Mantis Warriors PLOG Lt. Finished

Greetings,

As per my normal habits I've started another chapter to paint and eventually get bored and start something new.  Im hoping my strange enjoyment out of painting green will allow me to get further into this project than some of my others and I figured with the Vanguard Primaris coming out soon I can just go with them.  I managed to paint up a Reiver Srgt that was a lot of fun and will serve as my test fig.

47294790201_9113390893_z.jpg

40330202393_a66502a805_z.jpg

47294789941_6634e0d99b_z.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Theduke08

thanks for the suggestion Charlo.  Maybe ill test it out on another fig.  Only reason im hesitant is that I hate painting black haha.

No worries! You've nailed it on the stripe on the head so you should be fine!

Finished my second Reiver.  The more that I paint these, the more I'm looking forward to the Vanguard release.  I ordered one of the Lt's off eBay just as a fun project to paint.  I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I actually played a game but I doubt it will be any time soon.  Id like to challenge myself to paint 1000 points worth of Mantis Warriors.

33496910358_5b0698b004_z.jpg

32431447567_1337a2abaa_z.jpg

32431447287_da506a9d10_z.jpg

Edited by Theduke08

I didn't really put much thought into what military's use for color designations to be honest.  I just thought the blue would add a little more contrast and stand out.  Rule of cool. 

Definitely, second dude looks ace!

A full army will look insanely cool.

Im really struggling to not order some of the Eliminators.  Not sure rules wise they are going to be great but the figs are very nice.  I have been considering if they will be in digicamo or just a solid color.  Maybe the Mantis Warrior original colors, yellow with black stripes.  Maybe..