Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iron Hands

Iron Hands Space Marines

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 827 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Ultramarines

Trying to get back into the habit of posting my varied Warhammer projects to my site and the B&C, so here are a few finished Iron Hands I'd worked on a few months ago. The basing matches the rest of my Imperial Forces, like my Carcharodons, to tie them all together. 

I started with a Tactical Squad and Rhino, mostly using the archaic Mk3 armor for the Marines. I also added the classic Dreadnought and Terminators, both feel very appropriate for the Iron Hands. 

FoS-IronHands2019-003.jpg

FoS-IronHands2019-002.jpg

FoS-IronHands2019-005.jpg

FoS-IronHands2019-006.jpg

FoS-IronHands2019-004.jpg

FoS-IronHands2019-001-1.jpg

I already have a Sternguard squad, Captain and Razorback assembled, so expect those to be painted up sometime this millennia.

• Brother Tyler, Interrogator Stobz, Apologist and 10 others like this

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 712 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

Oh, that does look pretty! I'm always excited to find new Iron Hands minatures, especially when they're this well-painted. Your weathering looks amazing, and the dull color palate evokes a very war-beaten force that's taken one hell of a fight but is not yet ready to surrender. I love it!

• Trysanna likes this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
ETL_Medal_01.gifETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpggallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/7/1 wh40k 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 1/0/0 Kill Team

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,301 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work.
  • Trysanna likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

.Torch.

.Torch.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 266 posts
I love how you've used the white. Adds a great contrast to the black, especially on the weapons casings.
  • Trysanna likes this

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpggallery_62972_14467_13241.jpggallery_48988_15094_5524.pnggallery_48988_15094_6453.png

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,018 posts

I'm so super ashamed of my own Shattered Xth when I see great stuff like this, very well done, I learned a lot, thx.

• Trysanna likes this

gallery_57329_13636_19556.jpg

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 827 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Ultramarines
Thanks for the kind words. If anyone is curious, the armour was painted with a 2/1 mix of Abaddon Black and Boltgun Metal(I forget the current name), with a heavy dry brush of 1/1 (same paints), followed by black lining with thinned Abaddon Black and a highlight of Boltgun Metal.
  • N1SB and The Ergonomic Enginseer like this

MagicMan

MagicMan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,229 posts
  • Faction: Marines Errant

Really dig the walking Dread particularly! Looks great.

gallery_48988_6285_1353.png

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,285 posts

Really dig the walking Dread particularly! Looks great.

I'm in agreement. Everything else is nice, but that Dreadnought..... Now THAT is cool.

PowerHungryMonkey

PowerHungryMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 133 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Great wok on the IHs. Always love seeing my favourite chapter done so well. Bravo.

Grey, however, failed to capture the ape. It escaped to France where it murdered a rich widow and was hanged.

Ferrum Aeternum - Primaris Truescale Iron Hands Army

BrotherEndcat

BrotherEndcat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 129 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Iron Hands; check. Weathering; check. Great use of multiple armour types; check.

Noice. Beautiful work man!

"I murdered thousands for the Emperor and he gave me nothing except his damning silence. Now his lapdogs yap for every life I take, while the gods promise me the galaxy..."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Hands, Space Marines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users