Wip-753rd Solar Chort, 186th

Nice - I assume you are airbrushing. What gloss are you using (and are you including any thinner?)

Am always on the lookout for how other people work with this kind of stuff!

Thx Pacific- have a blast with my airbrush- badger Krome with the .4 needle, paasche d3000r at 25psi, Ammo acrylic thinner/ AK gloss varnish 50/50

What do y’all think of the burnished gold??

gallery_32985_15295_326786.jpeg

Next up for the golds is an edge hilite with gold/ironbreaker then a final one straight ironbreaker.

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing to bring out some sterling work, I like the yellow and green markings.

Thanks Pearson- the green stripe is the cohort color and the yellow stripe is for their home world of Inwit and show their affiliation with the Imperials fists.

gallery_32985_15295_264606.jpeg

Reinforcements arrives via the mail- 1 olde techpriest and 8 servitors armed with the deadly haywire launching grenade device.

Exciting times ahead ;)

Also, there’s a 1k ZM game coming soon at my LGS and I think I might be able to have that many infantry points painted up:)

....AND I scored 2 multi rapier carriages for a song so they will go in that list as well:)

Wow you wouldn't want to get on the end of that thing - makes a Churchill Crocodile look like a bic lighter by comparison!

Love the brass-coloured edging on the vehicles, think it sets off the colour really well.

Lol- absolutely man!! The Churchill at least had a regular sized barrel;) Crocodile crews knew better than to be captured by the Germans though as they were killed on sight due to the horrendous ness of the damage inflicted by the flamethrower.

The valdor is coming along- what are yalls thoughts on the neutron barrel? Should it be solid or have ‘energy beams’ inside of it writhing about waiting to be released??

gallery_32985_15295_30653.jpeg

gallery_32985_15295_249601.jpeg

gallery_32985_15295_208928.jpeg

Looking really good man, you are certainly doing justice to those beautiful Auxilia sculpts. I love how you've weathered the Carnodon in particular. I am looking forward to an army shot when you finish the infantry! 

• 2 months later...

Wanted to

Absolutely fantastic job on that tank - wouldn't look out of place at all in some military kit modelling magazines I've seen.

And good to see some of the little guys in there too! :)

Thanks pacific... I draw a lot of inspiration from the scale modeling world:)!

Wanted to reawaken this thread from its slumber.

I’ve spent last few months working on non30k materials and am coming home.

Just finished (mostly) my warhound and am starting this Stormblade for my SA.

gallery_32985_15295_200927.jpeg