Strange discussion, is there even a right and/or wrong here?
Some would want the new miniatures, some won't.
Obviously it depends on what you already own and how much you like the new/dislike the old.
I've played CSM for 15 years and I own about 12.000 pts of CSM.
Most of this is split into a World Eaters army, a Thousand Sons army, and a bunch of model's (mostly old metal minis and regular CSM's) that I no longer use due to various reasons.
I couldn't personally care less about most of the new stuff - not counting new units.
- New Chaos Terminators? Pass, my TS can't use them and my WE already have 20 of the plastic ones. I don't like these enough to even consider replacing them.
- New Chaos Space Marines? Pass, my TS can't use them and my WE don't really care about them. I already have ~50 who's just lying in a box somewhere.
- New Chaos Havocs? Pass, my TS can't use them and my WE don't really care about Havoc's. If they did, the ones I already have would make do just fine.
- New Obliterators? I'm actually moderately interested in these, and got two due to Shadowspear. Despite this however, my TS can't use them, and my WE don't really care about Obliterators. (I'm beginning to see a pattern here...)
- New Dark Apostle? Pass, my TS can't use him and my WE aren't interested since I don't like the new mini at all; I'd need both a weaponswap and a headswap. My current WE-Apostle (using the old DV-champion with 3 eyes, who's name I forgot) suits perfectly.
With that said, I can easily see why many long-term CSM-players would be all over most of the new stuff, and if I was starting a new CSM-army myself (some of the new Renegade traits look really fun - looking at you Flawless Host and The Scourged), I would be all over this release myself.
As it currently stands however, I got a Shadow-spear box, and I might get a Lord Discordant to add to my World Eaters. That's all I'm going to add.
Not because I don't like the new stuff, but because I don't feel any urge or need to buy it.
Edited by Minsc, 01 April 2019 - 04:05 AM.