummmmmmmmmmmm, this image has been in the Chaos Space Marine codex since it came out. I think that none of these "flyers" will ever be revealed as models. they look too large anyway

Show your mercy and he shall one day seek vengeance upon you for petty, imagined slight. Mercy is therefore a weakness; a crime wanting to be born.

Mercy I have long since expunged, from both myself and my legion.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,112 posts

Certainly getting pulled into the Chaos hype again... While I by no means can justify buying any more models (I'd list the armies but cba) good lawd I am tempted. Maybe I'll do a Nurgle-influenced Daemonkin within' Black Legion, using the DG Daemon engines for support that I bought as part of one non-starter project...

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,211 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls

Fall of Vigilus perfectly setups the return of another primarch or something, as the imperium will be supremely :cuss.

I think they will wait until Vigilus falls. The Imperium will be reeling and then suddenly -

THE KHAN! (Comes running out the webway to Stone Cold Steve Austins intro music)

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,676 posts

Fall of Vigilus perfectly setups the return of another primarch or something, as the imperium will be supremely censored.gif.

I think they will wait until Vigilus falls. The Imperium will be reeling and then suddenly -

THE KHAN! (Comes running out the webway to Stone Cold Steve Austins intro music)

Yeah, like we'll actually get the Khan before the Lion or Russ :lol:

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,166 posts
https://regimental-s...-the-despoiler/

Does anybody else think we are being teased for the return of EC at the end of this article? It's a funny read anyway but after all the downplaying of BL in the back story would they really do it again?

I think a lot of hints and pointers show EC are likely before WE now but both are certainly on the way at some stage. It would be sweet if 2019 was the year of chaos before Sisters arrive to clean up the mess
  • Bulwyf likes this

Skerr

Skerr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 856 posts
Just a guess but I expect new chaos termies to go on pre order the same day Abby does. Abby without termies is like... well you know.

If there are new termies why not release side by side with the big man?
  • Prot and Juggernut like this

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts
I was thinking about it and there is no way they designed only two new "greater" possessed models. A new possessed box is 99% coming imo...

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,054 posts

I really hope you're right.

bRxSYDV.png

Antarius

Antarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 983 posts

Just a guess but I expect new chaos termies to go on pre order the same day Abby does. Abby without termies is like... well you know.
If there are new termies why not release side by side with the big man?

they didn't release the Deathshroud along with Mortarion either, even though they're his iconic bodyguard.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping for new termies as well (and asap!) and I'm sure they'll be out shortly after/before Abaddon, but I don't think GW will feel bound to release them on the exact same day.

"The Bolter is the truth. It is the gift given to us by the Emperor for our valour. With it we are whole. Without it we are diminished." - Book of Aphael, verse 42.

CMDR_Welles

CMDR_Welles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 462 posts

Even for people that have a lot of havocs like myself this would be enough for me to buy a new box.

There is no "enough"

In the far future, there is only more
  • Celtic_cauldron, Marqol, Sonoftherubric21 and 1 other like this

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,319 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Shadow

With the Havoks being shown to have at least 1 new weapon I have to wonder what new weapons will other units get? Not just in terms of new for the kit but new for the unit. I base my theories on the two Heresy tactical squads, Heresy and Deathwing Terminators and the Devastator box. This is all pure conjecture.

- "Tactical" Squad will have the standard 1 flamer/melta/plasma special weapon, and both a Heavy Bolter and Autocannon for anti-infantry and anti-vehicle/monster respectively. it may also have the option to give each Marine a CCW in addition to their bolter or swap the Bolter for a Bolt Pistol/Chainsword combo. Aspiring Champion will have a chainsword, power sword, bolt or plasma pistol and power fist/lightning claw. Also option for someone to carry the Icon.

- Havoks will have the option for Heavy Bolters, but the kit will not include any. Instead they will have the "rotor cannon". Therefore the Havok squad will be a 5-man kit with 2x rotor cannons, 2x Lascannons, 2x Missile Launchers, and 3 pairs of 3 other weapons I cannot think of. Perhaps man portable baleflamers, ectoplasma cannons and...another new gun?

- Terminators stand to gain the most from the new design and sprue-making processes. I fully expect a power weapon for each terminator, 5x lightning claw pairs, 3x power fists, 2x chainfists, options to build combi-weapons (3 pairs of plasma, melta and flamer), an icon bearer, reaper autocannon and heavy flamer, and maybe a unique weapon or two for the Aspiring Champion.

Again I must stress this is pure speculation based on the options in the above mentioned kits as they are the newest variations of the closest analogue to the new kits. Will GW release kits with so many spare parts/options when latest trends don't seem to match that philosophy? Will I be utterly wrong? Only time will tell.

• Celtic_cauldron likes this

Wyzariel

Wyzariel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 68 posts
When do you all reckon we will know the full list of releases for CSM? Really need to know to determine how many organs I need to sell.

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 590 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

When do you all reckon we will know the full list of releases for CSM? Really need to know to determine how many organs I need to sell.

Death Guard release was before my time. How much time separated all those releases, anyone know? Like how much time passed between Morty and Death Shroud for example?

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,835 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
The full deathguard release took...7 or 8 months? From dark imperium, through their official release which drip fed 2 kits a week, into easy to build Blight haulers

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts

I base my theories on the two Heresy tactical squads, Heresy and Deathwing Terminators and the Devastator box.

I’m sad to say that I think this is your critical point of failure.

Once upon a time I’d have said your guess was pretty reasonable, if a little optimistic on the Terminators front. But then, once upon a time GW made kits that helped the hobbyist and gave people what they wanted. Now is the era of multi-part, but mono-pose kits that look great... once. If you want to have more than one infantry squad, prepare to have your guys look in the mirror.

Don’t be surprised if the CSM Squad kit comes with something like not enough bolters to make a squad (so some models have to have pistol/chainswords), and exactly one armament loadout for the Champion.

Havocs we might get lucky and have you be correct; the way they’ve done the Devestators is sort of the only way for the kit to work. Don’t expect any more than one loadout for the Champion, though.

For the Terminators, expect to get maybe ten close combat weapons with like 2 pairs of claws, 3 fists, 4 power weapons and a mutation, plus maybe a special version of something for the Champion. On the guns side, expect maybe 4 combi-bolters and one each of the combi-plas/melta/flamer, plus a Reaper Autocannon and Heavy Flamer.

Across all kits though, expect there to be only one set of bodies that can’t cross-pollinate. So Torso A goes with Legs A and Legs A only, Torso B goes with Legs B etc.

Gods I hate what GW has become. I’m begging to be proven wrong and shown to be an unkind cynic, but I’d put money on my being at least mostly correct.

Edit: Oh, and if we are getting a new Chaos Codex, expect it to take an axe to any loadout on every unit that doesn’t have a specific new model for it. The Havocs box didn’t happen to include a Missile Launcher this time? Well that’s now an illegal option. No power maul in the Terminators box? :cuss outta luck mate, you can only use axes or swords now. Aspiring Champion model only has options for a Chainaxe and Plasma Pistol? Well, guess what every Aspiring Champion in your army now has to be armed with?

Edited by kombatwombat, 07 March 2019 - 04:11 AM.

• Lexington, Interrogator Stobz, Trevak Dal and 1 other like this

Laughingman

Laughingman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 618 posts

It probably will never actually be illegal, but will require you to use index/old codex point costs that will never be updated and gradually become irrelevant...

I wonder what else they will include in the new havoc kit, Maybe warp corrupted Volkite weaponry? Man portable conversion beamers?

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,319 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Shadow

One of us will be 100% correct kombatwombat. There will be no half way, nor a sort of correct.

Either Chaos will get maximum options (as per my prediction) or no options (as per yours).

I want to be right, but I put way more faith in your prediction (and that is after my coffee kicked in).

• Trevak Dal likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,054 posts

If we go by what we saw in the Death Guard release (e.g. Blightlords), you will most certainly not see 3 pairs of combi-weapons, etc, in a Terminator box. I think we should keep our expectations low as on this front GW continually disappoints.

• Trevak Dal, Plaguecaster, SickSix and 1 other like this

bRxSYDV.png

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,578 posts

https://regimental-s...-the-despoiler/

Does anybody else think we are being teased for the return of EC at the end of this article? It's a funny read anyway but after all the downplaying of BL in the back story would they really do it again?

I think a lot of hints and pointers show EC are likely before WE now but both are certainly on the way at some stage. It would be sweet if 2019 was the year of chaos before Sisters arrive to clean up the mess

I was told over a year ago that the once all the existing armies from 7th got their codexes that EC and WE would eventually get their own codex in 8th so each Chaos god would have their codex. I'm still praying this holds up and EC is the first out.

40kDGBanner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users