Blood Angels and Vigilus 2

Panzer

The WT is very solid, yeah. The other is great too though. Re-deploying 3 of your units to deny a flank to the enemy or to gain LoS to something he tried to hide is awesome (unless you play the new CA18 missions and deploy last anyway lol).

The WT is very solid, yeah. The other is great too though. Re-deploying 3 of your units to deny a flank to the enemy or to gain LoS to something he tried to hide is awesome (unless you play the new CA18 missions and deploy last anyway lol).

Deploy 30 close combat squads 9" away from your enemy: If you get second turn just deploy them out of LOS.

Deploy 30 close combat squads 9" away from your enemy: If you get second turn just deploy them out of LOS.

It doesn't let you ignore regular deployment rules. You can't deploy a unit 9" away from your enemy if that unit can't infiltrate.

Also it seems you don't know about the CA18 missions, but if you go second you already deploy your whole army after your opponent and don't need any re-deploy shenanigans.

I'm i correct in thinking they have to be redeployed in your own deployment zone ?

Just a regular re-deploy. If the unit can't infiltrate you have to put it in your deployment zone, yeah.

Rumors aside though, the Blood Angels should be on Vigilus. Vigilus is the pathway between the two parts of the Imperium, and since Dante is the regeant of Imperium nihilus, he should be as interested on Vigilus as the Ultramarines are.

But dantes title is nothing more than an honorific and doesn't mean anything - this was stated when people (me included) asked at the vigilus defiant seminar.

I'm more interested in the next book about Dante that puts this into perspective. We have to believe he as a brilliant strategist and tactician as he is understands that Lord Guilliman's title is nothing more than a powerless one. The galaxy need heroes after all.

It would be interesting if successors show up however. Angels Sanguine, or the Blood Drinkers would fit nicely into vigilus 2.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Blood Angels and Angron with his World Eaters descend on Vigilus.

Reasons?

Khorne and BA have things to sort out with eachother.

Angron has been talked about for a while.

Makes no sense for BA to ignore Vigilus.

Abby is there. BA don't like his right hand (claw... talon).

Dante need a new model, perfect setting for making him a primaris.

There won't be Angron vs. Blood Angels on Vigilus, because they are not releasing any CC Primaris now.

Also, they are releasing new Khorne demons (for both AoS and WH40K), but no mention of releasing updated Berserkers models.

We won't see Angron at Vigilus. It's all about Abaddon this time. Any focus on Khorne is purely incidental because of the new Herald/ Skulltaker/ Shrine models coming out. My guess is a return of the "Khorne Daemonkin" in some way in the Vigilus book.

Id anything Angron will be at Armageddon again as that has become a huge Khornate hot-spot in the recent fluff.

There won't be Angron vs. Blood Angels on Vigilus, because they are not releasing any CC Primaris now.

Also, they are releasing new Khorne demons (for both AoS and WH40K), but no mention of releasing updated Berserkers models.

About new Berserker models, listen to the last few seconds of the latest Voxcast with guest Jes Goodwin... ;) Hmm, I dunno, maybe some Bzerks are coming soon? We will have to wait and see.

Voxcast

Just some classic Jes ribbing methinks.

While it's inevitable that World Eaters will eventually get the same treatment as Death Guard and 1KSons with Angron and a host of redone/ new plastics, with the main chaos refresh occuring imminently, I don't think it will be soon.

I remember reading on spikeybits in one of their rumor articles that the next campaign book after the two on Vigilus would be a Blood Angels one against Khorne.

But after listening to voxcast (GW pod) and the guys one there saying they always looked to have contrast in both colors and styles when releasing new stuff, makes me doubt of a campaign and a new box with BA vs Khorne. Its red vs red, melee vs melee.

Could be entirely new Primaris Death Company - black vs red.

Though that's so unlikely lol

I don't see them doing khorne vs blood angels, it doesn't fit with any boxed set patterns. I think any updates to BA are a long way out. If we get anything in vigilus it'll be like dark angels and just a token detachment, probably focusing on death company as at the first vigilus seminar for vigilus defiant the guy said he thought a death company detachment would be "super cool" (I can't think of many things I want less as a BA player that's barely ever used death company).

No way GW is going to turn dozens of Primaris into Deathcompany just to have a boxset against Khorne. We already had the "lets turn a whole BA company into DC and let Khârn fight them" narrative not too long ago. Repeating that but this time with Primaris and more World Eater would just be cheap and while GW aren't the best at writing good campaigns they aren't that bad. ^^

It would be also kinda lame to release the very same year Malevolence and yet another BA campaign vs Khorne. We just had Ka'Bandha on Baal, let's give the guy some rest. But on the other hand, did not stop GW from giving us three SW vs Thousand Sons books in 12 months (first Warzone Fenris in February 2016- Inferno in March 2017).

In that podcast with Jes Goodwin, he said they like to have mechanically different forces in boxed sets. Hence why the SM in Shadowspear are more character heavy and they CSM have a vehicle. So a BA vs Khorne/WE box probably isn't likely. 

I think he also said (or it was said in another Voxcast) that after the Vigilus Ablaze, there will be another campaign book covering all the forces not on Vigilus so that they can get some goodies. I would guess that either BA will play a major role in Vigilus Ablaze (which I find unlikely) or we'll be covered in that third book. 

Correct me if i am wrong, but i was under the impression that the Vigilus campaign was confirmed to be only the 2 books, Defiant and Ablaze. Was a third book confirmed at one of the seminars?

That's right, it's only two books. Whatever campaign book comes afterwards isn't Vigilus and is probably still a long time away.

Archived