Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2K Libby Dread/Astorath/Assassin !?!?

space marines blood angels adeptas astartes assassins

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

major_tom

major_tom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

Sooo, I found a list on Reddit that I've drawn inspiration from. Added an Assassin because 85pts and 1CP never looked so good!! The goal is to be respectable in all phases of the game, leaning more towards the fight phase. Lemme know whatcha think!

2000pts // 11 CPs

***OFFICIO ASSASSINORUM***

ASSASSIN

1x Imperium Assassin (85) (1CP for Operative Requisition Sanctioned)

***BATTALION DETACHMENT***

HQ

Librarian Dreadnought - w/storm bolter+furioso fist+furioso force halberd (142)

Astorath - w/bolt pistol+the executioner's axe (105)

TROOPS

Intercessor Squad (5) - w/bolt rifle+auxiliary grenade launcher (85)

Intercessor Squad (5) - w/bolt rifle+auxiliary grenade launcher (85)

Scout Squad (5) - w/boltguns

ELITES

Relic Sicaran Battle Tank - w/2x heavy bolters+twin accelerator autocannon (185)

Death Company (8) - w/4x power swords+boltguns 4x chainswords+boltguns (176)

Vanguard Veterans (8) - sergeant w/relic blade+storm shield veterans w/power fist+storm shield (224)

***BATTALION DETACHMENT***

HQ

Captain (warlord) - w/thunder hammer+storm shield+the angel's wing relic+artisan of war (129)

Captain - w/thunder hammer+storm shield

TROOPS

Scout Squad (5) - w/sniper rifles (65)

ELITES

Relic Sicaran Battle Tank - w/2x heavy bolters+twin accelerator autocannon (185)

Dreadnought - w/twin lascannon+missile launcher (120)

Dreadnought - w/twin lascannon+missile launcher (120)

First go with a Libby Dread! Excited to try some cheeky screens and hopefully punch through some flyers  >.<

I think the 15x Sniper shots forces you to deal with them, potentially pair that with a Vindicare Assassin and you can definitely body some characters. 

I also really like the Calidus! Her D6+3" deployment during any of my movement phases means you can surgically deploy her close, likely pump out D3 MW in the shooting phase, and set yourself up for a short charge.

Whenever I removed the DC for another alternative the list felt a little too light on the melee for my liking. Without them I've got 4 characters, VV squad, and maybe an Assassin for all my close combat...

I am a little concerned about my dakka. I've got 2 Dreadnoughts and 2 Sicarans, so hopefully that can put out enough wounds on high toughness targets that I can  finish up in close combat.

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,765 posts

Is your Captain not 124? Are you running the new costs for the gear? 

Also, solid list, I think.  Got everything you need. Will need to be piloted well, but i honestly feel this list is a solid all-comers.  Very very similar to something i'd play. 

Let me know if you get mileage out of Astorath! 

Also, curious to hear how you do with the fists on the vanguard.  Quite a beaty unit! 

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Zon

Zon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 63 posts

If the assassin disappoints you (which I highly doubt but still), a sang priest to roll with astorath dc and vv would make your boys murderous

we_badge_skullchaos.png Formerly Skullchaos with the fun little lambda

major_tom

major_tom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts

Apologies on the typo, both Captains should say 124pts. 

Played against my buddies Black Templars and it was a proper fist fight. He had loads of characters including a Vindicare Assassin, 1 LRC, 2 rhinos, 2 dreadnoughts, 2 VV squads, crusader squads, and some other stuff. Played an ITC mission and ended up with the W.

Astorath was pretty fun, rolled a 6 on some intercessors and the invul there came in handy. I did notice how much easier he was killed in combat compared to my Captains.

The VV did some work, but I didn't have any reallly tough targets to knock off so not sure if I can say just yet. They did pass a good amount of 3++ and were swinging in the fight phase 3 out of 6 turns, including turn 6. Honestly, I wish the squad was bigger, but I want to give this list a few more runs before tweaking anything.

I chose the Callidus to counter the Vindicare. By Turn 2 I've lost one squad of snipers but 25 shots later I've put  3 wounds into the Vindicare and my Callidus drops 5" away. She fails the charge after a CP re-roll. Vindicare point blanks her with 4 wounds and turns her into +1CP for the killing blow (bolter fire took off her first wound). Turn 3 the scouts finish the Vindicare. Overall I was really pleased with how well the scouts did, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bummer losing the Callidus, but so it goes. 

Excited to run it again and see how it does. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: space marines, blood angels, adeptas astartes, assassins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users