Future Directions (theory-crafting future release 40K)

AfroCampbell

I feel very confident that Armageddon is going to be redone. There were several call outs to it in the Fall of Cadia book. Also, we know there has to be a new Ghazkul model hiding some where. And there were mentions of the ritual to bring Angron into realspace as well.

The Dorn rumors make terrible sense to me. Why would Primaris bikers be released under the Fists. It makes little sense. The Khan returning makes much more sense. Easy to tie in Primaris bikers and speeders and CC units.

The Dorn rumors make terrible sense to me. Why would Primaris bikers be released under the Fists. It makes little sense. The Khan returning makes much more sense. Easy to tie in Primaris bikers and speeders and CC units.

If we see Dorn or the Khan return before Russ or the Lion, I'll be extremely surprised. They also offer the same opportunity for Primaris bikers, Speeders and CC units.

If we see Dorn or the Khan return before Russ or the Lion, I'll be extremely surprised. They also offer the same opportunity for Primaris bikers, Speeders and CC units.

I agree. So the Lion or Russ add to Dorn making the least sense to return along side rumored model releases.

"Rumors" about Rogal Dorn returning are really just speculation and wishful thinking (I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but it would require GW retconning Dorn's demise). There are no credible rumors about Dorn returning.

I've not heard anything.

I'd be happy to see Dorn or the Lion, or Russ. Those 3 alongside RG are the big 4 loyalists, arguably.

On a semi-serious note, Russ needs to have a really, really good reason on why he went Awol and abandoned human kind during a time of great need. Dereliction of duty and all that.

I've not heard anything.

I'd be happy to see Dorn or the Lion, or Russ. Those 3 alongside RG are the big 4 loyalists, arguably.

On a semi-serious note, Russ needs to have a really, really good reason on why he went Awol and abandoned human kind during a time of great need. Dereliction of duty and all that.

He saw a car going into the warp and had to run after it

"Rumors" about Rogal Dorn returning are really just speculation and wishful thinking (I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but it would require GW retconning Dorn's demise). There are no credible rumors about Dorn returning.

I thought they already retconned that, with the Imperial Fists only finding his hand(s) and not his body?

That is correct. Only his hand was found (An Imperial Fist lol)

No other trace or Dorn, but more telling is the fact that none of the Chaos Lords or commanders were bragging about felling a Primarch. It would have been a pretty big deal.

So what are the actual rumours?

Edited by Ishagu

There weren't any. And it makes more sense for a non-Codex Marines Primarch to come out just to spread the love a little.

Unless of course, they are going to combine all the codexes into one master list and use a Chapter of Renown Expansion to give each First Founding and their successors characters and a few units ;) . It's a pretty sweet model. 

I'd love for the HH model of books. One giant tome for all the generic unit. One extra book for all the chapter specific stuff.

Everyone can be updated simultaneously. 

Every chapter needs a minimum of 2/3 unique HQs, a unique infantry unit or two, and some extra options like strats, relics, etc

Edited by Ishagu

I'd love for the HH model of books. One giant tome for all the generic unit. One extra book for all the chapter specific stuff.

Everyone can be updated simultaneously.

This is how things worked in 3rd, which eventually caused Problems.

This is how things worked in 3rd, which eventually caused Problems.

I believe that GW even cited the negative feedback from that method as the reason they went back to full Codexes for those Legion bloodlines that were separated back out during 4th Edition. That way the “special snowflakes” aren’t Marines+1 on one side, or penalized by having to buy an extra book on the other.

Personally I think it just shows that there’s never going to be 100% satisfaction.

I've not heard anything.

Old lore, Russ is looking for "tree of life" cure or knowledge to save the emps.

Newer added lore.

Russ and valdor had a vision, of the imperium in flames and left, Russ vowed to return at the needed hour.

Russ and valdor left at the exact same time.

Read two meta physical blades.

The Dorn rumours come from a YouTube channel by Kirioth. The first rumour was that a new marine codex is coming soon for a chapter that has never previously had their own codex. The second rumour was that it is IF and Dorn.

It sounds too good to be true to me as it is literally my number one wishlist, although the IF upgrade sprue does need a generic release so there is that.

The Dorn rumours come from a YouTube channel by Kirioth. The first rumour was that a new marine codex is coming soon for a chapter that has never previously had their own codex. The second rumour was that it is IF and Dorn.

It sounds too good to be true to me as it is literally my number one wishlist, although the IF upgrade sprue does need a generic release so there is that.

An IF codex? So the normal codex but yellow?

That is pretty awesome of true.

I'd say there's a strong argument for an IF codex if they get a few new characters and units, and also if it incorporated Black Templars and Crimson Fists.

IIRC the SW novel "Ashes of Prospero" hinted at a return for the Lion, Corax and Khan but not Russ or Dorn IIRC. Of course this is just a novel so could be nothing more than Gav Thorpe stirring the pot a bit. :wink:

Thought of this as I was tidying up my X-wing cards. I would be very interested if GW had an app where I could download the stratagems, psychic powers, relics, warlord traits, chapter/legion traits etc as a digital card format/layout for the desired army to buy seperately. Free updates to content for life of edition, add in a free dice rolling function in the app as well. Basicaly a lite version of the Waroom app PP dose, to test the waters for a more expansive app like Waroom. 

Edit- also could have a CP tracker for the player(s). 

Edited by MegaVolt87

You'll find the same issue as Warroom does.... not every club meets in a place that has decent internet... plus WM/H tournaments (when it first came out) quickly had to make it compulsory that you also had the cards as well due to peoples devices running out of power during the tournament(s)......

IIRC the SW novel "Ashes of Prospero" hinted at a return for the Lion, Corax and Khan but not Russ or Dorn IIRC. Of course this is just a novel so could be nothing more than Gav Thorpe stirring the pot a bit. ;)

It is already been stated that ashes should be taken as "soft-canon" as it contains things that did not happen. It also includes canon conflicting information, like Terminator driving rhinos. So I would not rely on that for information.