Yesugei and Uriel Ventris: Possible Fate of Jaghatai Khan!

Moonreaper666

Courtesy of Tv Tropes

"During Scars, Yesugei suffers nightmares of Jaghatai battling "a spectre of the underworld on a world of ruins". After the novel's climax, the Khan is convinced Yesugei merely saw him duelling Mortarion, but Yesugei is not convinced, as in his dream, he claims he saw the Khan slain and fears he is dreaming of something still yet to come"

YOU may not realize it but Uriel has met this spectre on the same underworld!

If my prediction is true then Khan...

...never made it to Commoragh!

Because...

...he was KILLED by none other than the NIGHTBRINGER, the Star God of DEATH!

A being much more powerful than Mortarion, he would easily curbstomp Kaldor Draigo

The White Scars are going to be ANGRY at the Necrons once they have found out the truth!

Perhaps a continuance of Uriel's storyline?

Likelihood is close to nil, I think. Especially considering the heavy retcon of Star Gods in Necron lore since then.

There aren't that many 'spectres' in WH40k and considering that Khan confused Mortarion with the one in the dream, it has to be a scythe wielder

And scythe wielders are a rarity as well

It can't be Typhus since the guy is a horrible duelist (he lost to Azrael and the Dark Angel lost to Khârn)

I think you're taking the "spectre" bit too literally. In the grim darkness of this setting, every other neighbor is a sinister, unknowable force and psychopomps are a dime a dozen.

I think you're taking the "spectre" bit too literally. In the grim darkness of this setting, every other neighbor is a sinister, unknowable force and psychopomps are a dime a dozen.

The two non-scythe spectres I could think of is Ahra/Drazha and the leader of the Mandrakes

Archived