Wip-753rd Solar Chort, 186th

gallery_32985_15295_119684.jpeg

Motor pool priming... good golly these dracosans have more hard edges and shadowed areas than anything I’ve worked on... looking at almost 2 hours of priming.

gallery_32985_15295_34575.jpeg

Last 2 riflemen, 10 man Veletaris volkite and flamer squads base coated and the grenadiers are primed

Lookin' good, lionofjudah! You're right about those Dracosans, pesky things. :) As a matter of fact, I'm finding all the SA vehicles very different from Space Marine stuff. I had to adapt techniques just a bit.

gallery_32985_15295_77159.jpeg

Screwed up my work schedule so put another 45 minutes into the preshading;)

Semper, the aesthetics are completely different and I’m digging it as it seems a lil more akin to the utilitarian sort of schemes of Second World War allies paint. Straight forward and without any ostentatious additives.

I wish I had some SA decals but will make due with a sheet of dkok decals I picked up from a Japanese dude

This is seriously one of my favorite armies I’ve painted... straight from the sculptor and so full of details and flavor it’s crazy!

gallery_32985_15295_203524.jpeg

The flamers are officially some of my favorite sculpts

gallery_32985_15295_283418.jpeg

I’m really digging the layered padding and fire retardant clothing, the armored backpacks and the lil dials and doodads are great!

Now comes the fun part- washing 100 dudes with black on the armor and brown on the cloth, then a drybrush in the uniform and the padding, then I detail the metal banding rings around the arms and legs, then the lenses and lights... the. I’ll see about painting all the Aquila’s gold... then weathering and basing

I’m trying to get everything ready for my Cult of Paint workshop starting April 19!

Tired now so going to game for a few minutes and then hit the sack

The vehicles are looking great, lionofjudah, the paint scheme suits them really nicely! I'm not usually a fan of the destroyer tank aesthetic, but I agree that that Valdor is gorgeous!

As for the infantry, I would suggest trying to make the white on the veletaris helmet pop out a bit more, or highlight it a bit after the gray wash. While I see where you want to go with the weathered, gritty scheme, I think a bit brighter colour will offer a nice contrast that will make them stand out a bit more (then again, it might be the pictures slightly difuminating the colours).

The vehicles are looking great, lionofjudah, the paint scheme suits them really nicely! I'm not usually a fan of the destroyer tank aesthetic, but I agree that that Valdor is gorgeous!

As for the infantry, I would suggest trying to make the white on the veletaris helmet pop out a bit more, or highlight it a bit after the gray wash. While I see where you want to go with the weathered, gritty scheme, I think a bit brighter colour will offer a nice contrast that will make them stand out a bit more (then again, it might be the pictures slightly difuminating the colours).

Thanks for the feedback- I’m currently in batch painting mode while staging multiple builds at the same time to prepare for a CoP workshop that’s next week

• 3 weeks later...

That's a mess of Dracosans, brother. Are you sure you didn't slide a mirror in there after the second one? :lol: Seriously, nice looking designated transport stable. I'm looking forward to seeing your Carnodon.

Lol... thanks Semp. I have 2 more dracosans that aren’t assembled yet... after painting these for I may be done... carnodon is shown above for your viewing pleasure

gallery_32985_15295_103826.jpeg

Masked off initial stripes and preshading for the red gas tank... or it’ll have hazard stripes... I don’t know yet;)

It shames me to say this, but you are building and painting at a fast rate than me - and I'm working in 6mm!

Very impressive work with the airbrush, looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Brother- take your time no matter the scale... unless you paint like a snail moves... then maybe speed it up a lil;) I’d like to see what you’re working on- post a link please.

Thank you and I’m looking forward to seeing them at the end as well:)