The landing...

Excessus

Meanwhile, somewhere above Vigilus...

At first he had not noticed it since his transhuman physiology had replenished the blood faster than he could lose it, but now it was starting to annoy him. Fastened in the magnetic harnesses of the landing craft, his armour was growling and hissing in anticipation of the bloodshed to come. But because it had been denied it, his armour had slowly began to sink its teeth into him to fill its bloodlust. He did not know how long he had been in the landing craft, the chronometer on his visor had already been eaten away by daemonic scrapcode and was replaced with a kill-counter that angrily stared at him. It was not happy having to show a zero. He hoped the landing was imminent.

He looked around him to the other inhabitants of the landing craft, all grey in the dull light of the compartment. He could make out horns and spikes on their armour, some decorative and some...not. Furs and skulls of a myriad of creatures also adorned the armours together with runes of various origins.

"-Detachment theta, prepare for touch-down"

The robotic voice over the lander's inter-vox roused the other inhabitants, going through their pre-battle preparations and liturgies while the dulled noise of the explosions outside grew louder and louder. Now they finally had returned to the Corpse-Emperor's domain, and by the gods they would take it or see it burned to ashes around them.

"-For the Warmaster"

The skull-faced astartes sitting in the command-throne at the far edge of the compartment decoupled his harness and stood up while we answered his call in chorus.

"-FOR THE WARMASTER"

Hmm, the Alpha Legion keeps their secrets...but soon there might be a reveal...

...just don't build too many miniatures yet... ;)

Good job Ex. I have so much in a holding pattern for this.

BTW: I'm just going to paint it up anyway even though this is a build thing. If I have too much in waiting, it won't get done. :)

Nice touch on the kill counter. Mine was Chrono plug in was replaced with an army counter. :D

Ohhh I thought this was just released on the community page or something and was going to be floored that Gdubs just stated "just don't build to many miniatures yet" expecting another major Chaos release.

Great work

Krash

Archived